Transplant to VQ25DD from A33

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
You still are doing timing retard, anyway is still lost of power. How effective, i am not sure.

I only can tell you when i pump 95 into my fatty 3L, my wife can tell the difference when she drive.

imperialrealcs

Known Member
Dec 12, 2005
omg guys. i just did the transplant from VQ30DE to VQ25DD and apparently my foreman messed up the whole wiring of my car! these are among the problem spotted:

1. CEL on
2. Seatbelt signal always on
3. Airbag signal keep on blinking
4. no 4th gear!
5. gear shift sometimes slip
6. rpm super low around 600rpm. if D without pressing throttle at slope the car will roll down
7. OD, 2, L all useless
8. when traffic jam, press the throttle will have jerk abit then only the car move.
9. bumper lower than usual. car confirm accident free!
10. aircond only cold at 18.C if set even 18.5 or 19.C, then only hot air coming out...
11. sometimes turn on headlight will trigger horn
12. hid level not adjustable
13. no front sensor
14. rear demister not functional
15. automatic headlight not functional
16. Rear Auto dim mirror not functional
17. Meter light not adjustable

i would really need any contact for experienced foreman that can help me settle this problem. please pm me or sms me at DiGi-2156800, Alan! thanks all!
btw, my car has been stranded for 2months and according to him, the gearbox problem unsolvable and he blame the gearbox rosak. i would seriously need second opinion!

chteo

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Subang
bro imperialcs, serious problem you have there, seems like really need to put the car away for a few more weeks. just hope that no serious electrical/electronic problem has occured.

i think you should bring the matter up with consumer tribunal if your foreman doesn't want to compensate for the issues he has brought to your car.

if you are in pj/shah alam/subang area, i can recommend my mechanic over in glenmarie, honest guy, or i can direct you to gt auto also...hehehe...

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

another option is to go to tanchong lor...

whatzzzup

Mar 13, 2006
@@ sound serious...mine everything fine...just the aribeg light not there..but foreman said is function...need to check...mine RPM around 600 when engage to D. I think is normal...low rpm... Meaning u cant kick down at all??

But one thing mine same as ur...mine air con when adjust to 18' is cold like hell, but when goes above 23' ...koyak....ur issue try ask him check whether he connected with the 'In car sensor' or not..that's for the 'auto' temperature...if i'm not mistaken coz i having this before the problem fix.

p/s ur foreman wiring really jia lat...he hv no idea how to convert/modified those wiring.....and for TAN CHONG they cant diagnosis...I'm SA from tan chong i consult them...they cant do anything...

imperialrealcs

Known Member
Dec 12, 2005
bro imperialcs, serious problem you have there, seems like really need to put the car away for a few more weeks. just hope that no serious electrical/electronic problem has occured.

i think you should bring the matter up with consumer tribunal if your foreman doesn't want to compensate for the issues he has brought to your car.

if you are in pj/shah alam/subang area, i can recommend my mechanic over in glenmarie, honest guy, or i can direct you to gt auto also...hehehe...

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

another option is to go to tanchong lor...
Glenmarie where? i wont mind if he has experience in transplanting VQ25DD to my car. GT Auto Thomas i also know but im afraid of very expensive charges...

@@ sound serious...mine everything fine...just the aribeg light not there..but foreman said is function...need to check...mine RPM around 600 when engage to D. I think is normal...low rpm... Meaning u cant kick down at all??

But one thing mine same as ur...mine air con when adjust to 18' is cold like hell, but when goes above 23' ...koyak....ur issue try ask him check whether he connected with the 'In car sensor' or not..that's for the 'auto' temperature...if i'm not mistaken coz i having this before the problem fix.

p/s ur foreman wiring really jia lat...he hv no idea how to convert/modified those wiring.....and for TAN CHONG they cant diagnosis...I'm SA from tan chong i consult them...they cant do anything...
yes, super jialat. about the gearbox problem, if i press a little bit, the whole car will delay quite alot then suddenly push. damn uncomfortable. in tis case, whenever i stuck in jam, the car will keep on pushing alot can consider jerking edi

whatzzzup

Mar 13, 2006
u nvr kick their ass for this all shit???
@@ no 4th gear? cant imagine... so ahrdly to drive long journey....
not syiok at all....

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

Dear CH Teo....
can you tell where's the workshop @ glenmarie u mean???

chteo

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Subang
Glenmarie where? i wont mind if he has experience in transplanting VQ25DD to my car. GT Auto Thomas i also know but im afraid of very expensive charges...

yes, super jialat. about the gearbox problem, if i press a little bit, the whole car will delay quite alot then suddenly push. damn uncomfortable. in tis case, whenever i stuck in jam, the car will keep on pushing alot can consider jerking edi
:nurse:my mechanic::nurse:
Edisi Abad Sdn. Bhd.
Address: No. 2 Jalan Penggawa U1/75, Taman Perindustrian Batu Tiga, Shah Alam, Selangor, 40150
Phone number: +60 (0)3 5519-5281

did you change the gearbox's ECU as well? cause as far as i know, the ratio is different.

Says "teo of subang" recommend. no guarantee that he can fix your issue though, but no harm getting second opinion, he's been handling my A32 since i go them and transplanted my engine as well.

haha, we all know GT Auto's pricing... will be sending my car there to get the steel braided brake hose done though, trust their quality work compared to normal workshops.

u nvr kick their ass for this all shit??? @@ no 4th gear? cant imagine... so ahrdly to drive long journey.... not syiok at all....

Dear CH Teo.... can you tell where's the workshop @ glenmarie u mean???
refer above....

imperialrealcs

Known Member
Dec 12, 2005
:nurse:my mechanic::nurse:
Edisi Abad Sdn. Bhd.
Address: No. 2 Jalan Penggawa U1/75, Taman Perindustrian Batu Tiga, Shah Alam, Selangor, 40150
Phone number: +60 (0)3 5519-5281

did you change the gearbox's ECU as well? cause as far as i know, the ratio is different.

Says "teo of subang" recommend. no guarantee that he can fix your issue though, but no harm getting second opinion, he's been handling my A32 since i go them and transplanted my engine as well.

haha, we all know GT Auto's pricing... will be sending my car there to get the steel braided brake hose done though, trust their quality work compared to normal workshops.

refer above....
hi teo, thanks for the contact. will contact them tomorrow! btw, what engine u transplanted? any issue after transplant?

chteo

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Subang
hi teo, thanks for the contact. will contact them tomorrow! btw, what engine u transplanted? any issue after transplant?
no prob.

i transplanted VQ25DE, but i'm running on A32, not A33, just in case you have not noticed.

for my transplant, no issue at all, except the previous owner did meddle with something and my gearbox selector switch is having some insensitivity issue...

imperialrealcs

Known Member
Dec 12, 2005
no prob.

i transplanted VQ25DE, but i'm running on A32, not A33, just in case you have not noticed.

for my transplant, no issue at all, except the previous owner did meddle with something and my gearbox selector switch is having some insensitivity issue...
VQ25DE as far as i concern is straight swap unlike VQ25DD :(

imperialrealcs

Known Member
Dec 12, 2005
anybody know where can i get this "Fuel Temperature Sensor" for VQ25DD?? i've searched high and low in google and nothing has been fruitful so far!
please help me :(

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Osaka Auto Messe, religiously held just after the Tokyo Auto Salon provides some sort of a second chance for car freaks from the other major side of Japan and the world to experience what the Japanese after-market industry has to offer. No introduction is needed on the scale and expectation of Japanese car events so let's just dive into the glorious pictures.

We'll be serving a four-part coverage on...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience