very noob guy asking about audio here [SERIOUSLY]

angeldeservetosleep

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
heaven
www.myteamcity.com
Hey guys,
Now i'm driving a 12 yrs old car with speakers the same age.hehe.so i'm planning to upgrade the sound system but not planning to spent much as i'm not crazy over ICE,jus need better sound quality since i cant hear much when i go above 90km/h.
My budget?rm500 for speakers.There is no speakers for the door panels so i guess got to cut a hole.will i be able to get a component speakers for the front and 3way for the back with rm500?if yes what brand and where would u recommend me to go since i dont want to step into shops which looks down on ppl.Thanks
epsilon set can do... around RM400... cheap but worth getting...

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

bro im using soundstream PCC.6 6.5" and its a silk dome tweeter and its tajam also, wat to do ahh?
setting? new amp? what HU u use eh?? change new? hahahaha lotsa thing u can do actuali... see ur tweeter spec. if can, lower the frequency level... :)

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
i have a simple questions, how different does active and passive sounds like? my tweeter sound damn tajam, i went to few shops and all of them said soundstream tweeter memang tajam, so if i pasang trus to my head unit, wil it make any different or is it gonna sound like im running passive? please help me, its too tajam i cant drive sometimes. oh yeah and ive tuned my EQ as well still tajam.
few options for people with sharp tweeters....can try changing amp (look for italian), try changing speaker cable (look for full copper type), modifying their passive (add attenuation at the correct frequency), add a real EQ, (like audio control) and lastly, change tweeter la...

Hey guys,
My budget?rm500 for speakers.There is no speakers for the door panels so i guess got to cut a hole.will i be able to get a component speakers for the front and 3way for the back with rm500?if yes what brand and where would u recommend me to go since i dont want to step into shops which looks down on ppl.Thanks
500 will only get you cap ayam, suggest u save up to 700-800 and buy entry level SQ component set, forget about the rear speakers lah. after that start saving for an amp, build your SQ system bit by bit....

the last time i asked...they told me to get a good set of component speakers ....this is the most important part..if can get a 2 ch amp to power the component set.

and get a set of 6X9 speakers for the back.. this is for sound quality...
u were doing so well in the first sentence, then.....fumble, hehe

in SQ we dont recommend any rear speakers, unless its a really long car and u have rear passengers all the time, then ok la to add, just make sure faded more to the front. rear speakers will only disturn the front stage, however some good SQ cars do have rear speakers, but only used for rear fill, a bit of ambience, doesnt disturn the front stage if its soft enuff and plays the right frequencies.

mastaqalia

Mar 16, 2009
hello all!

im back in alor star, kedah for hari raya. still cuti for the whole week. i wonder if anyone knows any ICE shop in my area besides "kedai abang" and "kedai jimat kos"? tq 4 d info!

tq :love:

upontheriversky

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
ive bought epsilon 6.5" 2 way speakers from kklau for about rm400. not really satisfied so lau showed me his own built crossover, i replaced it for rm250 and wah lau every band of frequencies sounds softer at high volume. worth it and lau is a genius!we need more innovative malaysian like him who knows what it takes in SQ and actualy capable of building his own system. kklau is recommended to everyone!nice lad too

jay81

Apr 18, 2006
Guys,

Sorry to hijack the thread - I'm a noob as well when it comes to ICE. I just got myself a KENWOOD H.U. Now, I'm planning to upgrade the speakers.

My budget is rather limited (around RM600), and I would like to replace the rear & front speakers foremost. Most audio shops I went to are recommending component sets.

As my music preference is hard rock, quality has to be there. I'm looking at brands like DLS, Kickers.

Any suggestion guys? Would really appreciate some inputs from seniors here. Thanks...

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
if u get components, u will have to get amps next to run it. so if u plan to invest more money in the system, then components is the way to go, next will be the amp and sub. 600 only gets u one component set, nothing for the rear.

if youre budget is limited, just get 2 way coaxial speakers, 6.5 inch for the front doors, and 6x9 for the rear, will give u a bit of bass already.

of coz id recommend the front comps, amp and sub, rear speakers not necessary.

joequah

Sep 16, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hi sifuss need some help here.

Driving kancil with pioneer 1050e HU and 6 x 9 3way at rear.

What I like is the boom boom from the R&B.

So what should I add for KANCIL only ????

THese are the option :

1. Pioneer 4" 2way and tweeter , and a NET tube base ( 4" 2way SW , Edge woofer , 100watt max , 10 watt ras ) without amp

2. 6.5" Component set only

3. Your advise pls. Budget limited.

Thanks.

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
since you're only interested in the boom-boom part & on a tight budget, sell off your 6x9, buy a 10 inch sub in a small box for kancil, buy 2ch amp to power the sub.

simonlim

Apr 25, 2010
Perak
hi all sifus, im a newbie in ICE and have followed some threads about ICE here and there recently just to get more info which is essential before doing anything to my myvi. i wanted to upgrade but i have limited budget. im a musician myself so im pretty fussy as a newbie could be and i have understood that i cannot save on good SQ. as im still a student, so i planned to go step by step in the right way.

previously i have done something which is kinda stupid and money wasting. i bought 4" and 6" coaxial speakers for both the front dash and for the rear doors respectively which cost about RM350 a few months back. my dad had a waja, which its SQ became my benchmark when i started driving. he sold it and got himself a used camry, the SQ is poorer than a waja's. but im studying out from hometown already so i often drive the myvi so i think it would be better to install better sound system in the myvi rather than the camry.

other than the coaxial speakers, everything is stock. i started some surveys thru the internet and also met some shops for advises. im currently in Penang, i visited Beng Auto and also Golden Auto. as im a little fussy for SQ, i guess i could not save my budget to below RM4k after the surveys done. i plan to go for the right way by getting a decent newbie HU like JVC KD series which has normal features costing RM400+, Alpine Component Speakers for the front, an amplifier like RDS or used Gravity then finally a 10"(RM400+/Kicker) or 12"(RM700+/not sure) subwoofer.

i wish to get advises from all of u sifus whether such a setup is the right way and whether is it better than my benchmark. i also heard that the Golden Auto is a pretty good installer in my area and they are honest guys, can confirm ar? i normally listen to vocal songs and most of the time, i drive here and there in short distances, the ICE is my only companion other than my gf hahaha..im not those "boom-ing" goers, just enjoy music to the fullest possible..

Questions:
1) is the HU in my list acceptable to match the other stuff? i understand the RCA is important, but i dont know how to check whether the suggested HU is capable enough in every little term that i do not know..

2) the alpine component cost about RM700-800, did not jot down the model..or could i get anything better or near to equal with lower budget for this? with installation, it would exceed RM1k just for this..:bawling:

3) i was suggested to use a 4-channel amplifier, 2ch for the component speakers and the other 2ch to drive the subwoofer in the boot. is this the right way? are there any other kinds of amplifiers that suit me better or maybe i could not save on amps also?

4) i was told that a 10" woofer is enough in a myvi but a 12" will produce softer and longer bass, what do u sifus recommend? i think i personally enjoy softer ones, i dont like punching bass or loud ones.:confused:

5) i also heard that the current from the battery to the HU is not stable for stock setups. so adding a 16awg power cable from the batt to the HU would be necessary..any recommendations?

6) are grounding wires, voltage stabilizer really needed in ICE?

i was also suggested to get rid of the front 4" coaxial speakers and just let the components do their work then keep the 6" coaxial but power them directly from the HU and lower it's significance so that it does not kacau the better stuff working..how ar? in the beginning, my budget was RM1k and it gets me nothing but crap if i want all the stuff in the car. so i would have to work and save more during the coming long holidays:banghead:

all sifus, i need ur advise seriously and urgently, i cant stand the SQ in my car now..planning to get new HU by end of the week. that's the most i can afford by now, would proceed to the others in time..cant wait to graduate and start working already:driver: a million thanks in advance to all of u:adore::adore::adore:

Last edited:

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
no need to rush, just keep on saving

all u need is HU, 4ch amp, components and sub

in the mean time can try to sell off your coaxials

try up your HU budget bit more la, wont regret, maybe get a pioneer around 600

simonlim

Apr 25, 2010
Perak
no need to rush, just keep on saving

all u need is HU, 4ch amp, components and sub

in the mean time can try to sell off your coaxials

try up your HU budget bit more la, wont regret, maybe get a pioneer around 600
hi sifu zenn, i have read this thread completely from the start so i will take ur advise seriously..

i have advertised to sell the 4" coaxial but not the 6", do u suggest me to sell off the 6" also or just leave it there?

i saw a pioneer also, costing RM500+ but im not able to recognize and hence could not locate it in the net..would take ur advise for a pioneer. thanks zenn:adore:

simonlim

Apr 25, 2010
Perak
i searched for this in Golden Auto Penang just now:

Pioneer DEHP-4050UB Head Deck 2008 MODEL

Plays MP3 / WMA/ACC
MOSFET 50W x 4
USB adapter ready
iPod adapter ready
AUX-in
FM tuner & AM tuner
Wireless remote control
Direct Sub Drive
Advanced Sound Retriever
EEQ
3-band parametric equalizer
7-Way Rotary Commander
3 RCA pre-outs (front + rear + subwoofer) (HI VOLT)

the boss, mr yeoh, charges RM695 including installation, single DIN panel about RM110, so total RM805.

there were advertisements previously to promote the last stocks of this thing in this forum, asking for just RM655 by yohannes. but i think that's cash & carry without installation. is mr yeoh's price reasonable for an old model like this? it has the essential functions which i need and i managed to squeeze out my budget to RM800. what do u guys think?

mr yeoh said the things every year are almost the same, just that the latest units are equipped with maybe SD slot and the USB connection is upfront whereas the old model has no SD slot and the USB is another wire by the side or back. do u all think it's worth it?? seriously need to know, else i would just get it tomorrow morning..thanks!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Which would be a better choice as a 2nd hand car? The maintenance, comfort, stability, reliability, maintenance, handling. I previously owned a perdana v6 NA manual, mivec gearbox, spend around rm30k(1 year) on it and sadly it got stolen(a gps tracking system was planned to be installed 2 weeks after the day it got stolen), ive posted its details on the car crime safety thread, anyways back to topic. I am a six cylinder fan either inline or v6. I am also a nissan fan also. What would be a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience