Upgrading 4G93T Need advice

Henrey

Known Member
Sep 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hello all, I'm currently using a GSR Turbo with TD05H E3 turbo. Using E-Manage blue for tuning and running at 1.1 boost. I'm using E3 fuel injectors 510cc. Blitz boost controller.

I thougt of upgrading to higher topspeed. Curently I'm getting 210kh/h @ 7,000 rpm on stock GSR gear box. What's all the sifu's advice on this? Should I go for E3 gearbox? Or E1..E2 gearbox? Or just chg final gear ratio and add LSD?

What's the recommended boost? If I boost 1.5 bar, should I change the pistons and conrod...etc? What's the best brand to rojak it?

I'm using E3 2 pot front brakes and E3 single pot rear brakes. With bentax titanium king brake pads. But I feel it dosen't have enough brake power... What should I do? Change better brake pads? Or 4 pot?

:hmmmm:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
change your final drive ratio....since u was already on the very edge of rev-cut..

Henrey

Known Member
Sep 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks pomen GTR, what would you recommend on the final gear? I'm newbie at this gear box thing!

thanks again

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
change double layer brake servo and put all steel braided brake hose, help a lot

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Thanks pomen GTR, what would you recommend on the final gear? I'm newbie at this gear box thing!

thanks again

not so sure....the easiest way maybe u can use evo GB....normally final drive ratio on market was close ratio (for quick acceleration)...maybe its hard to find ratio for topspeed....

change double layer brake servo and put all steel braided brake hose, help a lot
-yeah..safety always come first....(add also a "subtle" rollcage) <<design so jpj wouldn't see from outside of the car.... :driver:

Henrey

Known Member
Sep 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks sifu's! double layer brake servos... Is this expensive?

Can my pistons..etc with stand 1.5bar boost? Or 1.3?

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
better change it, coz afraid it cant withstand higher boost, stock gsr if not wrong only boost till 0.7....... u tune to boost higher is still ok, but not over, if u don wan change piston, just go for thicker metal gasket, for my car , i use supercharged piston so this is not a big issue for me, but i m downgrading to n/a soon... many turbo stuff to let go too :biggrin: anyway, happy modding turbo .......

the servo is not that expensive,around 200++ i get it if not wrong.... servo is still not enough,go for good pad too, modding car is not only concern about how fast u can go but also how fast u can stop too.... steel braided brake hose can be the last option if u are out of budget, but it will causes brake fade during emergency brake as the rubber hose will expand to side when high pressure applied while steel braided wont...

and bro, how is ur fc?? my mivec turbo only get 7km/L :bawling:

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

and also bro, get 4 disc brake before u changing those servo or hoses, if can do it together, if u already have it just forget what i say here coz i afraid u will think like me, last time when i just transplant the monster, i bought a 4 pot moded for wira and plan to leave 4 pot front and rear using drum :stupid: then the 4 pot just leave there for spider web after i get know the effect putting in 4 disc brake

Henrey

Known Member
Sep 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks peterj, I have 4 disc brakes. Because it comes together with my 1.8 body. The front I have change to Evo 3 double pot. I'm using bentax titanium brake pads and feels it can't stop in time. And have to brake few times....

What type of brake pads should I use?

Recently I just blow my engine because of a faulty oil pump. My mechanic change a NA block and modified it. He add oil squiter. I dunno can tahan or not this block..

If I do change super charge pistons, do I need to change the conrods, crank....etc?

How much is the Evo3 final gear ratio cost? Is it hard to get? What about LSD?

Thanks for the advice.

Henrey

Known Member
Sep 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I get 200 to 230 KM with RM50. Now should be lower because Shell Ron97 just increase price!

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Thanks peterj, I have 4 disc brakes. Because it comes together with my 1.8 body. The front I have change to Evo 3 double pot. I'm using bentax titanium brake pads and feels it can't stop in time. And have to brake few times....

What type of brake pads should I use?

Recently I just blow my engine because of a faulty oil pump. My mechanic change a NA block and modified it. He add oil squiter. I dunno can tahan or not this block..

If I do change super charge pistons, do I need to change the conrods, crank....etc?

How much is the Evo3 final gear ratio cost? Is it hard to get? What about LSD?

Thanks for the advice.

N/A block with modded squiter should do its job equals to ori gsr-T block...unless the squirter was installed with bad workmanship....

-i don't think u should increase the boost again..just maintain current setup..otherwise u need to overhaul your engine again and change the internal parts....1.3bar was on the very limit of stock internal....1bar was spot-on...(including tuning)

-since u need brake upgrade why not u grab peterj's 4pot....peter instead of become spider web then sell to him leh... :driver: :burnout:

Henrey

Known Member
Sep 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
mivec head bro....
Umm....:idea: Do I need much modification if chg to mivec head?

So far, I'm gonna do that brake servo, steel braided brake hose, Evo3 final gear.

One more very important issue I face. OVER HEATING!! I can never reach Genting or Kuantan....

How do you solve this problem? Oil cooler? Alluminum radiator?

Thanks guys! You guys are great!:adore:

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Umm....:idea: Do I need much modification if chg to mivec head?

So far, I'm gonna do that brake servo, steel braided brake hose, Evo3 final gear.

One more very important issue I face. OVER HEATING!! I can never reach Genting or Kuantan....

How do you solve this problem? Oil cooler? Alluminum radiator?

Thanks guys! You guys are great!:adore:
u already list it out right bro?:proud:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
i put 1 pajero oil cooler and drive 100km/h - 120km/h without problem, water temp not more then 100...... mivec head is a bit hard to find with low price,same as the lsd also........ but after u fit in, it could be a monster like mine :burnout: but i m downgrading soon.... piston u should change together with conrod since the conrod also is lower n high to lower cp..... get a lsd 1st, dun care about the final ratio 1st, if can get a mivec gear box with lsd, the gear ratio is better then gsr........ more close ratio for good acceleration, gear ratio isn't a easy pnp job, it need to be carefully and consider suitability when put in, otherwise will like my fren's drag car, after put in testing, gear sudden jammed, after recover, during race day, after adjust clutch, gear cant go in :driver:

Henrey

Known Member
Sep 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
peterj thanks, I'll try to find a oil cooler and change that radiator to alluminum ones. Is Jasma Aluminum radiator recommendable? The rest seems expensive!
I've been seaching for LSD a loong time. But did found one Evo1 gearbox that comes with after market LSD. But everyone says GSR have better gearbox ratio. I think I'll countinue to search for LSD and and Evo3 final gear ratio. Someone quot me RM650 for final gear ratio...dunno it's expensive or not...
If a new LSD from Kaaz is recommendable? Any sugestions?

Thanks all the sifu's !

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

Currently im using GAB HA Hi-Lo suspension. The spring rate i'm using right now is front 5k rear 4k.

It seems very hard on humps and bumps. Wonder if any TITAN spring can into my absorber?
i want it to be a bit softer than what i having now.

Thx.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience