tyre with nitrogen

ynot

Feb 12, 2006
from someone who had tried it on stock absorber, i can trully say that it doesn't make any difference at all. Firstly, who had tried nitrogen long enough in KL to say that it will prolong tire lifespan?

one thing it does for sure, is less worries about your tire pressure for months, but for seasoned drivers, i believe we all should have the habit of checking our tyre pressure once or twice a month. it will only take you less then 5 mins to check all 4 tyre pressure... anyone who doesn't wants the hassle of checking tyre pressure, go ahead, it's worth that RM15 for 4 and RM1 per tyre for refill.. pump your father's or mother's car with it when you know tat they dont have the habbit of cheking tyre air pressure...

evan2000

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
nitus, if really according to the manufacturer and FIA recommendation is every 10k km. But i wonder how many ppl will do this.

SpeedWanker, as long as the tyre move it will heat up, jus the differ of level of heating only. A simple example, try to get near to those jus stop express bus( im sure when u on highway u atleast also equal speed with them ma)
But dun touch it, dun touch it.....its very hot.

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
evan2000 said:
nitus, if really according to the manufacturer and FIA recommendation is every 10k km. But i wonder how many ppl will do this.
Thanks evan2000. :regular_smile: i was about to bump up my post again coz the dude who i was asking din bother replying.. Busy i guess? heheh.

evan2000

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
opps. i recheck the recommendation, crazy its 5000km once. haha...btw, i do 10k once.

SpeedWanker

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
evan2000 said:

SpeedWanker, as long as the tyre move it will heat up, jus the differ of level of heating only. A simple example, try to get near to those jus stop express bus( im sure when u on highway u atleast also equal speed with them ma)
But dun touch it, dun touch it.....its very hot.
Thanks for the advise and its true what u've said about different temps but having worked with Michelin and for an international racing team i dont think any road car with road tires on the streets will be able to sustain an inner tire temperature of between 120 degrees C to 140 degrees C for a long period of time that will affect handling.. well if u do wear out u're new tires in 15mins of driving on the streets and complain about the tire pressure affecting the handling then u should by all means use nitrogen.. well i've never came across anyone wearing out their tires like that on the streets but i do know quite a few who've killed their tires like that in Sepang..anyhow tire pressure still wasnt a concern to them.. hehe..
well if u guys here still think its a good thing by all mean pls spend u're money on "nitrogen".. all i'm saying is that u guys are wasting money which could be use to donate to charities who needs money more that having nitrogen pump in tires.. hehe
cheers guys and drive hard..

r3dster

500 RPM
Mar 26, 2006
nitrogen is good for your tyre....your wheels are lighter=less fuel consumption....have you ever heard anyone saying "aiyaaa i lost the race coz gas in my tyres didn't expand enuff???or aiya..i skidded and bang the tree because my tyre didn't heat up properly???obviously no..so why talk about expand?
the tyre loses it's gas slower=longer tyre life but must refill tyre when it should be refilled.of course longer tyre life providing that you drive like a sane man..why do i say longer that normal gas?well,simple...do you know that you need to refill your tyre every 4 weeks/once a month + must refill if low pressure.so normal gas tend to escape faster than nitrogen therefore tyre looses it's property=extra wear.and also..norm gas heavier=more weight on tyre=higher wear=higer fuel consumption.sum this up = shorter tyre life span.
it's funy to hear why waste 15 on your car?not worth it...or even better...should give that 15 to charity....so..what's with that sports rim on your car?or why tint?or why rm500 cd player?or why do grounding?use stock car la..stock casset player cannot listen to music meh??no grounding car cannot move leh?..all those money to mod give to charity better..don't waste money.....right?most of us here really spend on our car..so don't bother to say "waste money doing that on car"...unless all other tyre shops giving RM10 for 4 tires..then you can say paying extra 5 is a waste=kena tipu
cheers :)

Azroy2206

Jan 2, 2006
I'm using this NO in my tyre. Very2 light. One tyre they charge RM3 only. This shop loc at Klang (H2O Continential).

et_box

500 RPM
Aug 27, 2006
i guess its safe to say that its a personal preference to chose either nitrogen or normal air. If pumping nitrogen gives the owner some sense of security or whatever, its his choice completely.

It may be a gimmick or whatsoever, but who here dares to say that they have never succumbed to gimmicks in their lives? Even the KFC advert is a gimmick, burger looks damn big, but is damn small in actual life... aHAhaHAhaH

I use nitrogen in my tyres, i dont know about others but i have seen an improvement in my fuel consumption.

Just my 2 cents... Cheers!!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Many doubted the functionality of an OCT and today i am going to show you the proof that an OCT does work.

NOthing to do, so took out the OCT and.. hey! It's heavy.. Shake it a little .. liquid inside apparently!

It works..

So i drained the oil out.. it captured about 100 ml of the PCV blow-by in extremely dark color: drain-out from the OCT

Accidentally spilled it and you can see how dirty it is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience