Unser with 1G engine, anyone done this before?

stormlcc

500 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.beastarkaraoke.com.my
my friend is planning to buy an Unser next year, and due to the fact that the original 1.8 engine is a fuel guzzler and very underpowered for a car of this size, he is planning to change the engine, maybe a 1G supercharge or turbocharge....has anyone here done this conversion before? any problems with it? he's not going for 1JZ because this car is used for daily driving and it's function is a family car, so no need so much power, and partly because of the road tax is too expensive. please share your views and comments, thank you

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
unser with 1J-GTE ... hellaluyah ... please give way ... hehehe

1G-GZE pun not bad ... just a bit old and tired lor ...

stormlcc

500 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.beastarkaraoke.com.my
yeah, 1G is a bit old and a fuel guzzler, but it's not bad a choice lah, it's damn cheap nowadays, and it has enough power to really move the car........somemore this Unser is used for going up Genting (the guy works there), so I think supercharge is the way to go!!! with proper setting and tuning, the FC will be similar to the 1.8 original engine from the Unser, but will have double the HP

something to take note here, my father is driving a first generation Unser, I used it to drive from Ipoh to Genting, I used RM70 fuel for that trip alone, and the car only has around 50,000km mileage!!!

my A31 with RB20det only uses RM35 for this kind of trip!!! that's half the petrol price paid and 1/3 the time needed to reach the destination comparing to the Unser!!!

Last edited:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I am a newbie in this car world so need a little help please..Recently i changed to a sport spring..After changing it i noticed the gap of my front tyres are different, one is lower, one is higher..Why does this happen ek..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience