Known Member
Mar 13, 2009
nevermind....got problems with suspension liao...sigh
(creating a separate thread)

Last edited:

well3

well3

Jan 6, 2009
used ultra racing bar on my ride... other than it visually nice... it does improved my cornering..

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
dude, the front 3 point, rear 3 point, and fender bars were the best bang-for-buck mod ive ever done to my car

difference was like night and day

u get a much more solid feeling, the chassis acts more like one solid piece, better road-holding, and is much more stable at higher speeds

only downside is that u will feel it small bumps, holes on the road more than b4

just my opinion, id say chassis stiffening is first before coilovers, springs, absorbers...

otherwise the full potential from the coilovers wont be fully realised when the body is twisting and flexing

Cheers!

ham_m2

500 RPM

ham_m2

500 RPM
Feb 9, 2007
Klang/KL
www.friendster.com
dude, the front 3 point, rear 3 point, and fender bars were the best bang-for-buck mod ive ever done to my car

difference was like night and day

u get a much more solid feeling, the chassis acts more like one solid piece, better road-holding, and is much more stable at higher speeds

only downside is that u will feel it small bumps, holes on the road more than b4

just my opinion, id say chassis stiffening is first before coilovers, springs, absorbers...

otherwise the full potential from the coilovers wont be fully realised when the body is twisting and flexing

Cheers!
yeap...i agree with u...
it can tackle sharp corner very good...

martian

martian

Apr 26, 2008
It somehow protect you in case(touch wood) you're involve in an accident , if you happen to read march's issue of hypertune you'll see what i'm talking bout

JackWaiKit

Known Member

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
UR s.bar couldn't give u long life span of suspension...
infact it's just for stability of ur corner!

Nor mally cornering just categotize by 2:
in corner
out corner
If u have a better in corner settin(sometime life drift or current notmal car; soft), ur out corner would be slower...
harden spring & asb will give u out corner resp. but don't forget bout in corner nedd slower speed...

Stabilizer bar a part to control ur steering resp. especially after finish cornering, ur steering will faster to return to the home/straight position.

Some stabilizer bar can also adj the hardness like Cusco!

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
UR s.bar couldn't give u long life span of suspension...
infact it's just for stability of ur corner!

Nor mally cornering just categotize by 2:
in corner
out corner
If u have a better in corner settin(sometime life drift or current notmal car; soft), ur out corner would be slower...
harden spring & asb will give u out corner resp. but don't forget bout in corner nedd slower speed...

Stabilizer bar a part to control ur steering resp. especially after finish cornering, ur steering will faster to return to the home/straight position.

Some stabilizer bar can also adj the hardness like Cusco!
so u r saying that it is better to have more body roll during corner entry? how come? curious

sphiroth

Known Member

sphiroth

Known Member
Apr 22, 2005
One downside is that the 3 point front strut bar making it harder for me to re-oil my air filter (need to take it out 1st).

JackWaiKit

Known Member

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
sorry...maybe my language not as that good...

No but another way round!!!
More roll or stability will have better for corner out but not in!

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
sorry...maybe my language not as that good...

No but another way round!!!
More roll or stability will have better for corner out but not in!
boss, body roll means more 'instability' not stability

just wondering how come with more 'instability' u can have better corner entry

ariolz

Known Member

ariolz

Known Member
Jan 7, 2009
for me i can feel that i have more control of my car

NA_Lover

Known Member

NA_Lover

Known Member
Jul 19, 2008
I'm actually planning to use UR sway bars as well.
It seems that the response from everyone seems to be quite encouraging.
Might be a sound investment for my tired corona chassis!
Next months salary then! haha..

fct

Known Member

fct

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
kluang,jb,spore
i feel the car more rigid after install the 4 point brace bar at the rear of my ride.
anyway i think depend on what kind of handling people r looking 4.
not say install all bar are good to a car.
sometime it will become more hard to drive/handling with too much 'reinforced'

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
for me,the stiffer the chassis,the better the car handle.the feed back from the steering to the
driver is also improve.try and pick what u think is necessary for your need.

JackWaiKit

Known Member

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
boss, body roll means more 'instability' not stability

just wondering how come with more 'instability' u can have better corner entry
sorry dude...

Well i mean if there is combination with adj absorber, harder spring rate & rigidity
ur handling response will understeer...
isn't it?

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
from what i noe la...most track cars have super kaw hard spring rates, and roll cages for rigidity

oh well...not a racer so i donno haha

daremo

Known Member

daremo

Known Member
Mar 13, 2009
my major problem is, i dunno WHAT to change/mod/add-on to improve my car's handling. i dunno much about cars. maybe put into scenario and question...
1. going into a corner, the car feel like going to flip-over due to the weight. already once or twice i hear the rear wheel(tyre?) skid in middle of a corner (its a long corner) so i quickly release gas pedal
2. question on chassis rigidity... they always say car chassis flex when taking corners, will the body flex back into normal position after we finish the corner?

JackWaiKit

Known Member

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
ur rigidity won't cause much unless hi speed handling!!!

Change to sport spring 1st!!!
If still unstatisfy then change to adj...
Use 15 or 16" rims with flat surface tyres (my-o1, Yokohama, Advan neova) bu shorter life span!!!

But stiff car aren' comfort!!!

daremo

Known Member

daremo

Known Member
Mar 13, 2009
ur rigidity won't cause much unless hi speed handling!!!

Change to sport spring 1st!!!
If still unstatisfy then change to adj...
Use 15 or 16" rims with flat surface tyres (my-o1, Yokohama, Advan neova) bu shorter life span!!!

But stiff car aren' comfort!!!
yes yes, the tyres i already decided to change to 15" rims with proper tyres as soon as the current ones wear out :proud: (already feel so happy) but regarding sport springs hor, this part i need to compromise la... not that i dont like low-riding, stiff suspensions, BUT... the place i live, the roads very rough and some parts got rough bumps (rough, uneven road conditions eventhough is made of tar) so i shun the idea of too hard suspensions, else my dashboard will rattle even worse (now already rattle rattle). i love my wira so i intend to keep it for as long as i could, even when the roads no more wira! (ka pui) :driver:

i've read in forums about this A-Fuji gas absorbers, how are they? heard gas is harder/stiff than normal oil ones, so will this help improve handling even a bit, if i keep stock springs? mine is 1.5

JackWaiKit

Known Member

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
no idea with that A-Fuji!!!
Gas is stiffer than hydraulic...but well maintenance & longer life span mah!!!

What's ur budget?
Can consider GAB sport asb!?!?
But definately a bit stiffer!!!

Need some exp. guy to advice the combination...
Hafiz4G91 is using mixed with honda spring...ucan ask him geh!!!

civic EdGe

Known Member

civic EdGe

Known Member
Jul 27, 2006
Adjustables are good in performance but will make ur interior rattle more....
Maybe you should consider stiffer sport springs, and maybe aftermarket absorbers....
Lower profile tires help a little in cornerings, too....
But, since you have the ability to drive till feel like the car wanna flip over and skid in long corners, i doubt that sport springs' performance will satisfy you....:biggrin:

joexxo

joexxo

Sep 10, 2005
cheras
bro,
try this.... put in rm20.00 fuel then pay rm5.00 gombak toll then u speed to bentung toll. gombak toll to terowong speed should not less than 120kmh after terowong try to maintain 130kmh till toll karak. then make a u-turn n come back to gombak. i've done this every month for the past 3 - 4 months ago. my ride is se limited with gab adjustable (rm1750.00-4yrs old) making my ride is standing 1 1/2 over the tyre at the arch. then im using ur racing on the fender, 3 point front bar and 2 point absorber bar left to right. rim 15/6.5/195 bridgestones my01. if u can do this with stock then u no need to put anything else to ur ride. if not fender bar rm180.00, front bar rm150.00, bonet bar which hold the tyre arch rm150.00 and if possible room middle bar rm150.00-

then u do the trip again. feel the difference eventhough u might get rm300.00 speedtrap fine summons near the kg orang asli after the jambatan timbang jpj, at the 3rd corner after the terowong towards bentung and right after the 11th corner after terowong towards bentung. oh ya another one after bentung toll after the 2nd corner.

(mungkin ada yg akan kata me cakap besar but karak highway is the best area to test ur ride and i really do this every month as my kg is temerloh.)

p/s : but becareful at the corner near junction to institut aminudin baki towards bentung and the other side towards gombak too. this corner is a bit weird.

JackWaiKit

Known Member

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
bro,
try this.... put in rm20.00 fuel then pay rm5.00 gombak toll then u speed to bentung toll. gombak toll to terowong speed should not less than 120kmh after terowong try to maintain 130kmh till toll karak. then make a u-turn n come back to gombak. i've done this every month for the past 3 - 4 months ago. my ride is se limited with gab adjustable (rm1750.00-4yrs old) making my ride is standing 1 1/2 over the tyre at the arch. then im using ur racing on the fender, 3 point front bar and 2 point absorber bar left to right. rim 15/6.5/195 bridgestones my01. if u can do this with stock then u no need to put anything else to ur ride. if not fender bar rm180.00, front bar rm150.00, bonet bar which hold the tyre arch rm150.00 and if possible room middle bar rm150.00-

then u do the trip again. feel the difference eventhough u might get rm300.00 speedtrap fine summons near the kg orang asli after the jambatan timbang jpj, at the 3rd corner after the terowong towards bentung and right after the 11th corner after terowong towards bentung. oh ya another one after bentung toll after the 2nd corner.

(mungkin ada yg akan kata me cakap besar but karak highway is the best area to test ur ride and i really do this every month as my kg is temerloh.)

p/s : but becareful at the corner near junction to institut aminudin baki towards bentung and the other side towards gombak too. this corner is a bit weird.
U should have better feel if u r using AD07!?!

daremo

Known Member

daremo

Known Member
Mar 13, 2009
Adjustables are good in performance but will make ur interior rattle more....
Maybe you should consider stiffer sport springs, and maybe aftermarket absorbers....
Lower profile tires help a little in cornerings, too....
But, since you have the ability to drive till feel like the car wanna flip over and skid in long corners, i doubt that sport springs' performance will satisfy you....:biggrin:
i dont think i drive very fast la, but i guess the body wanna rollover and tyre skid is because... my car is 100% stock? some more, my tyres are continental brand, i think this one grip like kinda bad, always skid skid.

Bump:
bro,

i'm not from that area, from melaka...so might be problematic if i wanna try that road :banghead: but even if i can try, i dont think i dare to make U-turn at anything more than 100kph! i think my car sure flip over like turtle??? my rear starts to "jump jump" road at about 90kph corners. if i keep 85kph usually can make it but depend on road slanting up or down lor... anyway, after reading more online, i think i sud install anti-roll-bar at the REAR first. coz i dont have lots of money. UR one already RM380... :adore:

Last edited:

JackWaiKit

Known Member

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
i dont think i drive very fast la, but i guess the body wanna rollover and tyre skid is because... my car is 100% stock? some more, my tyres are continental brand, i think this one grip like kinda bad, always skid skid.

Bump:

i'm not from that area, from melaka...so might be problematic if i wanna try that road :banghead: but even if i can try, i dont think i dare to make U-turn at anything more than 100kph! i think my car sure flip over like turtle??? my rear starts to "jump jump" road at about 90kph corners. if i keep 85kph usually can make it but depend on road slanting up or down lor... anyway, after reading more online, i think i sud install anti-roll-bar at the REAR first. coz i dont have lots of money. UR one already RM380... :adore:
Why not front 1st?

Sport spring should enogh for ur ride!
If u r not intend to perform hi speed especially Genting up/down hill road!!!
;)

Good luck!!!

daremo

Known Member

daremo

Known Member
Mar 13, 2009
Why not front 1st?

Sport spring should enogh for ur ride!
If u r not intend to perform hi speed especially Genting up/down hill road!!!
;)

Good luck!!!
ARB for the front is better than rear? i thought ARB usually for rear, OMG i think got lots to learn from all of u :adore:

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
The stiffer the front of a car is = More understeer at the Start of the turn, but more stable
The stiffer the rear of a car is = More oversteer/responsiveness at the start of the turn but less stable :biggrin:

Just my 2 cents, correct me if im wrong...

AXXeLL

1,500 RPM

AXXeLL

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Subang
Visit site
cool thread,

i got a quick question... does your car tend to make alot of squiking sound with 4 point struts and 4 point lower bar (below the engine)?

cos i didnt feel much after installing the 4 point UR struts... but once i install the cusco 4 point lower bar, right after driving out the workshop my car tend to make alot of noise, squiking everywhere, everytime i go on the hump, take the corner... some friends say cos the body tends to flex, but due to the bars it holds rigid, so it squiks... i dono if my hi-low is leaking or what...

advice pls...

tigger5251

Known Member

tigger5251

Known Member
Sep 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
actually, all types of chassis has their maximum limits, a driver should push the car to the max in an open area, understands how the car reacts. then keep trying n adapt the most suitable way to drive the car. after numerous attempt, finally rectifying the car's weakness (eg: under, over, fishtailing, unpredictable out of the corner pull, etc)

then only comes to adding bars to correct the problem. it could be problem with the absorbers' rate, it maybe need harder springs, or u need LSD to pull urself out of the corner perfectly. then sellecting he correct size of rims and tyres.

LASTLY, only that u add bars. thats the proper way of tuning a car handling. simply adding bars only gives u more rigid feeling, its not 100% helping your handling.

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
But if the chassis is flexing, the suspension tuning isnt going to be accurate right?

Like if the strut mounts on top flex due to the stiffness of the suspension... Suspension tuning is so confusing :hmmmm2:

tigger5251

Known Member

tigger5251

Known Member
Sep 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
if your chassis DONT flex, can crack lor.....hehe.....anyway what i shared is proper way la. u can always straight away bolt on strut bars and see what happens.

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
bcoz our is street legal car...we can onli add strut bar to make the chassis stronger...those track car spot welded and full roll cage bar is even stronger needless 2 say...the stiffer the chasis,the more feedback u get from steering...jap gt car like to make their car floor pan as stiff as possible bcoz of tis
spoon boss also praises honda city/jazz chassis bcoz it come wit very stiff floor pan,double layer construction and 3d design of the main frame
chassis crack is due to body flex

FVel

500 RPM

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Look at all the 'Sifus' having a go at each other, but who really is the real Wong Fei Hung ? LOL

tigger5251

Known Member

tigger5251

Known Member
Sep 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
even ferrari flexs, fiat coupe flexs, and alot car meant to flex. u can ask a guy called canken, what happened to his putra over-stiffened with strutbars.

JackWaiKit

Known Member

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
I would only can say...Anti-roll cage is more significant in terms of stability...
Normal stabilizer bar aren't that big difference...
But u may safer when accident...Haha!!!

basis

basis

Aug 8, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Guy
I had UR bar, front top bar and back bar install in my 2 car, Myvi and Matrix, It make hell of difference in handling term. Myvi corner kuchai lama to NPE tool at 100KM stable , before 80KM skid like hell. No more , same as matrix, used to be 100KM now 140KM still stable.

Bad thing, whole car stiffen can feel the yellow line infront of the sunway entry.

But no regret ..:driver::rofl:

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
oh well...from what ive seen...manufacturers are always making their newer chassis stiffer than the previous gen, like in the case of the silvias, or evos etc. etc.

it is interesting, ive stripped an s15s rear end and u can see various brackets at the pillars etc. etc. which from what ive read online, were absent from the previous s14; supposedly to increase chassis rigidity

picture this....ure driving with huge, fat sticky slicks all round, big-ass stroked 8xx hp 4g63, (if not mistaken, it is the norris development one) imagine what wud happen if the chassis was allowed to flex

im not sure though whether there would be a particular point where u have "stiffened" a chassis too much, can anyone who have experienced this please share?

oh well, stiffening bars have been made since the dawn of time, used, tested, praised and i guess it is safe to say that the bars on the market will do it just fine; we have not even started talking about roll-cages here

tigger5251, ur hostile attitude towards sky (plus some other postings/comments by other forummers) have led me to believe that

KENDRICK IS BACK!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

AXXeLL

1,500 RPM

AXXeLL

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Subang
Visit site
even ferrari flexs, fiat coupe flexs, and alot car meant to flex. u can ask a guy called canken, what happened to his putra over-stiffened with strutbars.
Hi tigger5251
Could u feel free to clarify what actually happened to your friend here after over-stiffen the car?

TimLang

Known Member

TimLang

Known Member
Jun 15, 2006
I have one questions here. Im driving satria 1.3. Planning to buy anti-roll bar, is it just plug and play for this stuff? :hmmmm: