Help....Vibrate when apply brake....

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
Dear bros...

Yesterday I've swapped my rims to waja first edition rims.....after balancing and alignment and also adding a spacer for the rear wheel because it seem the offset is to inside kena absober.....so after that when i drive....nice but once i apply brake...i can feel vibration from the brake......why ar?? is it the rear spacer make it like that ar...previously....using 8holes rims also no problem like that and with spacer at the front summore....sigh....anyone installed waja rims please advice me....

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
sorry forgot to mentioned i skimmed my disc last april....change brake pads, change brake oil too....so fast disc warp wan meh....previously using my other 15" 8 holes rims also no problem...now after change to waja rims like taht liao....

gagek7

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
seremban/tambun
maybe something wrong during installation of the rims.
try reinstall the rim and spacer.you might want to do it yourself so that u can see what the real problem is.or bring to your friends workshop and ask for advice from him.

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
thats why la.....people put this rims also no problem.....when i finally got a hold on this rims then kena like that....damn sad la....people said if spacer infront high speed sure vibrate but me previously ok....now...like that....

Coltrain

Known Member
Oct 16, 2005
it seem that ur problem happen when u install the new rims and the spacer...
so the problem probably from there....try go check it out....
and check the disc rotar it mayb the problem too..

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
thanks so far for the advice given...hope is nothing serious...damn pokai liao....sigh....

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
well...guess what...tyre man said best is to try with stock rims 13 inch and see are there still vibration if that means...need to skim again....he feel the rims are ok...very seldom rims affect the brake like that....well...have to do taht la...

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
when to workshop to test..said probably my disc bengkok...i was like how can it bengkok like that..so far with previous rims and spacer in the front also nothing and last april did brake service and skim the disc too....mechanic only way is to test it with my previous 13in rims both on the front....just to make sure whether is the rims problem....tested still vibrate...so no choice....best is to re-skim it again...so did it and tried...shit no luck still the same...so he tried another method is to jack the car up so only the front wheel spin on air.....engage gear and drive....test the brake.....said dont have the vibration so he said probably the rear wheel hub....i was like wah wheel hub such a big metal thing still can bengkok....so his boss said try to drive at 80kmh...then slowly pull up the hand brake....see got vibration....then confirm...handbrake also vibrate....damn sad man....funny thing is with my previous rims none of this occur....said need to reskim the rear wheel hub....that would cost RM80...spent RM70 for the front liao.....but this time i gonna do a test to confirm that....because something tell me is the spacer that may cause the vibration....how am i going to achieve that is to put another set of wheels for the rear and drive to test....brake and handbrake....then only know what is the real problem....man...damn sad man this 2 days driving my car....like is hopeless.......cockup iswara man....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Heard of the Race of Champions? It’s a ‘super driver’ race, here’s how it basically works: take the best drivers in the world and have them go all out against each other on equal grounds. Drivers from Formula 1,
DTM,WRC and more go head to head in the same cars and on the same track. Sounds like a drama filled event, and this year’s event definitely was.

Seven times world F1 champion failed to live up to his...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience