VR4 n MIVEC which 1 better?

mayguy

Mar 22, 2005
i have 1 fren he wanna self his VR4 at cheap price...but some of my frens told me better buy MIVEC la....i dunno which 1 nice...so i need all sifu here help me! pls .....thankx...peace!

norika_sakai

Nov 16, 2003
Selangor
Visit site
bro...you wanna compare turbo and n/a engine ar.....hahaha.....for the car power of course vr4 more powerful lor...but vr4 engine quite old edi ler.....

bro, if you wanna play turbo..go for turbo lor since your friend wanna sell you cheap..and you dont mind about the maintenance lor......but if wanna play n/a ..go for mivec lor...but mivec halfcut not cheap ler....and the maintenance is like normal car....hahaa.....hope this will help you....

dawgie

Sep 23, 2004
Petaling Jaya
use it 1 time before,

Pros
-tough block
-endless mod
-fast

Cons
-old engine
-high road tax(2000cc)
-high maintenance(service my vr4 every 2000km)
-fuel comsumption like drinking water
-heavy engine
-endless parts problem due to old engine(wear n' tear)

yup, better stick to 1.6 mivec.

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
both engines are more than 10 years old and will have equal share of problems if you do not replace all the worn parts (eg rubber seals, gaskets) during transplant. As for roadtax they are both cheap ie. below RM400 a year (2000cc and below) when compared to 2500cc (RM800a year) or 3000cc(RM3000+ a year). Fuel consumtion favors the mivec but vr4 isn't as bad as dawgie mentioned (mine was averaging 350+km for full tank).

In the end it is a question of power vs. fuel consumption, not to mention JPJ approval (if your original engien is 1.6 or lower it might not be possible to transplant to a 2.0 litre, even if you can there might be high runner fees).

mayguy

Mar 22, 2005
i got some Q,normally ppl who tranfer engine r there going to change all the oil seal gasket something?if MIVEC this kind of part expansive or not?
n 1 more is...how to let MOD MIVEC to 240hp?my fren told me he dulu play MIVEC too but MOD till 240hp la...i duno whether he lie me or not!so i coming to ask u all sifu right here to help me out.....n thankx a lot ...

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
yeah...of course tat's possible..but N/A mods are expensive.but there's an also unlimited mods that u can do on a MIVEC ehehe

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
mayguy said:
i have 1 fren he wanna self his VR4 at cheap price...but some of my frens told me better buy MIVEC la....i dunno which 1 nice...so i need all sifu here help me! pls .....thankx...peace!

To simplify your life, just take the NA Mivec. Reasonable fuel consumptions, moderate maintenance, consider fast also (Mivec no problem to reach 200 kmh, right?). Can belasah all the way somemore, provided u keep it stock std la. By end of the day, can save some money to buy something else (properties, simpan duit kahwin ker.. etc), rather than overspending on cars. Just like me.

Turbo car (VR4)....how fast it can go?. 240kmh/250kmh on wira chasis?. Hmm... sure or not?. Gila ka!!. SAFE or not?. Critical path to be considered-> SAFETY. And also other thing to consider also, since your wheelbase is only proton. Really need extra $$$ to keep-up, unless u are buying lancer mx chasis. Need some extra care also, which resulted to extra $$$. One more other major issue now, JPJ. When road block kena kawteem lagi, silap hari bulan kena sita pulak cause Proton where got 2.0 wira Turbo, right?.

So, in conclusion.. face reality & accept facts. Play safe. Don't spend much $$$ on mods, especially in protong. Really waste of money. Lack of satisfactions!. (unless u are modding a JDM wheelbase, that is different story liao)

If u currently drive wira wheelbase, my suggestion was Mivec. If i were u, i don't dare to put turbo in wira. Really not safe (as stressed out by JPJ & enforcement) & not road worthy!.

Just my humble opinion.

mayguy

Mar 22, 2005
oh,,,after reading ur message i think i know what to do liao...very thank you to share ur experience about this...yeah u true...play turbo is very waste money...all of my fren also told me he regret play turbo engine also...now i know which 1 is suit to me...MIVEC best of the best...but im still new..so hv many thinngs need to know n learn...so every sifu here if i anything wrong pls correct me ok!very thankx

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
max guy,

Turbo does not waste money.

Ignorance and naiveness that cause money to be wasted.

Those people who say this engine is old and useless or that engine is new and better, these kind of people do not know what they are talking.

To be honest I used to be one of them too.

Revo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Talking about immediate power, definitely the way to go is VR4. Mivec is new, and the cost of modding it is at the high side. Unless u have a lot of $$$ to burn. VR4 all the part is old but easy to get since it's almost compatible with Evo. If u want to drive safe and save petrol - Mivec, wanna feel the power - VR4. Maintenance is almost the same. Cheers :)

chelnick

Known Member
Dec 4, 2003
Mivec... my mivec stock with drop-in k&n and 2 1/4" exhaust can go nearly 230km/h... using rsm to unlock the speedcut.....

power wise for n/a is quite fast already.... can play with most gti's and some vtecs(depending on driver)

and if your not satisfied with the power you can always turbo it marrr.... i'm gonna turbo mine soon hehehehehehehe... low boost high comp setup.... will see how it goes first kekekekek

I

Indecided

how can you use top speed to compare power? I mean, the local k-cars can put out 74bhp and with a 1.2lit top out at 170km/h...

MiVEC as some say is pretty much a failed experiment.. even though it's on several new models I would say...not worth your money. Since you're putting in a transplant, might as well make the best out of it, and not halfheartedly yea? :)

mayguy

Mar 22, 2005
wow...means that if i take MIVEC i no need mod any thing also can hit with VTEC la!!!laast night i go to MUN LEE asking the mivec h/c price...it was 5k something...damn quite expansive la...i hv to get my budget so need to check all the price first...if any one got any nice place cheap n good service pls tell me ok!im newbies....hv to know more from u all sifu...if i can test drive mivec how nice is it!who wanna satisfied his car let me drive 5 minuts?
haha,,.,,just kidding la...i hv a lot of Q because i dun hv drive mivec b4...but vr4 i drive b4...quite nice..but i dun like that kind of feeling...feeling not so well...maybe the boost to high...the car is not mine..is my company manager 1...his VR4 dun hv intercooler, tubine terus go to trottle....crazy la...maybe i love N/A more that turbo...N/A more natural ....one more Q ,6k can settle all the thing include h/c labour JPJ everything until i can take the car!who got this kind of experience can i share with u?!

Jimbitz

Feb 27, 2004
Petaling Jaya
jimbitz187.cjb.net
if you are going to use your car only for normail daily driving go for mivec.
if you want more power go for vr4.

also, if you plan to do the transplant, you should prepare more money incase of engine breakdown. also to change some wear and tear parts. you don't want to have any trouble later rite?

mivec can play with vtec. but to beat all of them I doubt it. I thought the mivec and vtec topic has been discussed long ago. :)

anyway, it is just my opinion.

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
u take a stock mivec vs a stock vtec... well, those who has been playing cars all these while will know wat i'm talkin about..

VR4 - one tough dog..

I agree with wat Joeker said...

Btw, how safe a car is, is highly dependant on how the driver drives... u can drive an S class and still die if u drive recklessly... with all d powers invested in yer right foot, use it wisely.... he who abuses what he has will die like a fool...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

Anyone kindly teach me how to dismantle Proton LMST speedo meter? So far I just know how to dismantle the middle panel but can't figure out how to dismantle the speedo meter.

Appreciate any helps from you guys.

Thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience