VTEC turbo

jc144878

Nov 30, 2005
I remember some civic spent rm6k for basic stuff including e-manage for his turbo(read it some where in forum).The package they offer for 8k is manifold(custom),intercooler,injector,e-manage,turbo(td04).I saw ebay selling rm3-4k kit,but i need the custom manifold and a reliable mechanic.How much did u guys spent on a vtec turbo?Did your engine sound differently after installing turbo?what's your fuel consumption?

EG6SiRT?

Known Member
Nov 19, 2005
jc144878 said:
I remember some civic spent rm6k for basic stuff including e-manage for his turbo(read it some where in forum).The package they offer for 8k is manifold(custom),intercooler,injector,e-manage,turbo(td04).I saw ebay selling rm3-4k kit,but i need the custom manifold and a reliable mechanic.How much did u guys spent on a vtec turbo?Did your engine sound differently after installing turbo?what's your fuel consumption?
if u can get the stuff outside by urself and the project will be cheaper...the expensive parts that u cant avoid is the turbo manifeold and also the intercooler piping...so it all depends on wut u want to install to ur car...
i cant tell u how much exactly but it is a LOT for me as I been working on it for the past 2 years...
the sound will be different from your NA for sure...
fuel consumption is great...provided you dont boost much(but if boost much..sorry cant help u)....better than i used my NA previously. When travelling long distance for instance to Penang...i can save as much as rm10 for the whole journey compared to my NA. Only my opinion n experienced...maybe the rest got theirs...

Tegger-4-Life

Known Member
Sep 6, 2005
Klang
VTEC Turbo is the way to go.....Stronger block, better flowing head, stronger pistons, connecting rods...etc

There is a limit to how much you can boost of course....but it is not that far off from non VTEC engines (e.g. B18B or DOHC USDM 1.8 140 hp engine) Most important is engine management, with good ECU and proper AF Ratio tuning you can do wonders with a VTEC turbo. (worry about VTEC engaging, just adjust it to engage later and tune overlap with adjustable cam gears)

Many ppl in the US run about 10 psi (0.8 bar) safely on B18C1 (Integra GSR 170 hp stock engine) to about 200 to 220 whp

However, since VTEC engines are NA to begin with there are a lot of parts: gauges, computer, fuel injectors, exhaust manifold, turbo, intercooler, piping, fuel pump which all need to be properly tuned together....

http://www.turbo-kits.com/b18ci_gsr_vtec_dyno.html <----check it out

240 hp at wheel with stock engine :retarded:

Force Performance

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
Borneo
:shades_smile: No matte how good your tuning is, d long lasting n reliable turbo pressure with std. CR. ratio 4 Honda Vtec B series stock internal block 2 withstand will be:

1] 10 psi 4 B16/b18
2] 8.5 psi 4 B20 or D16 SOHC.

Tegger-4-Life

Known Member
Sep 6, 2005
Klang
Force Performance said:
:shades_smile: No matte how good your tuning is, d long lasting n reliable turbo pressure with std. CR. ratio 4 Honda Vtec B series stock internal block 2 withstand will be:

1] 10 psi 4 B16/b18
Yeah man....I strongly agree. :_:

Nazli97

Nov 27, 2005
NA Vtec + turbo = MORE POWERFUL!!!

Tuning is very important...

Last edited:

lilvee

Known Member
Feb 21, 2005
KL
Visit site
Boost vs hp

Force Performance said:

1] 10 psi 4 B16/b18
But please remember.... 10psi from TD04 is not the same with 10psi from GT35, like heaven and earth. Its depand on the turbine compressor efficiency and how much air that the turbine can flow.

Better rate the engine with power than boost pressure level.

So, next time if u wanna boost your honda vtec, set your power level first and do the reverse engineering from there.

Cheers

Force Performance

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
Borneo
:shades_smile: Tis everyday uses 10 psi pressure must be generated from d optimum turbo sizing 4 d B16/18. n should b perfectly tuned without detonation.

If tend 2 replace a huge 500 hp turbo n run 10 psi in tis Honda engine. due 2 its long delay [lag] in producing boost till high rpm, it should not have enough combustion time 2 destruct d engine easily.

Firebird

Nov 22, 2005
Honda turbocharged in M'sia

I 've been to Drager Racing in KL with my friend [one of his Vtec customer] and notice that they mods quite a number of Vtec turbo [Mostly EG/EK] from a 1.5L. to 2.2L. street uses 170hp to the extreme 480 power.

EG6SiRT?

Known Member
Nov 19, 2005
I just want to bring this thread up...

Anyone one to share the experience with vtec turbos?? being smoked by....u ve smoked them...noticed any...so on n so forth..come on..I know theres a lot outta..

EG6SiRT?

Known Member
Nov 19, 2005
Im having constant problem with my engine mounting..especially the one at timing blet side gearbox and firewall...this year alone i ve changed 3 - 4 x...damn!

Any suggestion that can eliminate such hassle?? I m only using the standard ORI mounting.. I ve also tried to pump in the glass seal rubber to make it last. It only last me extra 1 or 2 months more than the standard one.

Any vtec turbo owners out there having the same prob?? advice please..

EGfan

Known Member
Dec 18, 2003
EG6SiRT? said:
Im having constant problem with my engine mounting..especially the one at timing blet side gearbox and firewall...this year alone i ve changed 3 - 4 x...damn!

Any suggestion that can eliminate such hassle?? I m only using the standard ORI mounting.. I ve also tried to pump in the glass seal rubber to make it last. It only last me extra 1 or 2 months more than the standard one.

Any vtec turbo owners out there having the same prob?? advice please..
Guess the additional torque must have over stressed the mounts.
Have not faced any of this problem yet..:regular_smile:
Only way to prelong the life of your mounts....Dun full throttle all the time laaaa

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my kenari is facing (i think) engine oil decrease, it is full when cold morning before start the car, and after engine running optimum temp, i shut the car off immediately and remeasure the oil level, the oil level goes down to half, is this normal?(ps. all measurement done at leveled floor) i heard some mechs said that is normal, and kenari engine oil must be measured right after car engine turned off is the most accurate, if low oil level reading resulted from that means engine oil is low...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience