warm start up (hard)

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

DeadManWalking

I drive a 1994 iswara, everything stock.. Mcm baru keluar dr kilang. The problem is starting the engine when it's already warmed up. I need to step on the accelerator half way to get it start. Change to new carb, still the same. Could it be something else? Fuel pump? Fuel regulator? or maybe the electronic black box? maybe u guys can help.. thanks

A good lubricant would ease morning start. Also, check your spark plugs and plug cables.

I had the same problem.Mine 1993 iswara.Send for tuning so many times but din't effect.My mech also told me its cab problem.I decided to tune my self.Now its alright already.Make sure u now haw to tune or better refer to a mech.

your cold start didnt work...mine when start in the morning...automatically run at 1500rpm...then drops to normal 1000rpm when the temperature passes the 1st lower line...one turn at the key and the engine will start...

Doink said:
your cold start didnt work...mine when start in the morning...automatically run at 1500rpm...then drops to normal 1000rpm when the temperature passes the 1st lower line...one turn at the key and the engine will start...

same same... when start engine the next day afternoon/evening/night , will go up to 1500rpm .. after 1 minute drive will go down to 700-850rpm .. hahaa..

DeadManWalking wat spark plugs u using ar?

my car idling point also decrease till 500rpm adi (warm temperature)... the engine like wanna mati like that... haha... cold start idle rpm is 1K...
i think need to retune my carb lar... aiseh... but dunno where can find good mech can tune my carb for me....

to nitrus and doink, your car's auto choke is functioning well. every time upon cold start, auto choke will take over by increasing engine rpm so it warms up faster and avoid excessive vibration.

skywalker, cold start idle must be above 1,000rpm. i believe the auto choke for your car is ok also so, during warm idle just increas idle speed to about 700-800rpm with aircond off.

for EFI system everything wud be taken care off by ECU. provided all the sensors ok laa..incl throttle body.

skywalker, cold start idle must be above 1,000rpm. i believe the auto choke for your car is ok also so, during warm idle just increas idle speed to about 700-800rpm with aircond off.
oo... thanks thanks... anyway i can tune it myself??... wanna learn to tune my carb leh... coz i read somewhere say carbs need to be tuned frequently....
previously my warm idle with aircond on is about 700-800rpm... after a few trips back to KL and ipoh, dunno why idle drop to 500rpm...

My friend is u wrongly idle the car will be worst.Normaly there is a place to adjust autochoke to make it higher.Its a crew at the left hand side of ur cab the the throtle spring.Screw it higher and try start in the morning.If it does not work then kong already.Try to adjust ur idle to 800 and aircond together same.Mine on 800rpm both together.For tuning u need the light device to do.Dont simply adjust or nahaslah!!!!!!!!!!

if wrongly tuned the carb...engine will die only...no need use the timing light(if u meant the timing light) u will need experience listening to engine noise...then u can tune it...cheers...

My friend is u wrongly idle the car will be worst.Normaly there is a place to adjust autochoke to make it higher.Its a crew at the left hand side of ur cab the the throtle spring.Screw it higher and try start in the morning.If it does not work then kong already.Try to adjust ur idle to 800 and aircond together same.Mine on 800rpm both together.For tuning u need the light device to do.Dont simply adjust or nahaslah!!!!!!!!!!
if wrongly tuned the carb...engine will die only...no need use the timing light(if u meant the timing light) u will need experience listening to engine noise...then u can tune it...cheers...
oo... means conclusion, send my car to experience mech to tune la... didnt know engine will kong jz because 'mis-tuned' the carb... i thought engine mati only....

i practise higher idle speed with aircond on, this is to offset the burden to engine when compressor is operating.

itss best to stick to manufacturer's spec. but normally, i will increase aircond idle to about 1000rpm. and idle with aircond off speed at about 700-800rpm.

if engine speed too low, and causing vibration, engine mountings will wear out faster.

Its not only engine mati but also effect FC,no pickup and jecking in the morning and also sometimes when warm up.I know that some experts can do by listening to the sound of the engine but if u are not then better refer to a experiance 1

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom