Waja Idle Problem

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
Hi guys

Any Proton Waja owner have face with not stable idling? My waja idling get worst just when i switch on AC. With AC turn off its idle nicely. Lot of mechanics say that my TB kong already. Refer to motorsport guy they say just the solenoid/valve at TB (do not know the right name for it) problem. That's cause idling not stable with AC on. Proton asking for RM800++ for that parts. Meanwhile spare part ask me to buy the whole new TB. Before this I notice in mudah, there is advertisment regarding Toyota FICD that claims can solve the problem. Did anyone have use this? Or any suggestion regarding this matter.

Thanks

mottrang

Dec 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yeah...
fix it with that things 1st...
i never try it...
but heard a lot of people used it to solve their tb problem when air con on...

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
Thanks Guy. Thinking of that way too. Better find a cheapest solution 1st before moving ahead. Just found the way to DIY it. Also got the fair price for the FICD. RM45. Will try it out this weekend & post the update later.

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
Hi guys.1st selamat hari raya to all. Little update regarding my idling problem. I do have installed ficd to solve the problem. Yes it helping me. Some people say it will cost me more fc. Honestly I do not feel it much. My fc still acceptable by me. Ok. Heading to main subject. Actually my idling problem not cause by faulty tb. But my ac system who do it. On hari raya eve everything clears up. 2 days before I already refill gas because it’s not cold anymore. It’s already pass 8 month after my last refill. So they say there’s maybe minor leak in my system. So I decide after raya going to fix it. So on Saturday while driving back to Terengganu, just after Gombak toll my ac getting warm. Since it still early morning so I just off it. Then I stop my car to check what the problem at ece karak entrance. Notice that the compressor fuse blown out. After change it everything back to work well. So I suspect there something wrong with my compressor. But just after my exit at jabor toll house it warm again. Even its just 9am but it’s really hot. Check everything fine. No blown fuse. Compressor running well. Its hari raya eve and not really sure if there is any shop still open since I was in Malay Kampung. After searching found one shop. He also says there is leak since gas totally zero. I ask him to check after done with other car. Lucky he not unplugs the gauge. After some while the reading showing my gas was full in system. Try to turn on the system and it cool. So he say there‘s might be clog anywhere in the system. 1st he suspect the valve. Not sure the real name. And his right. He tries to clean it but no use. So he changes the valve for me. Surprisely after that my jumping rpm while idling solve. My car back to normal. My fc much better. I just surprise why local ac shop do not notice the symptom before this. Paying him rm180 for valve, gas refilling and labor. So now everything works fine however I still to tune up little bit.

Attachments

sarled

Known Member
Sep 14, 2012
Semenyih
Does changing that aircon valve really helps with the idling?
I guess if the expansion valve was choking up or faulty the amount of gas going into the evaporator (coil) would be inconsistent. This would then cause intermittent hunting of your compressor in the engine bay, due to inconsistent loading, leading finally to unstable idling.

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
Does changing that aircon valve really helps with the idling?
Not so sure.But, in my case it does. Save some money not buying new TB.

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

I guess if the expansion valve was choking up or faulty the amount of gas going into the evaporator (coil) would be inconsistent. This would then cause intermittent hunting of your compressor in the engine bay, due to inconsistent loading, leading finally to unstable idling.
Agreed with you since everything related. No problem since i replace the valve. So as conclusion, i can said that the valve was main problem not my TB.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

While driving, electronic parts already showing the power loss. Everything on and off because of loss of power. Things getting worst and the car start jerking and the RPM meter unstable. My home is not that far away so I push the car a little bit, working hard to reach home. I felt the car and engine working very hard when I press the pedal. Suddenly there is a sound like a blow up (like a fire with blow up sound) in the exhaust, everytime I push the pedal. Once I reach home, the engine is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience