Viking Tyres launched in Malaysia

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I think they use Michelin Super Sport. Koeniegsegg also special made for it by Michelin just like Veyron. If im not wrong.
Yup, is Michelin but not sure what model they use....Found this...

Michelin therefore created completely new tires to handle the Veyron's unique requirements. In the rear, the tires are 14.4 inches (36.6 cm) wide. Specifically, the tires measure 245/690 R 520 A front and 365/710 R 540 A rear, where 245 and 365 are the width in millimeters (9.5 and 14.4 inches respectively). The rims are 520 mm and 540 mm in diameter (approximately 20 inches). These tires, in other words, are massive -- the rears are the widest ever produced for a passenger car.

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

So Michelin is like one of those very top tyre manufacturers out there since these company sought tyres from them? Usually Pirelli was often found in supercars. Viking tyres like in this topic, lol no need to say already... :rofl:

BTW, the time you posted your reply was so early in the morning. Din't sleep at all? :biggrin:
Vampire, sleep during the day......:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yup, is Michelin but not sure what model they use....Found this...

Michelin therefore created completely new tires to handle the Veyron's unique requirements. In the rear, the tires are 14.4 inches (36.6 cm) wide. Specifically, the tires measure 245/690 R 520 A front and 365/710 R 540 A rear, where 245 and 365 are the width in millimeters (9.5 and 14.4 inches respectively). The rims are 520 mm and 540 mm in diameter (approximately 20 inches). These tires, in other words, are massive -- the rears are the widest ever produced for a passenger car.

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

Vampire, sleep during the day......:biggrin:
What is that 365/710 and 245/690?

245 for front while 365 for rear? Rear is like wider than front for over 100mm. Does this mean that even though Veyron is AWD, but most of the power and torque transfer goes to the rear wheels?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
What is that 365/710 and 245/690?

245 for front while 365 for rear? Rear is like wider than front for over 100mm. Does this mean that even though Veyron is AWD, but most of the power and torque transfer goes to the rear wheels?
Did not go further into it as will never be using them.......:smokin:

As for smaller width in front is due to turning and turning circle. Too wide will be difficult as in most Super cars also like that, maybe less difference only.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
So Michelin is like one of those very top tyre manufacturers out there since these company sought tyres from them? Usually Pirelli was often found in supercars. Viking tyres like in this topic, lol no need to say already... :rofl:

BTW, the time you posted your reply was so early in the morning. Din't sleep at all? :biggrin:
Can't sleep.
Probably, Michelin can be said is the top tier.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Did not go further into it as will never be using them.......:smokin:

As for smaller width in front is due to turning and turning circle. Too wide will be difficult as in most Super cars also like that, maybe less difference only.
For FWD track cars, they emphasize more for the front tyre size. But now I am wondering will the turning and turning circle be affected?

Can't sleep.
Probably, Michelin can be said is the top tier.
Insomnia problem. :biggrin: Take care man..

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
For FWD track cars, they emphasize more for the front tyre size. But now I am wondering will the turning and turning circle be affected?

Insomnia problem. :biggrin: Take care man..
Even FWD, front tyre either same as rear or smaller cannot be bigger...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bigger become dragger dy. :hahaha:
All bigger then yes, but now is whether front bigger or rear bigger.....:biggrin:

Like my friend for GRA front grippy, rear not so....maybe can put bigger in front, smaller in the rear also.....:hmmmm::biggrin:

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yes it will. FWD problem lah. Turn and accelerate also front. Hot like shiet.
Nope, emo problem hahaha. Im okay now.
Don't complain about FWD lor since most of us here are also using it. Don't think about the weakness or what your car could not achieve, but think about how you can fully maximize your car's potential and stretch out its limits. :biggrin:

Even FWD, front tyre either same as rear or smaller cannot be bigger...
I thought front can be larger than rear as that is what I read at Option magazine when they talk about those Civic for track events.

Bigger become dragger dy. :hahaha:
Like those Civic drag cars from Avantech. Front tyres are huge while rear tyres are small. Using Hooster tyres, I guess those are drag tyres?

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
All bigger then yes, but now is whether front bigger or rear bigger.....:biggrin:

Like my friend for GRA front grippy, rear not so....maybe can put bigger in front, smaller in the rear also.....:hmmmm::biggrin:
Maybe your friend FWD wanna handbrake turn around those cones.

Don't complain about FWD lor since most of us here are also using it. Don't think about the weakness or what your car could not achieve, but think about how you can fully maximize your car's potential and stretch out its limits. :biggrin:

Like those Civic drag cars from Avantech. Front tyres are huge while rear tyres are small. Using Hooster tyres, I guess those are drag tyres?
Even me as well. Easy for u to sayyy. We don't have the platform of a FD2.
Yeap, Hooster is a famous brand for drag radials.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Maybe your friend FWD wanna handbrake turn around those cones.

Even me as well. Easy for u to sayyy. We don't have the platform of a FD2.
Yeap, Hooster is a famous brand for drag radials.
What to do, we got to appreciate what we've got at the moment before we have the money for an upgrade. :biggrin: Still, I think we haven't really maxed out our car's potential yet. See what Izso can do to his previous car with his original engine. Now, that is respect. :adore:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

I thought front can be larger than rear as that is what I read at Option magazine when they talk about those Civic for track events.

Drag, front bigger is different, they go straight only......:biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

drag = grip is priority....treadwear and cornering is second to none.....

hoosier tyre was drag ballon radial tyre....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

ask King also will not ease the current situation, simply people has BETTER choice:
Lancer, Latio, Myvi, Kancil replacement etc. -->Proton's era is over.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience