what is this scoop for????

farique

500 RPM
Jan 22, 2005
Klang
Visit site
it more to release the air that comes through the radiator so the heated air will go out from the engine bay more faster without need to circulating around in the engine bay.. ?

oh wait, the position of the scoop is infront of radiator. Not behind the radiator. So, how this scoop helps in directing fresh flow of air to the intake? Its like the air enters (from the front grille) and goes out through the vented hood. Am I right or wrong?

Mozz

Known Member
Jul 12, 2006
That is a really NICE looking car. Congratulations!!
and well done for the choice of number too. another skyline 77 on the road :)

cheers
Mozz

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
it more to release the air that comes through the radiator so the heated air will go out from the engine bay more faster without need to circulating around in the engine bay.. ?

oh wait, the position of the scoop is infront of radiator. Not behind the radiator. So, how this scoop helps in directing fresh flow of air to the intake? Its like the air enters (from the front grille) and goes out through the vented hood. Am I right or wrong?
Didn't I just say that in my post? Why can't people spend a little more time and effort reading the other posts before making a silly one. No offence.

Cheers

Innocente

Known Member
Oct 28, 2006
Probably to drain rain water when the car is not in motion. heh heh! Spanking car btw..

DARREN 883

Known Member
Dec 4, 2004
oh ok thanks 4 the in for guys...
neway i got the pic from GTROC.uk
mine is still ir the work shop doing some kits...
good day

russwestwood

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2006
ofloveandcarbonfibre.blogspot.com
Farique, what u mentioned about "to release the air that comes through the radiator so the heated air will go out from the engine bay more faster without need to circulating around in the engine bay.. ?"
- that is more to the vents on the top of the bonnet...

"oh wait, the position of the scoop is infront of radiator. Not behind the radiator. So, how this scoop helps in directing fresh flow of air to the intake? Its like the air enters (from the front grille) and goes out through the vented hood. "
-It directs the fresh(cool) air by channeling it to the air intakes, thru a built-in ducting under the bonnet surface... all this is my humble opinion.. might not be 100% true.. :P

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Russ is right ... Suppose to channel air into the air-filter snorkel ... You may want to put the airbox snorkel back on and you will see a clearer picture ...

Hope it helps ... Hoo-Rah to Russ and DC ...

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Russ: Me a tech guru, hahaha ... We all are still learning each and every day, but thanks for the compliment anyway.

Cheers.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To all Swifters,

WHAT has happen to the suzuki clubs , the gatherings & the TT's. Is it all over???. I only see we are fighting with each other over here in the forum.....Sorry to says guys..this is the only forum or club where is see u guys are NOT united at all. I REALLY think that we all shall start back our gathering or TT sections. It doesn't matter who you are, what model u have , what mod u have done, what speed u have done or whatever...as long as u have vehicle with the name of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience