Unknown thing in my engine bay, pls help>.<

dreamsquall

Known Member
Aug 9, 2007
i've just got my car(wira a/b 1.8) few days ago from used car dealer.
while i'm changing my front light bulbs, i notice something strange in my engine bay.
can anyone help me to identify this item with its function or usage?

yellow line, a cable link with throttle cable

blue line a tube hose linked to another unknown item bolted to the body

thank you for any hints or help:adore:

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
cruise control maybe

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Its the cruise control

I chucked it out of my car the day I got it. Its a manual car why the hell would i need this auto cruise thingy. Besides...Its only useful for long journeys.

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
yup cruise control.....hehee...

dreamsquall

Known Member
Aug 9, 2007
lolz so if i take it out, it wont do any harm on me, right?
i'm using manual also
lolz

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
lol.. its kinda ... pointless for manual tranny to use cruise control.. its like a partial cruise control, u'll still need to take control of it when u slow down, like needing to downshift, or upshift.. hmmmmmm.

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
dreamsquall,

is your cruise control function working?
if it is still working and if u wanna take it out rite, can sell to me cheap cheap arr
i am driving auto
ahaha
putra auto without cruise control very hard to maintain slow speed
always tertekan lebih

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
dreamsquall,
I would suggest you keep the cruise control and not remove it. I'm driving a satria 1.6L year 1995 manual tranny and it comes with cruise control. While I respect some other's decision that it's useless on a manual tranny, I in particular found it handy. Of course, it's a basic cruise control that helps keep you going at a constant speed when going outstation, while your feet is lifted away from the accelerator. My cruise control cable was broken when I got the car but I manage to fix it back while my mech was servicing my car one day. And now, it works again.

There should be another lever somewhere behind your steering wheel. There should be a word "SET" on it. It's quite fun to use when going outstation. Just drive at the speed that you want, then push the switch to "ON". Then, press "SET" and it will lock the speed at your desired speed. When you press the brake, it will disable the cruise control automatically. When you're ready to use it again, just push the switch to "RESUME" and it will accelerate and go back to the speed that you set earlier on.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Actually cruise control is very good.. dun take it out.. u will regret when u at H'way...Mine have no choice to take it out coz kong liao...

The last picture is petrol smell filter, take out..huhu.. later cry man..

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
mag,
May I ask how did your auto cruise kong? Mine was not working till I found out that the cable that pulls the throttle was broken. I fixed it up and it was working again. hehe

dreamsquall

Known Member
Aug 9, 2007
ya the cable kong liao
i'll take it to mech and repair see it work or not haha
thx for advice man

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
mag,
May I ask how did your auto cruise kong? Mine was not working till I found out that the cable that pulls the throttle was broken. I fixed it up and it was working again. hehe
Mine arh...wiring all ok but the control tube kong.. not functioning at all..
So.. no use liao.. so, i take out.. reduce weight ma.. can safe some petrol..hehehe...
My Wira FC really sucks one...Plan to change engine liao.. but not that fast la.. maybe mid next year..hehe...

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
mag,
aiyo.. how much weight can you save from those little items ler. hahaha Your car is 450bhp, take out those thing also won't make any difference ler. hehehe Don't worry about your wira's fc. Mine is pretty much shit also and that's why I don't bother saving fuel. Just red line my rpm every time I drive la. hahaha

dreamsquall,
Would you be able to take a photo of your broken cable? I'd like to take a look. Maybe, just maybe, you would be able to fix it yourself. Or if you're around PJ, I could take a look for you. hehehe

dreamsquall

Known Member
Aug 9, 2007
lolz, if about wira fc, try change to 1.6 or 1.8 engine maybe with 2.0 diesel gearbox
sure will help in reducing f/c:biggrin:
location of throttle and the auto cruise thingy

broken cable from auto cruise, which is connected to main throttle cable
dunno able to fix it by myself or not
looking forward for ur advise, satria95^^

by the way i;m staying in kepong area lolz

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

brothers..

in need of help..sifus...i wan to install a piggyback...e-manage probably...wanna remove the limiter...one thing i wanna ask..can a 4G18 internals withstand/tahan the high revving..cos now..i noticed the rev cut is at bout 4k++...

thnx guys
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience