VTEC turbo

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
hehehe..dun say VTEC is for NA here aaa hehe..outside so many vtec turbo already. why here in malaysia it is rare one ? takut aa ?

so, what's the problem when turbocharging the vtec engine other than cost problem ?

open deck type block can be solve by putting block guard..other problem ?
high comp piston = change piston la and good metal gasket
vtec stock camshaft smeone says it is meant for NA (longer duration on intake and shorter for exhaust) and it is not good for turbo unless chage to camshaft with longer duration of exhaust side..is it true ?

more more problem to encounter ?

TODA6866

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
u aledi said it urself...........

dun say VTEC is for NA here aaa
what's the problem when turbocharging the vtec engine other than cost problem

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
I think tuning is main problem when comes to Turbocharging N/A expecially variable valved N/A engines.

SiRCRX

500 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
No prob laaa . Go to a good tuner & everything is safe & sound.
Got friends with 2.0L TypeR Vtec Turbo NOS.
Problem is $$$$$$

Itab

500 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Serdang
Visit site
may i know from which car is the 2.0L typeR Vtec engine from ah?
B18C is from integra typeR DC-2 mah,then 2.2L Vtec Prelude's engine i donno wats the code la....then cicv typeR is B16B mah...
hmm....2.0L,got accord typeR?
me not very familiar with honda engines la... :P

ezwong2002

Known Member
Mar 21, 2004
Butterworth, Penang
www.geocities.com
yeah.. VTEC Turbo is same like MIVEC Turbo... engine management system is very important for both technologies to work together.. even if u have $$$ but if u have a bad tuner.. ur VTEC Turbo is useless... a decent N/A engine also can beat the crap out of you.. but if tuned properly (with the right hardware).. it's a real monster... good luck.

Itab.. i think he meant B16B engine change to 2L block ler.. most common block is the CRV block.

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
K20A from DC5 is type R or not ?

yeah..tuning is of cos for most car is important..yeah vtec turbo need serious management system..but that's i think can be solve. my current car now also a hybrid NA to turbocharge with bigger block but no VVT system hehe

how about parts ? any critical parts have to be change other than piston ? is conrod is essential ?

Itab

500 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Serdang
Visit site
yeah K20A is the DC5 typeR engine,tht's wat i read in the magazines la
but half cut for tht engine should be damn rare n damn expensive i guess,since it is still so new

Itab

500 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Serdang
Visit site
ezwong2002,
i see....i thought of the CRV engine also,but the old CRV engine is non Vtec one rite?so ruled it out lo.....
can change B16B engine with CRV block one ah?how's it done ah?i don really understand these hybrid mods la,please explain to me :)

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
Originally posted by Itab@Jul 16 2004, 11:48 PM
ezwong2002,
i see....i thought of the CRV engine also,but the old CRV engine is non Vtec one rite?so ruled it out lo.....
can change B16B engine with CRV block one ah?how's it done ah?i don really understand these hybrid mods la,please explain to me :)
i don't think it just the matter of $$$.

Vtec is a high compression engine. To achieve a long lasting reliable without changing internals is in the long term ,..... is not the most ideal.

why do turbos (the high powered monsters) have forged pistons?
why do most good tuners lower the compression when they turbo the VTECs?

search sites on turbo esp vtecs.

this reasoning is also applies for other marques (high compression engines)

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
i think this kinda info too many people know la bro..

high comp engine NA turbocharge have to change to low comp piston change thicker metal gasket bla bla...all people know already..no need to mention

yes..it is a matter of money. u dun even need the vernier caliper to measure ur piston height or bore or whatever..now all in the performance store dude.

what i want to know here is what else do we need to take attension rather than low comp piston and thicker metal head gasket ? and also block guard

what about oil pump gear ? anything else ?

akimoto

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
turbochargin ur vtec doesnt necessary need to change to low comp pistons.
stock pistons without blockguard, but thick gasket - could get u to boost good to 1.1bar

Most important is the tuning part ;)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hands on detailing saves you hundreds & thousands of RM every year especially Hari Raya

WHY DO IT YOURSELF? cause other harm it http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...m-wash-by-road-side-car-wash-in-malaysia.html

saves you the trouble of the car needed to being polish or sent to car spa's

even ladies can do it...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience