Toyota vs FD2R

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
teo1957,
4 SNF,abit of a different scenario.coz they r only using d north track,so der's only d main straight 2 fully utilise max power.so,i'm not surprised if d stock S204 can't overtake d FD2R.but y is a FD2R racing in 4WD category?was it d open class?if yes,dat's prolly N1 Racing's FD2R?dat car ain't stock ler!ahahahaha.......

just 1na add,in any form of racing/motorsports,i strongly believe driver play a VERY important factor.how many times haf v heard abt highly tuned cars BUT it's ONLY fast w a certain driver?dis so called "professional jockey" do haf sum superior skills compared 2 mere mortals 2 make a car go faster(launching,gear shifting,body weight,etc).....

but since dis is all in d name of fun,no need 2 b so detailed,right?n owh..does d BEAMS version come in 5speed manual or 6speed?

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
the whole world knows that FD2R is the most powerful in its class..

so, if it beats anything on the road, not a surprise..

but if a 3S-GE beats the FD2R.. that's a surprise :biggrin:

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
with a few tuning and tweaking, i think urs can be at par with the FD2R..

i'm a toyota fan & will support u all d way..hehe

it ain't over until it's over
Thanks for the support, d7zul. I'm happy enough just being able to keep up with it. Can't afford the tweakings.

the whole world knows that FD2R is the most powerful in its class..

so, if it beats anything on the road, not a surprise..

but if a 3S-GE beats the FD2R.. that's a surprise
I AM surprised, that's why I started this thread to check if any Toyota fans have a different result.

but since dis is all in d name of fun,no need 2 b so detailed,right?n owh..does d BEAMS version come in 5speed manual or 6speed?
The redtop BEAMS from Celica/MR2 only comes with 5 speed & only single VVTi. Only the Altezza (FR) comes with 6 speed & Dual VVTi. For more info on Beams engine, pls visit:

Beams Owners Group

:listen: pssst...the orange Corona you see in the page, is my rusty bucket...:biggrin:

Last edited:

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
FD2R is a quick car and that is a fact... for Toyota to beat it is either your car reduce weight to somewhere to 1,000kg OR modify your engine...P&P, High Cam & valve spring, ECU, Full exhaust, Lightened Flywheel, ITB, Full balance engine and importantly final drive.....:biggrin:

Power to weigh ratio is an important aspect of any performance car... oh yeah the gearing as well.

3zz

Known Member
Jan 18, 2009
my own experience vs with dc5 type r..4agze..gear 1 and 2 can eat..but then dc5 say bye2 to me.. 2.0 wat..hehehe

ayathu

Known Member
Feb 24, 2007
KL
Guess its normal to test your car against another just to see how well it performs(once a while):proud:

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
4AGZE is wat engine ar?d 1.6L supercharged unit is it?oooo..dis 1 haf MONSTER low end torque!tested w a fren's AE101..not sure his unit is stock or not....1st & 2nd gear berkampung i kena....masuk 3rd gear his car seems 2 run out of breathe n VTEC start 2 chase back.....over 400m was abt 1 car in frt....i was running a B16A manual dat time....i like d way d AE101 takes off..DAMN strong!

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
Guess its normal to test your car against another just to see how well it performs(once a while):proud:
Yes, I totally agree with you on that...:laugh:

vincelee1981

Known Member
Jan 9, 2010
seremban
4AGZE is wat engine ar?d 1.6L supercharged unit is it?oooo..dis 1 haf MONSTER low end torque!tested w a fren's AE101..not sure his unit is stock or not....1st & 2nd gear berkampung i kena....masuk 3rd gear his car seems 2 run out of breathe n VTEC start 2 chase back.....over 400m was abt 1 car in frt....i was running a B16A manual dat time....i like d way d AE101 takes off..DAMN strong!
i wacked a B16A with my ZE b4 yup they r good at mid but since i dont know why charger of urs start stall at midrange but i can wacked all the way up with out the problem u mention btw my ZE tune with emanage....and BT gearbox....just my xperience...:driver:

teo1957

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
but y is a FD2R racing in 4WD category?was it d open class?if yes,dat's prolly N1 Racing's FD2R?dat car ain't stock ler!ahahahaha.......
Yes, none other than N1 Racing's FD2R in an open track day (not SNF). S204 DID earned 3rd place in SNF, with boosting problems at 1 bar.

3zz

Known Member
Jan 18, 2009
stock 4agze sure run out of breath aroun 6-7k rpm..changing to fmic can solve the prob but lower boost lah..

changing to BT gb any diff?in term of performance..

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
STOCK S204 will blow away STOCK FD2R anytime....if S204 having problem to overtake FD2R,that FD2R is surely not stock,or the S204 is having problems...

vincelee1981

Known Member
Jan 9, 2010
seremban
stock 4agze sure run out of breath aroun 6-7k rpm..changing to fmic can solve the prob but lower boost lah..

changing to BT gb any diff?in term of performance..
yup its true if stock 4agze sure will run out of breath around 6-7k rpm on 5th gear.my xperience with the BT gbox it is more fun at mid range 3rd gear can go all the way to 165kmh with abv if without the abv sure can up to 180kmh ofcoz 4th gear 200kmh++ and the problem on the 5th gear is still there coz yesterday while i'm on my way back to seremban wacked by a EK9 K20A @ 220kmh....as u said fmic will solve the problem but cause u some lack at pickup on the street, its enough at the moment but highway i think still honda rules and the street i think toyota rules...just my opinion

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It seems that more and more advanced innovations that we have encountered in the movies are making an appearance in real life, showing the rapid growth of technology that is taking place today. If the previous Google autonomous car brings us to “I, Robot”, this one does not take us into the future. Instead, it features one of the Bond’s most impressive and modern gadgets ever; from the 1997 Tomorrow Never Dies, the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience