Weird sound from rear drums

ndselvam

Known Member
May 20, 2006
Im driving LMST iswara .Ive been hearing some weird knocking sound from rear brake drums.Checked and already changed the rear arm bush and rubbers.

This sound only comes when i go slow - The vibration can be felt on the hand brake lever inside the car.This is how i found out the noise is from the back drums.

Changed all the bush in my car in including the front stabiliser

Any of u got any idea or faced this issue before? please let me know wat i can do further

I suspect the problem is either due to uneven brake pads or drum lining

Already took out the pads and clean them with sand paper and fit back

Still same problem

Can someone suggest anything?

ashween

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
JB
Visit site
mine had the same prob....but it was the spring knocking against the lower arm.

so just put pvc pipe on the spring where its resting on the lower arm.

Norns

Known Member
Sep 23, 2006
Also have the same problem ; sound chit chit chit on my both rear drum

Today just changed my both rear brake pad for rm70 including labour. I'll try to see if the sound still there or not later this evening.
Cos my rear drum will only sound after i stop the car for some time. if i driving already the sound wont come wan @@

Anyway, after change brake pad, i notice my handbrake not that tight anymore. I try to go to slope, and let off my car go slowly. Then pull handbrake, n i notice my car still move for 2 second only stop.
Is it normal ??

tk2005takeru

Known Member
Jun 15, 2005
KK
From my experience, try check handbrake cable and adjust it when necessarily, maybe it came out loose or pulled longer by tension. New brake pad/drum lining is not that gripy too, after a few weeks or so, or maybe a month or so, it can be very gripy, try it 1st and if things doesn't get what it should be be, inform your mechy immediately .

Cooled brake pads or brake lining can stick to your disc or drum, so it will be a bit gripy in the morning or after long cool down period, if it sound like metallic screech, this is normal and it will go away after a few minutes of driving. Spraying water on a disc brake during car wash or rain will also rust the disc immediately and can get quite gripy too. Though nothing to be worry about this, it happens. =)

ndselvam

Known Member
May 20, 2006
Weird noise from rear drum brakes

Well guys here is wat i did

1.Inserted rubber gas hose heat resistant the the coil spring

Front spring- Both upper and lower end of spring inserted with rubber hose about 2 feet hose needed for both upper and lower for one spring

2.Anti roll bar bush changed - my oem one i changed 3 months ago -teared off

3.Changed the front absorber bush

Sound dissappeared - Now can feel the brake not gripping

For the drum brake i will DIY this weekend in my mech workshop

My idea is to cut line on the pads not too deep and then slot it in

this way worked for my bikes last time

going to try this -- drum braked improved last time for bike - i will get the pics

DIY sound proofing soon to come

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all,

I bought over my elder brother's Honda accord and wanted to remove the body kits, do you know any shops in Klang, Shah Alam or Subang area where I could safely remove the body kits without damaging the paint job?

I'm not planning to DIY the removal as I wouldn't want to ruin the original paint.
Estimated price to remove?
Can I trade in the body kit as we'll?

Thank you for your recommendations in advance.
Regards,
Acer1810
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience