Upgrading My wira aeroback 1.3 engine

AIRA

Jan 26, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
thanks Steven, 4g91 DOHC it is huh :)
Let say if i want to change the engine can i still used my old wira dashboard or do i need to change to the mitsu one?

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Bro steven, how much do u think it cost to change all of those?

steven7810

mivec user
Oct 12, 2004
kuala lumpur
Hello... Bro Aira... The half cut price and installation you can check with those half cut shop..
Price should be around RM 4,000.00 not include the parts tat I mention early..
I can recommend you few shop in Kuala Lumpur... If you comfirm to convert..
Just transfer all the part from half cut to your beloved Proton Wira...
And keep the old dashboard in case the half cut dashboard got problem,if you planing to use back the anolog air condition( Normal Air Condition)..Because the digital air condition is rare
now day...

Ok... Good nite... From steven...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I was like u before. Was driving 1.3. I upgraded from carb to EFI. I changed the fuel delivery system. Got a slight gain in power and I got back the investment of fuel savings in a year's time. After that, I wanted to upgrade. I considered a few options. In conclusion, my choice is in the following order (considering fuel economy, power and maintenance):

4G92 MIVEC
4G92P (future BOT in mind)
4G91 (future BOT in mind)

Why MIVEC over the 4G91? The reason is because you are spending money anyways. 4G91 is not cheap and the MIVEC costs a little more only. Might as well go for the best.

AIRA

Jan 26, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
@Veloc

I've considered Mivec before, how does it feels when driving with Mivec engine? Is the FC is better than original 1.3 engine?

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

and the other thing, maintenance wise between mivec and 4g91 what is the difference?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Sorry, I've never tried. As you can see from my avatar, I've sold my wira in the end and bought toyota. What I listed is the options I have considered before based on cost, performance and maintenance. So just suggesting to you that since you are going to spend the money, just spend a little more to get a higher range.

P.S. - But I heard, the MIVEC will change your life :biggrin:

steven7810

mivec user
Oct 12, 2004
kuala lumpur
Bro Aira..... FC is depend on your foots... How you control the car..bro...
My FC in RM0.16 cents per kilometer in high way.. RM80 full tank.. Heading to PERAK.
In town around RM0.20 per kilometer.. Sometime kick in Mivec..
My car is Proton Iswara..

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

Bro go for Mivec ...... Got gang already... Ya..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Aira,

One word of caution. 4G13 gearbox is short ratio. Meaning if you plonk in a higher powered engine with your original gearbox, you'll have a considerably higher FC if you go on highways a lot since you'll most likely want to go fast all the time and with a short ratio gb, it'll be hell on FC.

Personally I think it's more economically viable to just get a 4G15. It's cheaper than the 4G91 these days and even though it's single cam, it doesn't mean it's weak. There's lesser parts to worry about and if correctly setup, it can be quite zippy. Have a look at the 4G1series thread somewhere in ZTH. There are a few monster 4G15s I've seen lurking around with over 110whp running on RON95.

Not that it's a lot, but my own 4G15 auto has 91whp and 109nm of torque. For an auto that's plenty. Dying to get a manual gb though. Wanna sell me yours? :biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
if your budget less than 5k..then there's plenty budget performance parts for you to install and notice the power increased....u can consult iszo on this....furthermore vdo ecu is intelligent type so minor mods wouldn't hurt the tuning since the ecu would learn itself of the new mods...

but if got budget i would bot the engine...low pressure would be enough..since it was daily ride,torque improvement was the priority.... :adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear bros...

Yesterday I've swapped my rims to waja first edition rims.....after balancing and alignment and also adding a spacer for the rear wheel because it seem the offset is to inside kena absober.....so after that when i drive....nice but once i apply brake...i can feel vibration from the brake......why ar?? is it the rear spacer make it like that ar...previously....using 8holes rims also no problem like that and with spacer at the front summore....sigh....anyone installed waja rims...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience