Transplant to VQ25DD from A33

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
Depend the chop shop. some bring back all.

My A32 3L 1/2 cut, not a single wires are cut. From front to the rear all in tag. Except the Air bag.

imperialrealcs

Known Member
Dec 12, 2005
Your VQ30DE not getting good mileage either because of the stuff in your car e.g. ICE, wheels, mechanically not sound or driving style and traffic jam.

My A32 fully stock no mods standard wheels, no ICE just normal player with 4x original speaker configuration and threw out spare tyre. Had the car since 1997 and has done about 275,000km and still running well. Here are my FC figures

Full highway with full economical driving style I can achieve 7.2L/100km or 14.2km/L

Tekan on highway 10.5L/100km or 10km/L

Normal driving around town in economy mode 10L/100km or 10km/L

Normal driving but not really trying to save fuel 11L/100km or 9km/L
that was marvelous! i hope my car can get that kind of fc!
mine is completely stock with emanage blue tune for optimal afr only.
best i achieve was 8km/l with rev below 3k most of the time but that was so lifeless driving.
im too dissapointed with the fc figure. i know it would not be good, but not until 7km/l which is extraordinary imo. btw, did u decat?

Cheongxp

Known Member
Oct 22, 2010
Selangor
Bro Imperialrealcs,
You car same FC like me ?
3.0L ???
Mine decat long time ago.
You e-manage help on pick up ?

Soon i will change by spark plug to Denso Iridium, hope it will help a bit.
Also now thinking use Mobile One.
So far i alway use semi.
1st time to use Mobile One even this is 3rd car.

imperialrealcs

Known Member
Dec 12, 2005
my car is 3L cefiro a33 and i only get 7km/l on average with 60L of fuel :(
emanage improve about 14bhp as i got really fucked up afr tuned by nissan coz i told them i wana fuel saving tuning earlier. but upon dyno we realize too much knocking as it runs too lean hence i bought the emanage blue. total is about 157whp totally stock.
hmm, guess i should decat earlier haha. btw, last time i change denso iridium and nissan sc claim that this engine only can use platinum :x
since the car bought until now, i only use chemlube 10w40 full syn but the fc remain to be bad...... very bad!

Cheongxp

Known Member
Oct 22, 2010
Selangor
Some people said if hp up, it mean you Right foot can press less, then can save FC.

I got friend use Iridium now, when accelerate is better, but after that is same, same fc also.

Wonder Platinum better or Iridium better ??

imperialrealcs

Known Member
Dec 12, 2005
Some people said if hp up, it mean you Right foot can press less, then can save FC.

I got friend use Iridium now, when accelerate is better, but after that is same, same fc also.

Wonder Platinum better or Iridium better ??
i do admit sometimes i rev alot. but most of the time mild je. regardless, my fc is around 7km/l :p
i dunno man but i read from a certain website last time they said for V6 better use iridium coz changing the rear bank spark plug is hectic! use iridium can last longer and so they said lol

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
Basically you can use platinum grade or higher. The diff between platinum and iridium is that iridium will last slightly longer. Performance wise next to no diff. Spark gap should be 0.85mm. Highly not recommended to use regular spark plugs it doesn't work for the VQ and is rough. I have been using denso iridum since it ever came out and works very well with the car. I suggest you regap the new plug to 0.85mm as i think the original factory gap for the iridium is 0.75mm is too small and will affect FC.

Cheongxp

Known Member
Oct 22, 2010
Selangor
Denso Iridium VK16 is for A32 right ?
But what is the meaning for Ultra Fine 0.4mm Iridium ?
Different meaning with you explain 0.85 or 0.75mm ???

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
Denso Iridium VK series is the TOUGH series which has longer life VK seires. IK series is just the normal iridium series. The difference is just that the ground electrode has a small platinum disc to reduce wear on the ground electrode thus increasing life of the plug.

I think its better for you to use Denso 20 heat range as 16 is a bit too hot and not good for full throttle and high rpm as it is more prone to detonation or engine knock. Recommended plug is denso 20 heat range anyway which is a NGK 6 heat range.

So you can choose VK20 or IK20. I'm currently using IK20 and got a 6 pack of VK20 waiting once this IK20 give way. I think my IK 20 has done about 70,000km.

Ultra fine 0.4mm center electrode is the size of the center electrode on the sprak plug.

What I mentioned is the spark plug gap which is the gap between the center electrode and the ground electrode. in the nissan owner's manual recommended is 0.8mm-0.85mm.

Be VERY VERY careful if you are to adjust the gap for the iridium plugs as the iridium center electrode is VERY fine and VERY easily broken!!! Once bent or broken you can throw the plug in the bin. I have broken 2 plugs in 2 different occasions. If the mechanic is going to do it make sure he is aware and he pay if he breaks it.

Got this from NGK website: Spark Plug Installation Instructions

3. Gapping

Since the gap size has a direct affect on the spark plug's tip temperature
and on the voltage necessary to ionize (light) the air/fuel mixture, careful attention is required. While it is a popular misconception that plugs are pre-gapped from the factory, the fact remains that the gap must be adjusted for the vehicle that the spark plug is intended for. Those with modified engines must remember that a modified engine with higher compression or forced induction will typically require a smaller gap settings (to ensure ignitability
in these denser air/fuel mixtures). As a rule, the more power you are making, the smaller the gap you will need.

A spark plug's voltage requirement is directly proportionate to the gap size. The larger the gap, the more voltage is needed to bridge the gap. Most experienced tuners know that opening gaps up to present a larger spark to the air/fuel mixture maximizes burn efficiency. It is for this reason that most racers add high power ignition systems. The added power allows them to open the gap yet still provide a strong spark.

With this mind, many think the larger the gap the better. In fact, some aftermarket ignition systems boast that their systems can tolerate gaps that are extreme. Be wary of such claims. In most cases, the largest gap you can run may still be smaller than you think.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone change their fuel filter? how long should i change the the fuel filter? I'm driving a 1991 Toyota AE92.. i think the fuel filter is more than 10 years old already.. should i change it? normally how much it cost for changing fuel filter? btw my car is running on 4age engine.. thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience