Waxing my friend's Honda City

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Rubber lining don't use the clay, will be a waste as it dirties the clay. Those black marks after just oxides rubber, The marks on the rubber is like fungus mark? If yes, very difficult yo remove one....

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Car Shampoo now also PH neutral mah......:rofl:
Rubber lining can use used clay haha...hardly would get scratched. Or just plastidip it haha
Use car shampoo to bathe baby :rofl: summore use wash n wax that type lol...car shampoo alone is good enough to act as lubricant for clay..or use ONR

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I wash and wax using hand power. I don't know how you detailers do it but my arms were about to break off when I was buffing off the wax. It's the only thing that's holding me back from going all bazonkers on detailing - the arm strength. I don't have a lot!

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I wash and wax using hand power. I don't know how you detailers do it but my arms were about to break off when I was buffing off the wax. It's the only thing that's holding me back from going all bazonkers on detailing - the arm strength. I don't have a lot!
What brand of wax r u using? Not all waxes are difficult to buff off..but it seems that wax that is harder to buff could last longer.

Sometimes I apply wax by hand too. I only apply very light pressure and then buff it with MF cloths. The MF cloth plays a very big role in helping buff off the wax. I usually use up to 4 MF cloths to buff off.

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
oh cvkit17...you can come and wax me.... ummm i mean wax my car anytime you want :rofl:

jokes aside, what items did you use? care to share some pictures or just write down the brand?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Emergence of a new detailer.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bro. Izso,
As bro. cvkit mentioned some wax/sealants are easy to buff off and some are difficult.
Another will be method of application. I prefer to do by hand too. The idea is to use sparingly or as little wax/sealants as possible, spread further or as thin layer as possible but make sure area is totally covered. My method sometimes I apply until you will hardly see any residue. This way to buff off is very easy. When application is to thick the wax/sealants dries and it will be difficult to buff off...

However waxing aside, is better to prep your surface first then only wax and that is the LSP or protection level. Prep the surface first you get better shine and easier to apply wax..... Of course for prep, I have an ROB in hand....:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

oh cvkit17...you can come and wax me.... ummm i mean wax my car anytime you want :rofl:

jokes aside, what items did you use? care to share some pictures or just write down the brand?
For my polish routine
1) Wash with DG901 car shampoo
2) PG Clay with Car shampoo as lube
3) Polish with DG501 AIO (all in one) with ROB (random orbital)
4) Seal with DG105 sealant by hand using mf cloth
5) Buff off with another mf cloth

Last edited:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

That just sound so damn gay dude :rofl:
I'm just using OTS products, commonly sold in many hypermarkets. For this Honda city I used permaglass polymer sealant. But I got a can of this KIT car wax paste which I use on my car often. Until it finishes then I would like to switch to other brands :driver:

Emergence of a new detailer.
Not talking bout me huh? I'm nothing compared to your great works

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That just sound so damn gay dude :rofl:
I'm just using OTS products, commonly sold in many hypermarkets. For this Honda city I used permaglass polymer sealant. But I got a can of this KIT car wax paste which I use on my car often. Until it finishes then I would like to switch to other brands :driver:

Not talking bout me huh? I'm nothing compared to your great works
Product wise, whether OTC and branded or Pro products, if it works for you, then why not. I used to be kit user for many years. Was having those solid color paint (Red some more) most difficult to maintain, use black can kit wax, but red oxides very fast, like have to wax every 2 weeks. The black can one also like AIO, polish and wax at the same time but a little aggressive. The metallic wax used to be in blue can is mild, have no cleaning power, just for waxing.

Who else does he means. Emergence means up and coming mah......:driver:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Product wise, whether OTC and branded or Pro products, if it works for you, then why not. I used to be kit user for many years. Was having those solid color paint (Red some more) most difficult to maintain, use black can kit wax, but red oxides very fast, like have to wax every 2 weeks. The black can one also like AIO, polish and wax at the same time but a little aggressive. The metallic wax used to be in blue can is mild, have no cleaning power, just for waxing.

Who else does he means. Emergence means up and coming mah......:driver:
I have seen KIT car wax paste for white cars. I guess it has more cleaning power. More expensive than the black can..I'm currently using black can and gonna finish up soon hehe. Plan to try sonax, mothers, or DG.

I also have this permaglass polymer sealant. But it is stated in their instructions not to use it together with wax...I tot wax can be applied on sealant? Hmmm..

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Bro Iszo, we detailers and enthusiasts are also humans... If you don't have the strength and time.. Try Opti car wax or DG Aquawax. I swear by DG Aquawax now. Fantastic water beading, easy to apply, no need to buff and can finish up a car in 5mins. Try it to believe it. Can ask Unker VR to testify hehehe. Durability of more than 2 weeks, no problem. I usually use it after every car wash. Saves time and better than spending energy and time with regular OTC paste waxes/sealants.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bro Iszo, we detailers and enthusiasts are also humans... If you don't have the strength and time.. Try Opti car wax or DG Aquawax. I swear by DG Aquawax now. Fantastic water beading, easy to apply, no need to buff and can finish up a car in 5mins. Try it to believe it. Can ask Unker VR to testify hehehe. Durability of more than 2 weeks, no problem. I usually use it after every car wash. Saves time and better than spending energy and time with regular OTC paste waxes/sealants.
Yup, but I use DG QD now mix with DG105 (my own combo). Bro. jonlsl mentioned he tested both my combo and aquawax and both about the same.....

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Yup, but I use DG QD now mix with DG105 (my own combo). Bro. jonlsl mentioned he tested both my combo and aquawax and both about the same.....
DG105 then QD? How long does it usually last in our country's weather?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
DG105 then QD? How long does it usually last in our country's weather?
Nope, I actually mix DG105 into the QD, spray and wipe as application, therefore very easy to use.
Roughly 2 weeks, but I apply again after every wash anyway....

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Don't know how to descibe it.
The driver side spring clip wire that secures the the brake pad is broken. I meant the one that u need to unclip before u can take out the brake pad.....
Went to my foremen, but he said he doesn't have the clip and tell me to find in chopshop. Than again he tell me nevermind one cos it's only function is for you to spring release the brake pads and the brake pad is already being secured by other parts.

I wonder how true is that??
But honestly he told me...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience