u feel like this o not?

gto_yap

Known Member
Jul 31, 2004
Visit site
i'm driving corolla SE,

everytimes when i close the door, i get shock by electric from the door.

but very light only. like the sound of the Fly killing bat.

Does anyone experience this? Why ar..?

silvertop

Known Member
Mar 19, 2004
i do have this problem, but to date i have not found any answer for it.

if u do pls let me know.....

sometime its pass tru my jeans also when i get down and touch the body of my car.....

Ma-Q

Known Member
Apr 6, 2004
just my 2cents... but do u work/live in a place with carpets? i use to get tat n it was caused by the friction build up from walking on carpets. like when u walk around on the carpet long enough n u hold on to something with metal, u get tat shock. Use to get tat in my benz, till the mats were changed to normal mats, not the stock carpet kind of mats. i might be pissing in the wind here, but tat's how i solved tat problem of mine . :huh:

bettergrip

Known Member
Mar 2, 2005
did you do any do any modification to the car recently? very often unprofessional and cheap repair/kedai bikin don't do the wiring jobs properly. they just anyhow join wire and balut with the black tape.

if the current is leaking... can be very dangerous. this is how cars can burn... because all the wiring all not done properly.

I am not an expert on these issues... but from what I have read... and from things I've seen... this doesn't sound good.

whiteprince

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2005
KL
Visit site
eh!!!!!!!

mine also the same!
when i get down from the car....got shocked a while from the door

why like that wan.....last time dun have......i got this last month....before that dun have

silvertop

Known Member
Mar 19, 2004
maybe its time to get those earth cable .... i also get it last two months..

dun knoe y ler??

artnet

1,500 RPM
Jan 19, 2004
Sarawak
www.cardomain.com
:huh: isn't it just the aircond cold air caused it?

the air molecule having friction with u and produce negative charge in ur body.... when u touch something metal.. it transmit all the charge to it.

or ur clothes or ur seat cover... some material will produce electric charge when being constant rubbing...

KE2020

Known Member
Dec 12, 2003
Visit site
Have u notice that it only happen when outside temp is very hot. It is because of negative charge in youur body la. Not by any wire of your car, relax dude. That's why in cold climate country, many cars has one wire touching the ground so as to discharge it.

silvertop

Known Member
Mar 19, 2004
tauhu tauhu, i knoe its nothing serious but then its feel uneasy and kind
strange feeling when u about to get out of the car, dun knoe where its gonna struck u, somethime its got sound summore hahahaahaha.....

but dunno whether install the earth cable will help? anyone try b4?

simonchangwaimun

1,500 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
Cheras
teamshadowrider.multiply.com
yea..try doing grounding..it claims to help

-e f i n i-

Known Member
Dec 6, 2004
Kuching
Visit site
Originally posted by artnet@Mar 9 2005, 22:43
:huh: isn't it just the aircond cold air caused it?

the air molecule having friction with u and produce negative charge in ur body.... when u touch something metal.. it transmit all the charge to it.

or ur clothes or ur seat cover... some material will produce electric charge when being constant rubbing...
hahaah if air con causes it, can solve it maa... cabut off your air con...no more electrostatic probs and reduces weight oso.. good ma

gto_yap

Known Member
Jul 31, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by KE2020@Mar 9 2005, 22:50
Have u notice that it only happen when outside temp is very hot. It is because of negative charge in youur body la. Not by any wire of your car, relax dude. That's why in cold climate country, many cars has one wire touching the ground so as to discharge it.
yeah! agreed with u, haiya funny la...

why all people only come to this recently?
what car u all use?

thank god, i always touch the plastic part to avoid from get shock.

i think next time, the fly or mosquito fly over also can be killed. haha!

CHB

Known Member
Mar 5, 2004
Kuching,Sarawak
Visit site
yes. i experienced this during my trip to Melbourne and Adelaide. i m the only one who get the electric shock at any time when i touch the car metal parts. some times my parent also can hear the "zzz" sound when it happen. i was driving Toyota Mark 3 that time.

anfernee

Known Member
Jan 16, 2005
yeah... I also experience this like lately only... when get down from the car and want to close the door, get some electrostatic shock... got sound also wan... before this never happened before... really curious what's going on... is it because lately weather is so darn hot ??

if wan to say my car is old and maybe some current is leaking, cannot be what cause when I drive my mom's Altis which is quite new car, also experience the same thing when close door...

olskool

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
PJ
I experience the same problem when i bought my 2nd car...i thought it was the wiring...went to wireman to check..all ok..no leaks. then i had to bear with it for awhile...some friends told me to get grounding....so i did..WORST laa afterthat. last time only can hear sound...after installing the ground wire. when i stop in front of my hse gate (where is dark) to get down got yellow-ish spark to my finger...but it isn't painful. just that the "ZZZZZ" sound shocks me. then months went by.... suddently for my birthday present.. my gf bought me a VOLT STABALIZER.... KOWTIM!!! what a coincidence man...now i can touch anywhere of the door and not get the electrostatic shock....

i'm not a rocket scientist...but this is what happened to me...

my 1cent story.... hope it helps :ph34r:

-e f i n i-

Known Member
Dec 6, 2004
Kuching
Visit site
Originally posted by olskool@Mar 10 2005, 01:43
I experience the same problem when i bought my 2nd car...i thought it was the wiring...went to wireman to check..all ok..no leaks. then i had to bear with it for awhile...some friends told me to get grounding....so i did..WORST laa afterthat. last time only can hear sound...after installing the ground wire. when i stop in front of my hse gate (where is dark) to get down got yellow-ish spark to my finger...but it isn't painful. just that the "ZZZZZ" sound shocks me. then months went by.... suddently for my birthday present.. my gf bought me a VOLT STABALIZER.... KOWTIM!!! what a coincidence man...now i can touch anywhere of the door and not get the electrostatic shock....

my 1cent story.... hope it helps :ph34r:
wow olskool, u have a gf that really understands you, and your car. :lol: :lol: :lol:

artnet

1,500 RPM
Jan 19, 2004
Sarawak
www.cardomain.com
Originally posted by fai@Mar 10 2005, 10:30
Ground your car & YOURSELF. Sure no prob..... :lol:

jk
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: how?

like plug a 0/1awg wire into ur @ssh0lE? then cut a hole in ur trousers
direct the wire down to the ground...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fai

500 RPM
May 24, 2004
KL
Visit site
Originally posted by artnet+Mar 10 2005, 13:12 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (artnet @ Mar 10 2005, 13:12 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-fai@Mar 10 2005, 10:30
Ground your car & YOURSELF. Sure no prob..... :lol:

jk
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: how?

like plug a 0/1awg wire into ur @ssh0lE? then cut a hole in ur trousers
direct the wire down to the ground...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
Depend on where u want to ground.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

anfernee

Known Member
Jan 16, 2005
Hahaha.. get a girl to help you get "connected" and "ground"..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

silvertop

Known Member
Mar 19, 2004
hi all, strange things happen, i have notice there no more electrostatic
on my car this week..... feel it every time get out of the last two months

but this week hardly feel anything, hopefully it wont come back again.
very sien kena shock few time in a day hahahahah.......

olskool

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
PJ
Originally posted by e f i n i-+Mar 10 2005, 11:24 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (e f i n i- @ Mar 10 2005, 11:24 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-olskool@Mar 10 2005, 01:43

my 1cent story.... hope it helps  :ph34r:
wow olskool, u have a gf that really understands you, and your car. :lol: :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: actually...she didn't know what to buy then she went behind my back and asked my friend to get something for me.....GIRLS!!! then again, i did the same for her b'day :lol: :lol: like i would anything about ladies cloths.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Possibly this is the first 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STi to bite the dust. Even though the above -picture of the crashed JDM STi looks like the car suffered only minor damages, if you take a look at the rear quarter images, you’ll see that we’re probably talking about a write off. According to Caradvice, the driver of the STi had managed to clock a mere 282 km or 175 miles. Talk about bad luck…...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience