vr4 modification

abonvr4

Aug 30, 2008
Hallo to all turbo sifu.

Need ur help la bro.
Having problem with vr4 engine modification.
Block already rebore to 87mm with vg piston and use ori vr4 crank & conrod(Dah pasang baru tau piston rendah lorr but i know block kena potong laa bru ngam).As u know vg piston have different height(Low) compare with ori vr4 piston. I just want ask to all of u sifu what the suitable crank to sit in my block if i want to use back ori vr4 conrod without modify(potong/skin block or conrod) coz i want to use vr4 standard size race series acl bearing crank & conrod(Already buy la bro).I try to use crank frm 2.0 wira diesel engine with 7bolts but can't fit to vr4 block la bro..So mintak tolong u all give me some advise lorrrr...:adore::adore:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Hallo to all turbo sifu.

Need ur help la bro.
Having problem with vr4 engine modification.
Block already rebore to 87mm with vg piston and use ori vr4 crank & conrod(Dah pasang baru tau piston rendah lorr but i know block kena potong laa bru ngam).As u know vg piston have different height(Low) compare with ori vr4 piston. I just want ask to all of u sifu what the suitable crank to sit in my block if i want to use back ori vr4 conrod without modify(potong/skin block or conrod) coz i want to use vr4 standard size race series acl bearing crank & conrod(Already buy la bro).I try to use crank frm 2.0 wira diesel engine with 7bolts but can't fit to vr4 block la bro..So mintak tolong u all give me some advise lorrrr...:adore::adore:
so far as i know , there is no choice, just have to lay ur block, keep the crank and conrod , other cranks will yield the same problem still , im nt sure bout the 2.4 crank, bt seriously a 2.4 6bolt crank is super rare in malaysia, im still unsure y ppl still go for VG pistons , VG pistons are already RM500+ , machine work + rebore 300-400 , while a Manley forged piston is only RM1200-1400 and its Plug&Play, bt please do not PM me where to get it :P source source search search :P

Last edited:

kroolada

3,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
from my experience, if dun want to skim block u can adjust the piston pin bushing , but the 68 crank is the best choice. dun worry about vr4 conrod bearing , can fit to evo conrod no problem just need to modify sket. before this i already mod mirage 6 bolt crank+evo conrod+vr4 conrod bearing. this set up in my drag car almost 2 year and no problem at all. for ur info only 1 time i change the engine oil he3.

for the vg piston , can hold up to 2.2. bar with pump gas and up to 600+hp. this piston already used by many dragster almost 10 years. with 87mm (stock 85mm) in size will increase cc too. new piston ring also can buy from spare parts shop.

* abonvr4......thanks for trust me , came from melaka . blok vr4 2.2 awak siap minggu depan. jalan2 cari makan he3.

abonvr4

Aug 30, 2008
Tq very much both of u bro for ur good sharing knowledge..

**kroolada...jauh perjalanan luas permandangan he3

abonvr4

Aug 30, 2008
Bro,

One more thing question about my vr4 head..
Head already done with pnp
Used 272 cam,valve spring n pulley frm HKS
Retainer frm BC.
And the only valve use frm oem.
It's valve need to replace frm others made..
Coz i worried the oem valve can broken when running high rpm..
Teach me plzz..:driver:

kroolada

3,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
from my experience oem valve can pull to 10k rpm without problem. if got budget stainless steel oversize 1mm will be better.

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
based on my experience, as long as u use OEM (meaning original from factory) valves, it'll be ok. the problem comes when u buy the valves that are from spare part shop that has "made in japan" engraved on it. those valves will definitely break at high rpm. if OEM, it will be reliable.

abonvr4

Aug 30, 2008
based on my experience, as long as u use OEM (meaning original from factory) valves, it'll be ok. the problem comes when u buy the valves that are from spare part shop that has "made in japan" engraved on it. those valves will definitely break at high rpm. if OEM, it will be reliable.
The problems is how to compare either oem product n spare part shop product..
Any ideas bros...

kroolada

3,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
its not about 10k, its about ramp rate of the cams
ha3 that true bro , i means the quality of the oem valve never prob. at hi rev like 10k rpm pull. please la dont used valve from spare part shop made in japan (rm 20 for 1 pc) for performance engine. some of my friend had a problem valve broken during drag race. total engine lost and need to be fully rebuild because only the cap ayam valve.

abonvr4

Aug 30, 2008
alo abon vr4 , dah abis running ke ? nti sms me the result bro.
Bru abes running bro..tp lum setting lg..if dn't have any prob maybe end of this week set la bro..sure i'll sent u the result bro..

Nov 3, 2014
Penang
Hi guys just want to ask if i also face the same problem with abonvr4..if i dont want to change the crank..what conrod size can fit for standard vr4 crank?can any want suggest any conrod?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all sifu....

i hv a mod car but now got bit problem here hope all sifu can gv me a idea here thank you very much.......

when my car rav till 5k rpm (sometime start fr 4k+) it always not smoth n some times sounds like "PopPopPop ...." can any1 help me out ???
tried out used to control the fuel but still the same - or + fuel also same ...... change the plug n cable also the same.....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience