Types of SSS

maui303q

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
cracked windscreen.. but how? still deeply considering a SSS.. built quality seems so so only even for a CBU.. the Vitara seems to feel more solid compared to the SSS although both are CBU.

ckyee22

Mar 14, 2009
mine 1 cracked was due to small stone hit the windscreen ....not crack by itself...
i owned it more than 3 years, nothing wrong with the car....now still like the 1st day i bring this baby home...
Since you already test drove it but the build quality still not meet your requirement then you should think about other option....:confused:

maui303q

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
Ic.. Cracked due to stones on highway is pretty common.. The built quality seems to be not up to my expectations as an CBU. Then again the only Japanese with nice solid built is Nissan but then tan chong is pretty lousy in terms of after sales and poor service.
How so you find the built comparing to the 1.5 ckd?

samuelschick

From Facebook
Sep 1, 2010
Subang Jaya
www.facebook.com
i personally think the build quality for sss is better if you compare with 1.5 ss. especially the welding part. yeah, mine is due to stone chip but there's some case which the windscreen cracked by itself when parking under a hot sun, happened to my friend's sss

maui303q

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
Hmm.. i supposed the welding is better due the the fact that it is a SSS.. Cracked windscreen by itself is probably due to having foreign materials inside the windscreen during manufacturing.. happened to my friend's myvi.. rear screen.
I'm in the process of getting the documentations done for this white unit posted on mudah. 09 auto. Hope things turns out as what i hope for.
Btw, any other things i should know about this car? fuel consumption etc.. all of you guys still on RON 97? How's the damage for the pocket?

ckyee22

Mar 14, 2009
09 auto?
hope you read the car spec ( comparing Auto vs Manual ) before you made this decision...:rofl:

maui303q

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
Yeah.. read about it.. Seems quite a distance in terms of performance..
I can't live with manual :banghead::banghead: i want a swift but something more powerful than the 1.5 version..

samuelschick

From Facebook
Sep 1, 2010
Subang Jaya
www.facebook.com
bro, sss + proper manual gearbox is the most awesome combination and yes the performance difference is huge due to sss auto share the same gearbox with 1.5 swift. i'm still on ron97, sometimes i did mix with ron 95 thou when the kiosk only carries ron 95. fuel consumption the best i managed to get was 480km until the warning light came out but that's only my long distance journey to kelantan. city drive normally around 380km average per full tank on ron 97.

maui303q

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
Hmm.. Making me think twice about getting the auto SSS auto now.. The 09 unit is reserved at the moment.. Any nice unit on sale now that belongs to one of the members? Manual also can.. Would like to try the manual one see if my kopi o lisence still can Pakai or not.. Hehehe

ckyee22

Mar 14, 2009
mine 1 around 450 km/tank...city driving with light foot....fuel type= Ron 97

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hope fellow zth can help me
i'm new to zth

last week i did air cond service ..
the pomen said i hv to change the aircond filter every 12 mth
is that true?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience