what clutch to use ????

rajie

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2005
pantai hillpark
i need to change my clutch for my car and what clutch do u guys advice me to put ???
im plannig to upgrade my car very soon to a bigger turbo ...so i need a racing clutch ...
how about exedy racing clutch ??? how much is it ???
and how about trinity clutch ??? how much is it ??
and is this clutches heavy ??

thank you

king_jamez

500 RPM
Apr 13, 2007
i'm not a pro but just wanna share...if u plan to use it for ur everyday driving better not go for racing clutch...ur leg will break if ur stuck in d jam...if not by all mean go for racing clutch...semi-racing clutch will be a more balanced one...for me i'm running on 7.5" exedy heavy duty on my bg...u can lighten ur flywheel if u think it's too heavy...i did mine n i'm quite satisfy wit it...btw trinity clutch will be much lighter...correct me if i'm wrong...hope this will help...cheers!

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
dude,

im not sure how true is this.but im telled that there's no semi racing cluth from exedy for b8.im using racing clutch 3 puck one.no its not hard.it is still acceptable for daily driving.i only find double plate clutch or triple plate is hard and hard to drive especially with full lock lsd FR car.damn hard!..

now im running 1 bar.it already like 1 year something or 2.its still ok.i dont hantam everyday.im using original 9" 210 flywheel.so the clutch should be around 8.5"...u'll able to land ur hand onto this stuff with around rm1.2k.its worth it.

hope this help.cheers!

p/s:i bought mine from someone in ZTH too.klang lama area.

who's the seller???nice chinese guy.

K_rulez

500 RPM
Nov 7, 2006
KELANA JAYA
worrrr... nowadays very hard to find exedy 3 puck racing clutch plate worrr... ya bro it's true... better go for exedy 3 puck racing cluth... wut da bro jambunk86 said is true... the clutch not so hard to press laa compare to vr4 one is very hard worrrr... i oso using exedy 3 puck racing clutch... n lighten the fly wheel oso... don lighten the fly wheel too much... lighten abit laaa... if to much u only have a pick up and no top end... if u plant to do drifting u can lighten maximum lorrrrrr.... my exedy clutch plate racing fix by kesidang workshop... price....???? rm 1450.....

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
k_rulez...only the plate fix cost u rm1450?...the plate only or the cover too?

beter get a new one.im sure the supplier is around.go and ask exedy malaysia.im sure they can bring in new one.

now im getting worried...what to do when mine finish...rm1450 plus labour????...dead man.

K_rulez

500 RPM
Nov 7, 2006
KELANA JAYA
hello bro Jumbunk86...

1450 including the clutch plate and the plate pressure... i am looking those thing for a week... u imagine la bro... n one racing oso out of stock...???? where to find...?? lucky my foreman at the kesidang manage to get it... now my car masuk workshop again... white smoke come out... haiya kena top over haul... oso change the piston ring... a metal gasket oso.... hehehee... i dunno la how much it could cost me.... sumore my insurance n road tax goin expire on 25 dec... waaaaaaa huaaaaaaa........

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
hehe.yeah, thats the dilemma when eh when u r using a monster.clutch never cukup and here and there problems.rileks dude, its a once in a year thingy for ur baby.hikhik.racing one out of stock???...better get exedy to bring in some more lor.or they dont make it anymore???...waaa!!!...mati la like this one.

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
guys,

i just got back from bengkel and found out my fren's drive shaft putus again...and there was the thinking about is that fellow engine is a monster one.and i think about the clutch and it remind me this post.

ok to get to the point.the bengkel is doing the clutch for rm1200 including all.installation and so on.currently one is in BG in kajang.so far it performs.the car dint go for dyno yet so i dont know how much horses it pack.but a few gearboxs already gone and 2 driveshaft putus.so im pointing the clutch is reliable.

any interested parties please enquire;

012-2857319 azri.

rajie

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2005
pantai hillpark
no money yet la bro..... my clutch some times sangkut than must off engine and free the gear than start and enter gear back....some people said my clutch bearing jam already ...
but when i slam paddle full the clutch not slipping my power is all the way till 7k rpm no slip ..... but now my side cooler crack and my turbo going to kong already....
currently looking for VF10 or VF8 which is already modifed already so just plug and play only ..
planning to dyno the car also now before upgrading

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
it seems like u have list of problems there.slowly dude figure it one by one..unless ur pocket is a deep one.then go all at once.

same goes here.just now my car run out of gas.after a 60km...with rm20 fuel.i dont know lor whats wrong.need to get it checked.what do u guys think i should check 1st eh?...already check the fuel line in the engine bay and nothing is leaking.under car not yet.since its already dark just now.

rajie

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2005
pantai hillpark
bro now i only got 100 bucks with me only ...haiii slowly la ...i think i will do my side cooler first than look into the turbo and see what to do ....
bro maybe ur tank got leak...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Previously, we had taken a glance into the ultra-rare and uber-cool automotive engineering that had together made TIMETOATTACK livelier. And now, it is time to shift our attention to the ones that originates from the Land of the Rising Sun, where some of them might look like a simple sedan or hatchback, but could also double up as a dangerous track weapon; the JDM machines...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience