Toyota's Next MR2

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
Toyota Motor Corp. is hinting that a new sports car might be in the works, meant to fill a gap left by the retirement of the MR2 two-seater.

“We used to have a lot of sports cars, but not anymore,” Kazuo Okamoto, executive vice president for R&D, told Automotive News. “So now we want to try it again.”

Okamoto made the comments after speaking last month about Toyota’s midterm business plan and said the company must launch more “appealing products” that are “fun to drive.” Okamoto added that the strategy will involve the “development of a new sports model.”

The presentation was accompanied by a slide show depicting a Lexus sports car along with two other sporty concept cars. One car bears the Toyota logo on the hood. After the presentation, Okamoto said there were no concrete plans.

Toyota’s midengined MR2 dates back to 1984. It was retired this year.

Toyota's New Sports Car? - AutoWeek

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
FT-HS is battery on front & below; hardly a midship :)

Toyoda will introduce a sports car in their line up from 2008 onwards, thats a certainty.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
if at all, some latest spy shots early this year.

MR2 - Redux??
MR2 redux snagged on transporter? - Autoblog

Nah. Highly unlikely. In your dreams. That's what the folks at Toyota said as I handed the keys to the MR-S V-Edition back to them earlier this year and asked if Toyota had another mid-engined sports car on the drawing board.

So what, pray tell, is this litle number spotted on the back of a Toyota transporter near Nagoya earlier this summer? Toyota is keeping mum, but could this be another prototype from the Committee to create Interesting Cars? Let's hope so.

Last edited:

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com

it will never go away, the stories i mean. we wish. we wish but only the big bosses in yota decides

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hope bros here can help a little

currently my car have some dent and rust..so i do all the bodywork,knocking and simen all by myself..but the problem now..i dun hv enuff money to paint my car

so is there anything i can spray?not the normal can..cos when i wanna paint..all musr rub again..i need something to spray just for a meanwhile by tyhe time i get enuff money

is there anything like can type undercoat for automotive use?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience