toyota camry ac light blinking

May 9, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys,

I am studying in michigan, usa and my ride is a used toyota camry 2000. My ac light keeps blinking whenever I stop at junction and hot air will come out. I have to keep switching it on again. I have sent my car to the toyota service center and it cost me $2000 to fix the problem. Then, I did the internet research and most of the main causes were about to change the magnetic clutch relay, which I already did. But, it only last for a couple of weeks then the problem is happening again.

Please help me, have a good day.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
When idling check the magnetic clutch whether it is running. If blinking means it is going on and off. If clutch running fine then it is something else.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
toyota cars are prone to such issues....My mech says it was likely due to the circuitboard...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
My mechanic fren has been trying to solve this prob. vEven his own toyota SEG has the similar prob...ahahhaha

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
check the gap of the clutch.
i dont know your specific gap but it should be pretty narrow.
too much gap and the magnet cant pull the clutch.this happen when driving very slowly or stationary.
when u rev past certain rpm,the clutch will engage again.

i am not sure abt toyota whole system but on a merc,even the old w124, the compressor wont engage if it detects low gas pressure.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
check the gap of the clutch.
i dont know your specific gap but it should be pretty narrow.
too much gap and the magnet cant pull the clutch.this happen when driving very slowly or stationary.
when u rev past certain rpm,the clutch will engage again.

i am not sure abt toyota whole system but on a merc,even the old w124, the compressor wont engage if it detects low gas pressure.
Most air con system with pressure detector will cut which pressure is low, means not enough refrigerant to run the system....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Met the guy that brought Tufoil into Malaysia and i told him Zth.com promoting this product so that's the reason im there.

Dr. Jesus is using TUFoil for now.Waiting to see the difference.

One question from Dr.Jesus:

Why is the tufoil so thick and sticky when i pour into the crankcase?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience