vtec in proton?

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
It can be done but it's costly and u won't get JPJ approval, so forget about it.

rajie

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2005
pantai hillpark
millenium motorsport malaysia did covert a satria with VTEC engine ....but it was for track use.....
dont think you can get it approved for road use

croydon

Known Member
Jun 10, 2010
Langkawi
from .::Satria Vtec thread::. that fella claim no need to mod mounting, can use back oem mounting, but not all foreman can do w/o mod mounting. in 08 my friend swap engine charade G11 to espri 1.3 and the foreman do some mod and weld to engine mounting... in the end cant endorse till now, but others charade G11 swap to espri 1.3 easily w/o mod mounting and can endorse... seems like my friend found the wrong foreman to do the job

zharif syahir

Dec 31, 2012
Selangor
from .::Satria Vtec thread::. that fella claim no need to mod mounting, can use back oem mounting, but not all foreman can do w/o mod mounting. in 08 my friend swap engine charade G11 to espri 1.3 and the foreman do some mod and weld to engine mounting... in the end cant endorse till now, but others charade G11 swap to espri 1.3 easily w/o mod mounting and can endorse... seems like my friend found the wrong foreman to do the job

then if you know a foreman that know to do it introduce me. i would like to go their shop and use their creativity.

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I have seen one B16B on old Satria 1.6 chassis back in JB but according to the owner, it was not JPJ compliant.
Then interesting part, his car is a silent killer running on stock external with no loud exhaust and no body kit. He claimed never been stop at roadblock. As the rule of Police / JPJ's thumb is mostly dark tint, loud exhaust, loud BOV, excessive body kit and panic...lol.

Unsacred8002

Known Member
Sep 24, 2012
Cat City
I have seen one B16B on old Satria 1.6 chassis back in JB but according to the owner, it was not JPJ compliant.
Then interesting part, his car is a silent killer running on stock external with no loud exhaust and no body kit. He claimed never been stop at roadblock. As the rule of Police / JPJ's thumb is mostly dark tint, loud exhaust, loud BOV, excessive body kit and panic...lol.
Better keep it stock. As for that rules, it really depends. Usually based on profiling. Hahaha! Trust me, i always done that during operations. Look sharply into the driver face. And it's up to my hand to point them to stop or not. Hehehe. But usually i don't go for RB. Im more on focusing & monitoring how the anggota done their procedure right. And for Honda to Proton, its not considered as clone engine specs. Clone engine can be considered as Mitsubishi>Proton, Daihatsu>Perodua. Cross brand, its hard. Or i can say, nearly impossible for road use unless.. If u own a very goooooooodddddddddd cables with those shining "Star & Keris" at the HQ@state level one..:shakehands:

Unsacred8002

Known Member
Sep 24, 2012
Cat City
My friend 1JZ E32 is road legal. How come?
That's y im tellin u.. If he have a nice connection with JPJ automotiv dept, surely lepas.. that one is inside Cat 2. But for sure E32 engine CC is bigger than 1JZ rite? (or if im wrong on this?) What im saying about clone engine fall under Cat 4. Cat 2 & Cat 4 is different in rules. :top:

Unsacred8002

Known Member
Sep 24, 2012
Cat City
No la.

JPJ is very particular with Proton, but with other makes they slack a bit.
Support national car 1st ma... Dats y AFTA not yet implement. Hehehe

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Good day all sifus.I have some serious problem with my Mivec.The problem
is the engines always drop dead all of a suddent especially when you are
going below 40 kmh.sometimes when stop at the traffic light it also off
by itself.Apart from that i cannot start immediatly and have to wait
around 2 to 4 minutes.As far as i am concern the timing is just good
because idling is around 800 and with aircond 1k.So far i have change the
trottle body,spark plug and the cable but the problem...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience