Turbo on a B16A Auto - Good Idea?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

B16Alaric

Apr 29, 2005
Hello to all the Honda Motorheads, i'm a newbie with a problem...

I am running an automatic B16A in my 1997 Civic. I've tried all the common mods... an open pod filter, heat shield, custom exhaust and a Apexi V-AFC2. I've even put in a ZEX Wet Nitrous Kit... but i still can't enough power to satistfy me.

Came across a 2nd hand turbo kit just right for my car in a shop in Sunway. Its a td05 turbo with a HKS blowoff valve, Evo5 intercooler, and so on so on. I'll also need to get a Greddy E-manage system as well apparently. The shop offered to do the whole set up for about 10k including tuning, redoing my exhaust, piping and installation. It's a light pressure turbo if i'm not mistaken.

Is this a good deal? Is this even a good idea to put in the turbo? I hope someone could give me some advice. Thanks in advance guys !!!

mecc

May 12, 2005
-
me too...

i just bought a turbo kit for my b20a oso..but i'm goin to fix it myself. i'll let u know d result later!

little_monster

1,500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
<º))))><
Visit site
B16Alarichi there...why not change to manual 1st...

BlackHD

Known Member
Jan 29, 2004
Visit site
10k for lpt not really call attractive offer and lpt won't really satisfy you i think.

as little_monster said, change to manual, and with the nos system together with manual gearbox, u'll feel it more.

btw top fuel turbo set better compare to custom made lpt

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
in autoworld forum/honda corner... there's eegee (from kuantan). he used to drive an EG9 auto. from what i read from previous postings there, his car was a monster. try asking him. maybe he can give u some ideas

ARTA

Known Member
Dec 11, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Yup, like little_monster mentioned, get a manual gearbox. If you bolt on a turbo system with your current auto gearbox, i dont think the auto gearbox can last very long (depends on how your drive...) You'll need to change the gearbox in the end...so why not change now? Cheers!!

BlueG

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
Add more 4 or 5K, then go for B18C-R ... Lagi syiok. Turbo no syiok ..... :p

BlueG

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
Turbo no syiok coz its normal, my TV got TURBO SOUND, my hair dryer go TURBO SETTING, aeroplane also got TURBO, my washing machine got TURBO speed also, The bus also got TURBO ..... but they all got no Vtec .... muahahahaha .... :D

BlueG

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
hopesfall said:
last monday nite, saw 1 white 2 doors eg wif huge intercooler on mrr2. Damn nice car.
Rezul,

My brother is looking for 2 doors EF, Tak mau tolak ker your car? Pakai EG lak, baru boleh join Sham & The Gang ..

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
BlueG said:
Turbo no syiok coz its normal, my TV got TURBO SOUND, my hair dryer go TURBO SETTING, aeroplane also got TURBO, my washing machine got TURBO speed also, The bus also got TURBO ..... but they all got no Vtec .... muahahahaha .... :D
hahaha :>

hopesfall

Known Member
Feb 20, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
BlueG said:
My brother is looking for 2 doors EF, Tak mau tolak ker your car? Pakai EG lak, baru boleh join Sham & The Gang ..
hhmmm..dunno la coz im still in luv wif da car..
waahhh nowadays oni EGs can join sham and the gang???hehehehe

BlueG

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
I'm really needed the car lah Rezul, Afraid to buy from used car coz "macam-macam" can happens. If you got friend wanted to sell his car then recommend to me lah .... Nasi Kandar is waiting for you ...hehehe..

B16Alaric

Apr 29, 2005
Thank you to everyone for the feedback.
I brought this matter up with some friends of mine who are really into the mod scene and I have also screened through many many websites and forum.
The bottom line I hear is.... change to manual !!!]

Hahaha!!! I have considered every solution to increase my hp (crv-tec, turbo, performance cam, etc) but i'm told that it's not worth it cause most of the power gets trapped by the slush box !!!

My question is... Does a manual gearbox really make that big a difference?