To those who drive slow and hog the right lane

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
They accelerate fast on coming out from junction, but to a certain speed only, then maintain that slow speed ......:banghead:
Those really champion mia.

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
Well actually, those who frequently use the NS Highway (more or less on a daily basis) understands the flow of traffic and know where and when to overtake.

I use the highway on a daily basis (Tg Malim - KL - Tg Malim). Seldom you see accidents. Breakdowns confirm la. Its when the weekends (especially lepas baru dapat gaji and school holidays) and long holidays due to celebration is where the agony and frustration starts.

Most people will drive 'safely' and closely on the middle lane (for 3 lane highways). Right lane would be like everyone wanna rush like hell and tailgate like there's no tomorrow. Left lane is always a breeze. Much safer to get away from the chain. Hell even driving around 100 - 110 km/h on the left lane is faster than the middle lane. Like the other day going back home on Wednesday evening before long weekend, bagi my blood pressure naik saja hahaha.

Another thing that frustrates me is selfish drivers who constantly flashing their headlights. Ingat small space between cars in the middle lane my corolla can squeeze in and don't care about their safety and my safety is it? Sheesh.

One thing that actually baffles me is people who go fast on the left lane and overtake where there are no cars or whatsoever on the right lane.

P.S: Actually, I also do like that but just because of testing the road surfaces / to reduce the bumpyness.

I think I should make a special thread / guide for road users on what places to be aware (plus where cops / jpj usually hang out between Tg Malim - KL - Tg Malim hahah).There's a similar guide but focuses solely on the "Bayangan Maut" section of the Northern stretch of the highway. Stretch starts from Bukit Beruntung - Tg Malim. Various kinds of accidents involving various vehicles. Go google for more info.

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Well actually, those who frequently use the NS Highway (more or less on a daily basis) understands the flow of traffic and know where and when to overtake.

I use the highway on a daily basis (Tg Malim - KL - Tg Malim). Seldom you see accidents. Breakdowns confirm la. Its when the weekends (especially lepas baru dapat gaji and school holidays) and long holidays due to celebration is where the agony and frustration starts.

Most people will drive 'safely' and closely on the middle lane (for 3 lane highways). Right lane would be like everyone wanna rush like hell and tailgate like there's no tomorrow. Left lane is always a breeze. Much safer to get away from the chain. Hell even driving around 100 - 110 km/h on the left lane is faster than the middle lane. Like the other day going back home on Wednesday evening before long weekend, bagi my blood pressure naik saja hahaha.

Another thing that frustrates me is selfish drivers who constantly flashing their headlights. Ingat small space between cars in the middle lane my corolla can squeeze in and don't care about their safety and my safety is it? Sheesh.

One thing that actually baffles me is people who go fast on the left lane and overtake where there are no cars or whatsoever on the right lane.

P.S: Actually, I also do like that but just because of testing the road surfaces / to reduce the bumpyness.

I think I should make a special thread / guide for road users on what places to be aware (plus where cops / jpj usually hang out between Tg Malim - KL - Tg Malim hahah).There's a similar guide but focuses solely on the "Bayangan Maut" section of the Northern stretch of the highway. Stretch starts from Bukit Beruntung - Tg Malim. Various kinds of accidents involving various vehicles. Go google for more info.
Agree on that, as if is like their Bapak mia jalan. Got car at the next lane also they keep flash at you. Is like "WTF you want me to do?" Force the car at the middle lane to the left lane? :stupid:

Some they flash non stop. To me is kinda rude. At 1st I don't want to give way but then no point doing that.

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Anyways just to highlight although there is a minority of assholes. But majority of our malaysian drivers are steady. Flash once straight move. Flash from far and all will clear the right lane for you. If a car honks at you to move instead if flashing. High chance its a foreign car. So I try not to get offended.. in their country maybe different perception towards honking. I once went to india. Everyone would honk for everything. In highway every 10 seconds would honk once either to let them know your here.. or to move..

Last edited:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Anyways just to highlight although there is a minority of assholes. But majority of our malaysian drivers are steady. Flash once straight move. Flash from far and all will clear the right lane for you. If a car honks at you to move instead if flashing. High chance its a foreign car. So I try not to get offended.. in their country maybe different perception towards honking. I once went to india. Everyone would honk for everything. In highway every 10 seconds would honk once either to let them know your here.. or to move..
Honking and flashing are just methods to communicate, coz we cannot speak to the other cars, right? So no need to take any offense if both are done reasonably.

I also agree that majority Malaysian drivers are very polite already. Driving here is a breeze. :biggrin:
To me, the biggest issue in driving here is the speed limit, it's just too damn slow everywhere! :banghead: Should increase it by at least 20-30kph every where.

Anyway coming back to the topic, I know road hoggers can be a pain, but still don't do silly things like tailgating to ask for way thru, coz that's also risky. Just flash, or honk. If still stubborn then wait until you can overtake from the left. I always do that as I don't want to waste my time tailgating them just to always overtake from the right while risking my self in the process. I know there's also a risk in overtaking from the left but if you do that calmly and in a calculative manner, it's still way safer than tailgating to force them out of your way, and often it might end up quicker too.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
wimmen drivers are quite rough drivers also...all dowan to gimme way when exiting a junction or let me switch lane, they tend to accelerate faster, dunno y.
The problem should be they dont have throttle control. Serious.

But some don't even use the rear view mirror. That is why flashing and getting close is of no use...:banghead:

Thats whyyyyyyyy. People really need common sense.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Because driving 70km on the fast lane still makes me fast, cause I'm on the fast lane.

Otak sotong la these people...

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Middle ground is a virtue. Right is always mainstream, correct and welcomed. The left is always condemned.

So most people stay away from left lane.

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
Yeah about the honk, just came back from medan a few days ago. Over there compared to our malaysian driving, it is somewhat 10 times worse as in its just like chaos on the road. Overtaking like theres no tomorrow, to many honking in order to overtake, cut lane like nobody's business.

Upon closer inspection, behind the chaotic traffic I still find that the drivers still know how to maneuver traffic with ease, if honk they slowly budge a bit so that the person who honks (overtaking) can overtake. Oncoming traffic, if see vehicles overtaking, they slowly move to the side and slow down to give way.

You can see this attitude with Malaysian drivers, but not on the highway or in big cities. Usually at jalan kampungs or the Gerik - Jeli Highway where driving there is really testing your patience, focus and skills, up hill driving, lorries and busses, and not to mention chances of stumbling upon an elephant on the road:biggrin:

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
stupid driver on fast lane,thinking they are ok about 110km/h on fast lane middle already use by stupid driver and heavy lorry who dun wan use slow lane...flash or horn also wont change.that why,i always takeover them using slow lane nkve or self 4th lane...but watch out mr polisman b4 do it.

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

stupid driver on fast lane,thinking they are ok about 110km/h on fast lane middle already use by stupid driver and heavy lorry who dun wan use slow lane...flash or horn also wont change.that why,i always takeover them using slow lane nkve or self 4th lane...but watch out mr polisman b4 do it.

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
We are easily irritated on the road. Emotion overheat. Sometimes self control brake fails and crashes. I failed more often than regaining self control. Idiotic, inconsiderate and ignorant drivers are abound.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Now I tend to just relax and drive. Ignore everyone's driving attitude on the road. Who am I to educate them. Let them learn the hardway or meet the same low IQ and EQ species to deal with them.

I just focus on getting to my destination. Makes life more relaxing and pleasant than getting angry at someone I don't even know.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Now I tend to just relax and drive. Ignore everyone's driving attitude on the road. Who am I to educate them. Let them learn the hardway or meet the same low IQ and EQ species to deal with them.

I just focus on getting to my destination. Makes life more relaxing and pleasant than getting angry at someone I don't even know.
Agree, if someone is hogging the right lane then just be patient a bit and overtake from the left rather than wasting time stressing your self on the right lane. Listen to some music you like to lower your stress as well, to me music really2 helps lower my stress (even though I'm listening to metal).

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Agree, if someone is hogging the right lane then just be patient a bit and overtake from the left rather than wasting time stressing your self on the right lane. Listen to some music you like to lower your stress as well, to me music really2 helps lower my stress (even though I'm listening to metal).
I realized I can get high from listening to MightyCarMods' songs and with the windows down.
Hmmm...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, I am currently looking for a new setup of adjustables. I am very convinced with the D2. Where the adjustable options are more. 2 different location of adjustables. The spring height and the mount height. And also soft hard. Price is not very expensive. And very solid built and look nice too.

I would like to know if there is anyone here every tried D2. I believe it's from Taiwan. Correct me if i am wrong.

I am actually looking for something like TEIN. Comfort yet good performance in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience