turning off high-beam when stopping in front at the traffic light

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

manusia

"The 8055"
Aug 2, 2005
Barcelona
turning off high light when stopping in front of the traffic light

ive seen that in japan they usually turn off their high light and letting the low light on when theyre in the front row when stopping at the traffic light as the high beam can sometimes irritates other drivers eyes,so my question is can we malaysian do the same?

i've done it so can you guys.

towards more civilised nation.peace.

Last edited:

alexklg

4,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
www.zerotohundred.com
High beam? do you mean the small light? High beam is the one used when no other cars are in front of your car and in dark places where there isn't any lamp posts...

manusia

"The 8055"
Aug 2, 2005
Barcelona
eh my mistake.:p,the one we usually use,i dont know what its called,sorry

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
high beam, low beam and small lights??

no lar; if ur low beam is adjusted at the right angle than there's basically not a need to turn off at traffic lights.......

the problem with lots of cars; is that they didn't get the headlight tuned towards the correct height and angle.......somemoe ppl are blaming HID users.....

It's not only HIDs...........it's for all road users and all types of bulbs........get it adjusted!

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
yea..cuz boon's using HID n blinding my eyes when he tiong me...hahahaha...jkjk yea

get it adjusted to the proper height then no probs edi...but of course out of courtesy u can off ur headlights la...

but if HID.....u cant simply off n on few times in one nite...cuz it spoils the ignitor or sumfin...read somewhere

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
something to do with the ballast I think.....not sure bout it being spoiled.
but mine is adjusted low.......wouldn't hit ppl eyesight one.....
somemore projector.........wakakakaka

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
yalo...rich oni can do projector...lolzz....poor like me oni got crystal....proton projector cost 800-900 wei...damn not worth it

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Talking about high beam, last night, I was driving home. Then there was this kancil who was driving with HIGH beams on. So I slowed down to a snail's pace and he followed behind. Then I put my right signal as I was about to turn right. He tried to over take me on the right. Yes, I put right signal and he tried to overtake on the right. He was tailing me very close and when I reached my turning, I just turned. He braked, and avoided me. Then he over took me on the left, slowed down to almost a stop and stared at me while I looked back at him. It was as if he wanted to come down and confront me. Then he just drove away without coming down from his car.

PocketRocket,
Hey, don't feel so bad about it. You can always get those 2,000,000 candle power torch lights. It uses bulbs that (if I'm not mistaken) is also used in cars. Only about RM50+ or so from hardware store. Or if you have Real Rewards, it's only about 7000+ points or so. Get one of those, install it in front with an extended switch back to your car. Believe me when I tell you that this 2,000,000 candle torch light could shine up to at least 200-300 meters!!! Cos I've got one of it ! ! ! !

Last edited:

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
they think their lorry drivers who has the right of way in anyway...lol

alexklg

4,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
www.zerotohundred.com
erm, pocroc bro, what lorry are you talking about? blur leh...

satra_95 bro, you serious arh... so power meh? are those lightbulbs legal? which part of the front you installed it at?

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
wat 2,000,000 candle power torch light??........mind to take a pic of it..
good for emergency lar; or when one of ur bulb died.....hahaha

poc buddy, my projector is original 10 years old since the car was manufactured...haha
That's 1 thing I like about Lantis........ *muaks*

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
WOW!!! like that also can ahhh... i think for normal cars no need to turn to small lights... unless those super high SUV, Pickup or lorry....sure blinding.... but these day, even a Kenari or MYVI light is so blinding .... maybe they did not adjust properly, look like high beam when they face you...

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
haha....or it could be because our ride height is already lowered.......
haha

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
boon....now u mention it, got possibility lo....hehehehe... when i drive my bro car, no such problem but when i drive my car, got these problem...hehehehe

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
All cars, old or new will have the following lights installed.

1. City Lights
2. Low Beam
3. High Beam

When u turn on 1 notch, it is the city lights. With another notch, it will be low beam. High beam only used for emergencies.

However, some idiots prefer to drive their cars with high beam switched on. Maybe because he want to show off (that even non-HID equipped cars can have brighter lights) or just plain stupid.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
last time my old car installed white bulbs......so u know lar; sometimes u can't see the road.........oh btw, it's wira....
so what to do?? turn on high beam lor.....
kekekekeke

but obviously when no car is infront lar.....

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
I heard in some european countries, they even kill the engine when waiting in the queue if they know the traffic lights will take very long to change color.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
turn off engine while waiting for traffic lights??... hardcore petrol saver arr... hahaha...

about turning off the normal beam at traffic lights.... i think not necessory la if ur normal beam is focused nicely on the road and not blinding anyone in front... coz after u switch off, u might not remember to switch on it back again... troublesome la... later police chase after u coz never switch on the headlights....

chipstar

Known Member
Aug 11, 2005
kl
thats what japanese call road manner.in addition when somebody give way for u to change lane u should reply with hazard light that also considered manner in japan.if u want to reverse park your car putting on hazard light is also a sign of manner.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
hahaha....talking about manners in malaysia....
*sigh*

Signals are just for decoration, as either the fingers are to heavy to moved or the signal light had been "chop" to stay on without blinking
Honing is a must, but many ppl take it as an act of agression or too many hon on frustration.....
There's never a proper queue to wait at tol booth, road exits or even traffic lights....
Parking spaces is every where as long as the spot is not being occupied on the road

[email protected] list goes on..................

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

dear friend,did u all got any workshop got selling this yrv engine??i am finding suffering.pls pm if u know!!!thanks u :rock:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience