Want To Ask About Water Temperature Sensor...

evolution9682

Known Member
Feb 9, 2008
I always thought water temperature sensor can only placed at upper radiator hose,but i read my old magazine jz now,a evo7 put the water temperature at the lower radiator hose,tis make me confused.I try to search on web but couldn't get my answer,so i post here to seek for answer,i try to learn everything about evo,THanks...

Deep$hi+$

Known Member
Aug 24, 2004
KL
Visit site
I guess is really pending what temperature you want to look at. If on upper hose , it means to read water temperature on the engine. If you put it on the lower section it will indicated to you the water temperature after cooling.

Most people will put it on the upper hose so to know what is the water temperature for the engine. Hence you can know whether your engine is running too hot or not. If you locate it on the lower hose, the temperature will only indicated to you whether your radiator is functioning to cool down the heat .

Is eeally depend on your requirement oon what type of information you need to gather.

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
I guess is really pending what temperature you want to look at. If on upper hose , it means to read water temperature on the engine. If you put it on the lower section it will indicated to you the water temperature after cooling.

Most people will put it on the upper hose so to know what is the water temperature for the engine. Hence you can know whether your engine is running too hot or not. If you locate it on the lower hose, the temperature will only indicated to you whether your radiator is functioning to cool down the heat .

Is eeally depend on your requirement oon what type of information you need to gather.
wa... long time no see you liao bro... still got contact sean and the others? how's your monster? :wavey:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

How do we confirm if the gearbox is LSD? Any codes that I should look for or is there any way to test the LSD physically?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience