turbo or na

Newbienissan

Banned
Jul 19, 2010
earth
normally, if the car is own by a proper drifter, the rusty problem usually has been taken care of, repaired n re-primer and painted. ofcoz its an old car and it might last you for another 3-5 yrs, i believe in 3-5 yrs time u should be drifting like amatuer and that time u also might plan to sell it off n get another car. i personally is driving one ke70 v 4age now (bought not long ago). ke70 is pretty tough and u can be assure it will widstand any bang n be safe.

imho, its a bang for buck car. if u like, i got contacts too, my friends upgrading to sports car so selling their ke70's

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
When you are driving a turbocharged engine, you will surely like the feeling especially when driving on a highway. I don't agree that you need a high maintenance cost for turbo...just that it depends on how you drive the car la...so far, my maintenance cost is quite alright.

heheh true true na much easier to maintain
turbo sini rosak lah sana rosak :banghead:
but one thing lah when ur car is on the road the feeling is undescribable even for those with stock turbo engine :biggrin: hehehe

Newbienissan

Banned
Jul 19, 2010
earth
yes, if a modified turbo car, if it's done right by the previous owner, and all the "should-do-list" maintenance is being taught to the new owner, nothing to worry about.

the only "high" maintenance or the "headache" is prolly the fuel consumption, haha

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
bro, i suggest u start from n/a since ur budget is limited, of course depent wat car u wan, but 10k no much choice, just go for our "good" national car lo... but i suggest with Mitsubishi engine but not proton, afraid will getting more problem with those engine like mine, i m a newbie too but direct going into powerful turbo way(having a powerful mivec turbo before), but realize that it eat more money then n/a so going back to the basic n/a way :burnout: i really miss the tuebo power but wat can do? reality is cruel, no money no car mod :bawling: one good suggestion for u ,proton wira with 4g91, good fuel consumption and yet more powerful then stock, learn the basic mod 1st and then got budget and experience u can BOT and play turbo lo, just remember to BOT and tune it right :driver:.... that is just my sense :wink:

http://www.mudah.my/Proton+wira+4G91+93-6862712.htm
http://www.mudah.my/Proton+wira+4G91+DOHC+1+5+auto+sedan+96-6580325.htm
http://www.mudah.my/Proton+wira+sedan+1+5+4g91-6146473.htm

if u wan stock car also have

http://www.mudah.my/Proton+Wira+1+5+Auto+Special+Edition+Facelift-6883008.htm
http://www.mudah.my/Proton+Wira+Sedan-6918830.htm

but sadly all auto, try search on mudah, got a lot choice, gt few toyota also..

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
When you are driving a turbocharged engine, you will surely like the feeling especially when driving on a highway. I don't agree that you need a high maintenance cost for turbo...just that it depends on how you drive the car la...so far, my maintenance cost is quite alright.
hhehe yeap yeap i love the feeling even when driving on normal roads let alone highway hehehe
but i also newbie but jumped straight into putra evo 3 thats why maybe i am not used to the maintenance costs coz before this i had a putra but bone stock and it didnt give me a single prob so i thought all cars like that :banghead: lol

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
hhehe yeap yeap i love the feeling even when driving on normal roads let alone highway hehehe
but i also newbie but jumped straight into putra evo 3 thats why maybe i am not used to the maintenance costs coz before this i had a putra but bone stock and it didnt give me a single prob so i thought all cars like that :banghead: lol
lol... downgrade to n/a like me lor :biggrin: i think 4g63 n/a in putra is also rare :biggrin:

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
lol... downgrade to n/a like me lor :biggrin: i think 4g63 n/a in putra is also rare :biggrin:
i tink its super rare and could be very close to non existence lol
but ive just joined the turbo gang for like 3 months now oni so i tink i would just max out my time here before i am forced to retire :biggrin: due to other commitments :banghead:

lingkesh

500 RPM
Aug 20, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thx for all ur comment guys..
i am rily looking into ke70 nw.
bt jz wondering shud i strt with a stock one or go for a ke70 with transplanted na engine..
i wud obviously love turbo ones. as newbienissan said if thre is any1 tat is willing to teach me the maintainance part of turbo n stuff then it shud b fine..

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

normally, if the car is own by a proper drifter, the rusty problem usually has been taken care of, repaired n re-primer and painted. ofcoz its an old car and it might last you for another 3-5 yrs, i believe in 3-5 yrs time u should be drifting like amatuer and that time u also might plan to sell it off n get another car. i personally is driving one ke70 v 4age now (bought not long ago). ke70 is pretty tough and u can be assure it will widstand any bang n be safe.

imho, its a bang for buck car. if u like, i got contacts too, my friends upgrading to sports car so selling their ke70's
bro cn gv me the detail of the cars..
jz wanna see if anythng suits me.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
but ive just joined the turbo gang for like 3 months now oni so i tink i would just max out my time here before i am forced to retire :biggrin: due to other commitments :banghead:
i do 3 month and a half :biggrin:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
already bit bosan, bosan with fc :bawling:

Newbienissan

Banned
Jul 19, 2010
earth
ya, once driving turbo car for few months, feels like starting to HATE the turbo lag, want to go back to NA style, am i right ? heheh

luckily i driving na n turbo everyday, so i cant complain about each other....kekeke.

(but craving to try supercharged engine pulak, wonder what kind of excitement it will give)

SRduapuluh

Mar 1, 2010
Johor Bahru
i'm driving turbo n na car...really enjoy the turbo n the fc is quite high when driving in the city area especially when stop at the traffic light (always launching n glad to hear the bov kaching kachinggg...heheh)...really enjoy the na auto tran too when goto work..low fc n easy to drive cause my turbo makes my left leg SO BIG..heheh

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
Bro, enjoy your turbo ride...I am not bored until now. It is rare to hear Evo 3 in a Putra and your engine performance must be smooth.

Newbienissan

Banned
Jul 19, 2010
earth
hahaha, actually i felt contended when driving my na monster. the absolute respond when i put my foot down.

but when driving my turbo car, the excitement of the blow off, the turbine spinning sound, everything is fun, but sometimes press too much engine tempt rises n have to be more gentle on the pedal again.....when full boost ofcoz is fun, but when climbing hill n come to a full stop when there is road humps, i see other na car just potong me like that, reli potong stim....hehe....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Furthest left,original dull state
Middle area (darker side) - Meguiars Gold class Vinyl detailer
right side - cleaned by Meguiars APC with brushes & quick detail Meguiars Gold class Vinyl detailer

conclusion only a clean surface bringing up brillant shine on the dash

the detail...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience