Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

what 2 do with an old EG ar?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

arturo

nooB
hi guys....ive this old EG8 with a 1.5twin carb engine.served me well for the past year or so but starting to give me problems.when engine cold it keeps on dying off n when i rev it'll jerk like sputtering on water or something...my mech said the carbs dirty...showed me the sparkplugs which were black with carbon.changed the engine oil(shell semi) fuel filter then the sparks(NGK platinum) aredy. problem lessen but still dies off.my engine still sorta young for a 13 year old car(150k+) so i thought to use it for maybe a year or so b4 convert.any1 can recommend mech in mlk area?how much will i need for a full engine conversion la?a b16a1 auto will do aredy la.thanx

twin carb expert very hard to find these days...

nobody can help?whats the market price for a standard B16a1 AT from an EG9 hafkat?anybody can recommend something from mlk?how bout foreman to do transplant?6k enuff for everything needed to put the car back on the road?

hello...here goes the price list...

1)EG9 auto transmission half cut,rear disc
brake..fuel tank...rm4200
2)installation charges...rm1400

so...basically rm6K is about enough to put ur car back on the road...but then u might throw in a couple of hundreds more for the parts u might need to change..(eg all the necessary beltings,lubricants,filters)...our worksyop in tmn melawati,kl can surely do the conversion...thanks...;)

prImo said:
hello...here goes the price list...

1)EG9 auto transmission half cut,rear disc
brake..fuel tank...rm4200
2)installation charges...rm1400

so...basically rm6K is about enough to put ur car back on the road...but then u might throw in a couple of hundreds more for the parts u might need to change..(eg all the necessary beltings,lubricants,filters)...our worksyop in tmn melawati,kl can surely do the conversion...thanks...;)

bang prImo

MELAKA lar...hehehehe...long time no see....hows life buddy?

arturo
im sure in malacca got place to do conversion...try to look around... you can get either b16a auto engine from EG6 halfcut ( which is quite many ), eg9 one less in the half cut shop, workmanship i think in malacca kinda cheaper than KL, standard price is around rm1.5K including changing timing belts, lubs.

cheers

hehe...quite busy la nowadays EG8..hehe..ya la..as for the conversion charges..u can get it cheaper in malacca...but we can always give special discounts for ZTH members..heheheh...

hmmm....i asked around n so far everybody pointed me to some1 called din turbo.somewhere in malim.says good at vtecs.but charges high.a fren quoted me 1.5k without runner fee.my afren also suggests i put in a integra engine...the b18c i think?theres 1 EG9 hafkat that just came in somewhere in malim.will be looking into that.any pointers?any tips i should abide by when doing a conversion?

arturo said:
hmmm....i asked around n so far everybody pointed me to some1 called din turbo.somewhere in malim.says good at vtecs.but charges high.a fren quoted me 1.5k without runner fee.my afren also suggests i put in a integra engine...the b18c i think?theres 1 EG9 hafkat that just came in somewhere in malim.will be looking into that.any pointers?any tips i should abide by when doing a conversion?

arturo
if this din turbo workshop job is good and has been proven, i guess rm1.5k is worth the money.ask him personally does the rm1.5k including runner fees.
for rm4K plus u can get b18c auto gsr.
if the mechanic is good and honest ( which is hard to find these days ) well, you can rely on his expertise.take note that normally if the mechanic sourced the engine by himself ( which normally the price tag will be higher ) NORMALLy he will give limited warranty on the conversion.that will ease your mind a bit.

good luck.

prImo

he have to come down to malacca all the way to kl mah...hehehehe... offer him free lodging+meals during conversion im sure he will do it at ur place hehe...

EG8 said:
arturo
if this din turbo workshop job is good and has been proven, i guess rm1.5k is worth the money.ask him personally does the rm1.5k including runner fees.
for rm4K plus u can get b18c auto gsr.
if the mechanic is good and honest ( which is hard to find these days ) well, you can rely on his expertise.take note that normally if the mechanic sourced the engine by himself ( which normally the price tag will be higher ) NORMALLy he will give limited warranty on the conversion.that will ease your mind a bit.

good luck.

prImo

he have to come down to malacca all the way to kl mah...hehehehe... offer him free lodging+meals during conversion im sure he will do it at ur place hehe...

yaloh primo...very far leh KL...dun think my car can make it up there in 1 piece.just now as i was going in for werk the engine died off in a middle of a turn at bout 40kmh.scary man...yesterday morning had to heat the engine up for 30minutes or it'll just die off when i shift into D.was doing the rally racer "feet both on brake n accelarator" tactic when shifting.cham la like this. how come the B18c n B16a same price la?always wondered what GSR means....my car oni 1.5 carb if convert to 1.8 i dun think will pass loh....1.6 oso dunno if can pass not.scared later all nice aredy GAGAL....hailat loh

arturo

coz it auto mah... hahahaha
ask ur mechanic can cincai cincai kira with u lar... 1.5 to 1.8 can be done la...30% upgrade max

EG8...confirm ar 1.5 to 1.8 can pass?me heard lots of stories says from 1.6 to 1.8 oso fail leh...very strict aredy rite?u recommend the b16a or b18c?b18c got less torque rite?longer stroke engine rite?for FC which 1 better?how bout maintanance?me not kaki lumba but once in a while of cos got the need for speed loh :biggrin:

arturo said:
EG8...confirm ar 1.5 to 1.8 can pass?me heard lots of stories says from 1.6 to 1.8 oso fail leh...very strict aredy rite?u recommend the b16a or b18c?b18c got less torque rite?longer stroke engine rite?for FC which 1 better?how bout maintanance?me not kaki lumba but once in a while of cos got the need for speed loh :biggrin:

arturo
go ask ur mechanic first, get some details either can be done or not these days.if they assure you that can be done, ok la, otherwise play safe.second go do more survey either on the net or by asking friends, then u decide which one is the best for you.better fc take manual one, of course auto tranny makan petrol much more than manual.wanna play performance go for manual.it is not that auto cannot go but performance wise manual is much more better.maintenance wise i say both engine is easy to maintain, regular service will do then.

will be going to look for the mech very soon...how bout the hafkat?anything that i need to look out for?i need an AP for the hafkat engine rite?

MUNLEE Puchong got a few units of EG9 Auto halfcut on offer few weeks back, my friend bought 1 from them for merely RM3500 & with just 62,000km mileage, I think is quite a good deal...

arturo said:
nobody can help?whats the market price for a standard B16a1 AT from an EG9 hafkat?anybody can recommend something from mlk?how bout foreman to do transplant?6k enuff for everything needed to put the car back on the road?

Last edited:
CIVIC68 said:
MUNLEE Puchong got a few units of EG9 Auto halfcut on offer few weeks back, my friend bought 1 from them for merely RM3500 & with just 62km mileage, I think is quite a good deal...

arturo

go bring ur mechanic along la... all ap for engine will be provided...

62,000km auto EG9 1/2 cut is BLARDY cheap...with or w.out bodypart?

According to MUNLEE's sales person, they giving offer on the EG9 Auto halfcut is because they got few units lying in the warehouse, they want to clear some stock... the one that my friend bought come with rear disc brake & dashboard.

akuma said:
62,000km auto EG9 1/2 cut is BLARDY cheap...with or w.out bodypart?

wah damn cheap leh....but how i wanna bring the halfkat back to mlk?i aredy found a workshop doing conversions...lotsa experience.he even offered me an EK halfkat without bparts but with fuel tank,rear disk brakes n dashboard for 5.5k plus 1.3 for installation without registration n part replacement...which would be a better choice ar?forgot to say...the EK is auto....how bout munlee's EG9?

oh sorry....failed to see EG9 auto...damn cheap leh...still wondering how to bring the halfkat back ar...

A Post Every 5 Mins

To all out there whether face this kind of problem or not. My car running on GSR 4G93T and everything still standard. SO... this is what nomally people do... turn the ignition key to start position and then wait the check engine light turn off then start the engine... this only takes 3 to 4 second, right??? My problem is the check engine and the boost light indicator cannot turn off everytime when my car didn't start for long time i.e. 24 hours, this will caused the engine cannot start...

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom