Toyo T1R

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
expensive? around here it was the cheapest hence why i got it. sunway selling 285-290 per piece and somemore can lan c me saying "i give u cheapest price, but u must buy NOW. if u come tmr, diff price"

got such thing? lol.

dr_snape_79

500 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
Perak
Ya, it's expensive. Better to get it at klang valley rather than here in Ipoh. Somemore in Ipoh there's only one Toyo dealer in town.. S**t.. Even i already bought it last february, i still not yet put on my car. Still using my current Goodyear F1 Eagle kaw-kaw. Thread still 80% only thing tyres already more than 6 years old.. :biggrin::biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I am sure 215/40/R17 even though odd size should not cost that much. I am on the more common size of 215/45/R17 and all the model of tyres that I have used I budget only RM400 per pc. I have been on the Falken ST115, Yoko ES100, GY F1 GS-D3, Toyo T1-R, Yoko S-Drive, GY F1 Asy, and now on the Blue Streak Stiletto.....
So in a way I am paying only RM1600 for one set of 4 tyres.
Your 235/40/R17 may cost more, but I don't think at RM900 per pc.....

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

expensive? around here it was the cheapest hence why i got it. sunway selling 285-290 per piece and somemore can lan c me saying "i give u cheapest price, but u must buy NOW. if u come tmr, diff price"

got such thing? lol.
He scare you cabut to another shop mah.....

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Ya, it's expensive. Better to get it at klang valley rather than here in Ipoh. Somemore in Ipoh there's only one Toyo dealer in town.. S**t.. Even i already bought it last february, i still not yet put on my car. Still using my current Goodyear F1 Eagle kaw-kaw. Thread still 80% only thing tyres already more than 6 years old.. :biggrin::biggrin:
Wah, means you drive very little only. 6 years is too long, rubber should have harden. Even though thread pattern very deep, rubber traction is gone....

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com

got such thing? lol.
its their sales tactic....they wan u to buy on the spot....aiya if u come the next day he will still give u same price.....

called kedai papan but no answer, not yet open kot...:hmmmm:

dr_snape_79

500 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
Perak
I am sure 215/40/R17 even though odd size should not cost that much. I am on the more common size of 215/45/R17 and all the model of tyres that I have used I budget only RM400 per pc. I have been on the Falken ST115, Yoko ES100, GY F1 GS-D3, Toyo T1-R, Yoko S-Drive, GY F1 Asy, and now on the Blue Streak Stiletto.....
So in a way I am paying only RM1600 for one set of 4 tyres.
Your 235/40/R17 may cost more, but I don't think at RM900 per pc.....

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

He scare you cabut to another shop mah.....

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Wah, means you drive very little only. 6 years is too long, rubber should have harden. Even though thread pattern very deep, rubber traction is gone....
Yes, this my third car. Drive only weekend. I'm thinking to change it soon. Maybe in June/July.

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
its their sales tactic....they wan u to buy on the spot....aiya if u come the next day he will still give u same price.....

called kedai papan but no answer, not yet open kot...:hmmmm:

ya so my response was, u keep ur tire la .. lol

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
has anyone tried T1R on track? any good?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ipoh tyre business must be making a lot of $$$.....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

has anyone tried T1R on track? any good?
I am not a track kaki, but base on my usage on daily basis, I find the sidewall too soft. Grip in the wet also not too good. Only aquaplaning resistance is not bad...

alwhitesat

500 RPM
Jan 6, 2009
T1R is phasing out....now replace by T1 Sport.
Sidewall now hard, assymetric tread pattern, donut shape rather than straight sidewall pattern....according to a friend who's currently using said performs better than R1R in dry, especially at corners. In wet, as good as T1R.

He bought 215/45 ZR17 at RM 475 each

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Now all coming out with Sports....
Being asymmetric, aquaplaning resistance may not be as good.
Seems they are following GY, as they had the F1 GS-D3 then asymmetric......

alwhitesat

500 RPM
Jan 6, 2009
Now all coming out with Sports....
Being asymmetric, aquaplaning resistance may not be as good.
Seems they are following GY, as they had the F1 GS-D3 then asymmetric......
by thoery, yes, but u must get first hand experience to determine if it performs better

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
by thoery, yes, but u must get first hand experience to determine if it performs better
I have tried both F1 GS-D3 and Asymmetric. GS-D3 wins hand down in the wet, especially aquaplaning resistance. Asy. really good in cornering and dry......I think that proves it already
If you read Dunlop catalogue on the Sports Maxx, same thing is said about the directional Maxx and the Sport Maxx Asy. TT model.
F1 Asymmetric 2 now have 4 large grooves to Asy.1, 3 large plus 1 small......

rydell

Dec 26, 2009
Batu, K. Lumpur
That is very true my brother! I never judge a tyre based on what is written on the sidewall nor the tread pattern. From my experience, for example, a toyo R1R has treadwear of 140, but it is not comparable to Azenis RT615 which has treadwear sets at 200, in terms of grip. My previous ride has experienced both rubbers. Though the RT615 has larger treadwear and tread pattern is asymmetric, I feel it drives much-much better than the toyo, in both world....it all comes down to the driver to feel it rather than just looking at them without knowing how it performs......and the federal rs-r is a below par performance tyre, they are only good for the first few laps at sepang, i could feel after lap 4 or 5, it tends to loose grip, feels harsher and had to brake much earlier especially at turn 2 and 3, i nearly skidded if i brake later like in my earlier laps. just sharing my experience only...:)

It's all down to how balance your ride is and how experience is the driver....just like people talking cock, telling how good their car handles, but did'nt ever realized that they didnt even have arb...and the car only installed with torsion beam rather than multilink suspension!

Just my two sen....dont get mad harrrr:) :)

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Oh! you are referring to the UTQG ratings. Yes, difference manufacturer ratings can differ when in use. Car setup, weight, driving style, road condition, weather and so on.
What we were discussing earlier was the handling between directional and asymmetric pattern...

alwhitesat

500 RPM
Jan 6, 2009
Oh! you are referring to the UTQG ratings. Yes, difference manufacturer ratings can differ when in use. Car setup, weight, driving style, road condition, weather and so on.
What we were discussing earlier was the handling between directional and asymmetric pattern...
if that is true that u claim the asymmetric tread pattern handles better in dry, specifically cornering, then why most of these performance tyres are still directional pattern....r1r, z1*, ad08, r888, re11s and so on....and care to explain of all tyres that i had used/driven, the nitto neogen (assymmetric pattern) is the best i ever cruised in wet weather....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey guys, do you own or your friend has make up to USDM ?!

ive hang out with my friends at Dataran Shah Alam and always seen a car with USDM make up nowadays.

its hot when seen a EK9 hellaflush, myvi, viva, satria, wira a/b and many more.

hows yours? post and post we want yours! ;)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience