Urgently need advice on haltech...

11000RPM

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Johor Bahru
Visit site
Dear bros,

My car has been in garage for 2 weeks but still can't troubleshoot what happened. I'm using haltech e6x, while driving slowly the car suddenly "pop" and have some black smoke. After that can't start at all. Can any sifu help me?
Thanks.

raja_emeperor

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
there is a lot of thing can happened bro, it can be your management kaput or something wrong with wiring or the engine it self.if your car still can crank, might be your engine still ok, so look for the wiring and the unit it self. u still need a specialize foreman to do this job.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
no one can help u here, none of us are infront of ur car, none of us are holding a tester to check ur car , could be 101 reasons for it to fail , if ur mech cant find it, jump to another mech lol

11000RPM

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Johor Bahru
Visit site
Thanks bros...

Just checked the engine, everything is ok. Tip top. Maybe like what raja said, the wiring and ecu. If ecu kaput can repair or have to buy new? Sigh...
Money money money again...

nan83

Known Member
Nov 14, 2004
Pasir Mas,Kel
ok bro.....

-plz check socket for ignitor(near the coil) ... coz the socket lock already broken.. maybe loose..

-check cas sensor socket, it loose.. but i already cable tie it....

-have you check all 4 plug give good firing..???? just buy the tester, can see haw long spark can jump... last check, can jump 2" with good fire....

-check o2 sensor wiring, the wiring already "potong sambung - not solder" coz of wiring not enough panjang to exaust.. maybe it short to body..

-check wiring for ignition coil & ignitor, coz of i install big intake... both item need to place at firewall( no space) .. the wiring oso potong sambung but solder.... maybe vibration can cause wire putus..

-check fuel ragulator have pressure or not while cranking...

-when on key, can hear fuel pump???? not hear... maybe socket prob, pump kong, pump relay kong ( relay below passenger dashboard) , it wiring oso potong sambung ( sambungan dkt pintu belakang belah kiri, bawah carpet) .. wanna take out fuel pump no need to take down tank, just open back seat, i already make hole to take the pump faster..

-check all vacuum host.. importantly for map sensor (firewall) & fuel ragulator...

-try tighten back ecu socket & map sensor & intake temp socket inside the glovebox....

-find a laptop, connect to haltech, from the you can see which sensor give the prob.... i can guide u from phone... while cranking, map should give vacuum reading, rpm give reading... but plz dun change other configuration if you not know..

- if wanna check wiring, just buy multimeter & trace from sensor to ecu socket.... oso check haltech hardness...

- haltech ecu can be open very easy... already see my foremen open kong e6k... check it got any burn chip....

-plz install 12v fan ( cpu fan) inside glovebox to cool down haltech if for long distance run non stop.... all electronic item run happily at cold temp.

-lub oil press lamp at meter also kong..... plz replace led or install oil press gauge...

plz study more bro to know each part of yr new car work.... nanti kena pow dgn pomen looo... huhuhuhu.... have $$ no prob lah.. plz take care the car... really miss it

Last edited:

RS gang

1,000 RPM
Feb 19, 2006
www.egoldmalaysia.com
nan83 :
i see...now i get it..
so u sold the car to JB guy ar (11000rpm)...
must watch out for this power car in JB...huhuhu..:driver:

p/s - i'm the guy who bought ur TB4g91 la last time...:itsme:

bro 11000rpm :
how's ur car now?already ok?
if u say got "pop" sound and hv black smoke come out...
try to troubleshoot yur fuel system..could be ur regulator or fuelpump..(ecu setup also
possible to contribute this kinda "pop" sound but i dun think so that u hv change the setting)
another thing is...try to check ur cam sensor...does it function well??might be intermitent problem with the sensor like mine on last time...

p/s - which workshop did u sent to for troubleshooting?:smokin:

11000RPM

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Johor Bahru
Visit site
Yo bro,

I've solved the problem. The setting lari sikit, hihihi...
I sent to Vazmaz -> HV Racing -> lastly... Torque Racing (10 minutes kaotim)

RS gang

1,000 RPM
Feb 19, 2006
www.egoldmalaysia.com
torque racing = ah chuan...one of good tuner...

so..can go for drag la after this at pasir gudang...hehehe:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

There are 3 types of LSD....

- 1 way
- 1.5 way
- 2 way

Currently Im using 1 way LSD only, launching the car from stand still is perfect. No more wheel spin no matter how much I floor the pedal. But 2nd gears tends to wheel spin a little (too much tork on a 2.2 engine). Overall cornering is superb can feel the grip of the tyres very well. While sliding the car, counter steering seems more responsive and easier to correct the slide.

:)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience