Water/Oil Temperature?

reefdee

Known Member
Mar 29, 2010
Putrajaya
my neo's oil temp is usually 90-100.. one time rembat kaw2 saw it nearing the red line at 110c.. but that was on brand X engine oil.. now running different engine oil brand.. never went above 100c so far... would love to try mobil engine oils next.. they are famous for being able to cope with high temperature conditions.. would be interesting to note at what range they operate.. my only experience with mobil previously was when i used mobil one full syn on my scooter.. with petronas or other engine oils my scooter radiator fan kept running even after i cabut the keys.. with mobil one, the radiator fan didnt ran after i turn off the ignition.. :biggrin:

holysniper

Known Member
May 26, 2011
N/A
just did some 170km/h runs on highway, water temp maintains at 85degrees, oil went up to almost 120degrees. Maybe the ELF 5w40 oil i am using is not good.. or should I invest in a oil cooler since I plan to go track.

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
just did some 170km/h runs on highway, water temp maintains at 85degrees, oil went up to almost 120degrees. Maybe the ELF 5w40 oil i am using is not good.. or should I invest in a oil cooler since I plan to go track.
i removed my water-to-oil cooler already :D

now water temp is showing 83degrees C when cruising regardless of weather ( except when it rains super heavy temp went down to 60+degrees C; worrying.. )

just to share, my oil temp using mineral oil cruising is 95degrees C , high speed cruising is 113degrees C average. thinking to get an oil cooler..but..sigh..scared oil wont be up to good temperature range, especially when it rains.

any suggestions where to place the air-to-oil cooler ?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Ideally, the cooler should be located at hi air pressure area...like at the vent of the front of bumper. to take advantage of incoming air.

however, if cannot find such place, a small electric fan can be attached to the cooler, actuated by manual toggle switch to turn it on/off, whenever there is a spike in the temperature, like during traffic jam, or when rembatting the engine time....

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
Ideally, the cooler should be located at hi air pressure area...like at the vent of the front of bumper. to take advantage of incoming air.

however, if cannot find such place, a small electric fan can be attached to the cooler, actuated by manual toggle switch to turn it on/off, whenever there is a spike in the temperature, like during traffic jam, or when rembatting the engine time....
thanks for the input.

holysniper

Known Member
May 26, 2011
N/A
i think i am gonna change my engine oil to other brand and put oil pressure gauge to monitor first.. how do you all place your gauges? I am running out of ideas on how to place them on the dash. Currently mine is oil and water temp just above the driver's side aircon vent there..

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
i think i am gonna change my engine oil to other brand and put oil pressure gauge to monitor first.. how do you all place your gauges? I am running out of ideas on how to place them on the dash. Currently mine is oil and water temp just above the driver's side aircon vent there..
behind driver's side sun visor :p

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

is there any write up on tufoil's website or users experience on
using tufoil inside the gearbox & rear diff as well? would like to
hear some reviews on this matter. Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience