Toyota Advanza Suspension

b8t_ford

Known Member
Jan 1, 2006
Wau .....wat a nice pic and good example for me.....thanks bro anakmelayu.
tapi, Abs cam ni boleh beli kat mana ya ? normal sparepart shop or performance shop like Kakimotor? izzit it will much much better than ori punya ? thanks ya

Avanza

Known Member
Feb 8, 2005
hi bro.....
i want to let u know tat avanza rear absorber are alledy gas type ma ..... it's a KYB oliginal wit gas filled...even it's gas but it not too hard to support avanza's weight tat y u can fil bumpy at rear side.... i drive a 1st model avanza and also can fil the bumpy at rear side. i just changed to gab sports spring last month to fil better but what i get is HAMPEHHHHH :banghead:. Tat spring looks nice... the gap between fender and tayar is about 2 fingure at front and 3 1/2 fingure at rear....look sporty but when i drive my avanza with full load like naik kereta lembu maaaa ...the spring is too soft...the stopper rubber touch the cross bar all the time ....u know what my wife said aaaaa...."Bang cam mane kete kite bleh jadi cam kete lembu lak ni"?!!! hahahaha....:hmmmm: :mad:....then i put a cushion rubber to support the springs but it's still not ok. now i wan to try to change the stock absober to heavy duty one. i hope it will more better & comfortable......mr b8t_ford i advice u don't do anything ..it's better use the oliginal wan maaaaa.......don't waste money.... i will let u know if it's comfortable or hampehhhhh when i change heavy duty absober.

jchin2

Known Member
Sep 15, 2006
heh bro,
Both myself and my friend have just recently changed to rear GAB gas absorber and its nice,not so jumpy compared to the ori KYB gas absorber.1 set about rm310.I think not necessary to change the spring as it is the family car.

b8t_ford

Known Member
Jan 1, 2006
haha .....Really thanks to u both bro Advanza and BroJC.
by this moment, i not yet touch anything for my family advanza.Cos my dad n mam sedang berbising bising dengan saya ooo .....haha ....but i just thinking to change ABS 1st if my dad and mam stop bising...wakaka ...

anywhere, thanks lots....

Avanza

Known Member
Feb 8, 2005
Hi bro....

How are u mr.b8t_ford? I have changed my stock KYB absorber with heavy duty nitrogen gas shock absorber brand Gabriel last saturday. Muahhhhhh it's so comfortable :adore: . I can fil like drive a new avanza again, no more bumpy.....u know what my son said aaaaa.....best la ayah cam ni baru best lepak kat belakang nie...:biggrin:. My family was very eppy with new absorber, u can view tis absorber at http://www.Gabriel.com. go to under sub title premium SUV/LIGHT truck and choose ultra shock absorber title then u can see the absorber pic wit white colour...tat 1 i use right now. Tis gabriel heavy duty absober is bigger then stock KYB. It's so hard & comfortable and better use wit gab sports spring . i think if u use stock avanza's spring i advice u choose Monroe gas filled absorber.....tis type absorber little bit hard & better then stock KYB to reduce bumpy. FYI market price for the gabriel heavy duty absorber around RM150 per pc. so 1 pair RM300....it's cheaper then gab gas absorber and for monroe gas filled is around rm115 per pc. 1 pair rm230 only. Make your choice bro......

Last edited:

b8t_ford

Known Member
Jan 1, 2006
thanks bro advanza. thanks for ur information ya...

but just i wonder that if i buy and use the Gabriel absorber,y i cant use back the oli springs? is that not good enough? so now u r using the Gabriel heavy duty abs+Gabs sport springs now ?

Avanza

Known Member
Feb 8, 2005
thanks bro advanza. thanks for ur information ya...

but just i wonder that if i buy and use the Gabriel absorber,y i cant use back the oli springs? is that not good enough? so now u r using the Gabriel heavy duty abs+Gabs sport springs now ?
hi bro...
Yup...now i'm using Gabriel heavy duty absorber wit gab sports spring. i'm not said tat u can't use your stock avanza spring wit gabriel heavy duty absorber...u can use it if u wan it's up to u but i'm not recomanded....i just advice u to use Monroe gas filled absorber with the stock springs to reduce bumpy cause Monroe got litte bit hard den stock KYB absorber. u know y.... if u use the stock spring wit the gabriel heavy duty abs.....i think it's not "ngam" maaa....cause the stock spring are high and hard + gabriel "HEAVY DUTY" is hard too.... high & hard + hard = double hard & high.....i wonder tat u are not fil comfortable.... like naik lori maaa. If u are using sports spring it's ok cause sports spring are low & medium hard lah i can say......low & medium + heavy duty (hard) = low medium hard..... baru ngam maaa.... u know wat i mean aaaaa bro..... So it's up to u lah.....make your own choice....i just give my 1 sen opinion on tat.......Good luck bro.

Last edited:

b8t_ford

Known Member
Jan 1, 2006
ok ok ....thanks to ur bro advanza.....i appreciated to ur opinion and teaching ler....thanks alot....i think i will have a try on it...hehe...thanks ya ..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi members,

I'm happy to be in the memberlist of this forum.

Now, I've just bought a Proton Saga LMST 1.3(M), year 2005.

In order to take a good care of the engine and performance, I would love to get good parts for the car.

I'm in the plan of changing a good spark plug. Anyone here can recommend me a good plug? I heard Bosch Platinum +4 is a hell of outstanding performance plug. Is that true and how much does it cost over here in Malaysia?

Your reply will be helpful for me...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience