Tire Price list Zth

mike77kl

Known Member
Aug 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
whats a rim protector? is it steel built inside tire to withstand powerful shock
when car go inside big hole to protect the rim? this is what i can think of a rim protector.

is there impenetrable tires? my tires always kena paku. want to try the jell that pump
into tire and auto seal punctures but tire shop said useless plus it make
tire out balance. another tech is airless tires, not yet perfected yet.

Is there a tire spec such as 145/80/14? Now i am using the Myvi spec 175/65/14
for my old Saga. This car is use to go pasar only, so i need really thin tires to save fuel.

Last edited:

KEE aka Storm

Known Member
Nov 22, 2009
Subang Jaya
just got myself 2pcs of Bridgestone RE002 install at the front wheel.

195/50R15 = RM273(made in Thailand)
bought from MPS Auto at PJS7.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
have anyone heard of china tires? Pls comment
China Brand tyres, give them a miss, unless you do town driving to pasar only like you mentioned...

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

whats a rim protector? is it steel built inside tire to withstand powerful shock
when car go inside big hole to protect the rim? this is what i can think of a rim protector.

is there impenetrable tires? my tires always kena paku. want to try the jell that pump
into tire and auto seal punctures but tire shop said useless plus it make
tire out balance. another tech is airless tires, not yet perfected yet.

Is there a tire spec such as 145/80/14? Now i am using the Myvi spec 175/65/14
for my old Saga. This car is use to go pasar only, so i need really thin tires to save fuel.
Tyres with rim protector, are tyres with extended rubber jutting out from the bead area. It is further out then the rims, therefore if you curb the road side slightly it will hit this part first before it hits the rims, so that is why they call it the rim protector.
Read more here....
Tire Tech Information - Tire/Rim Protectors

mike77kl

Known Member
Aug 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
got, when i went to a tire shop and ask for the cheapest tire, the boss offer me china tire.
i tot he was gonna offer silverstone coz i like silverstone. he said silverstone no gd, very
noisy. in the end he convince me to take Continental for RM180 a piece. he said Continental
is local made, light weight, and longer lasting. so i tot light weight can save fuel wor, longer
lasting then i may try drag it till 100,000KM no worries. some more this continental max
pressure is 350, cheap brand usually 300 only, so this explains something. quality of material
maybe.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
got china tire me?
fake tire made in china? like telur pun ada tiruan...
China tyre are not fake, or no need to be fake, because as long as China brand already bad enough...

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

got, when i went to a tire shop and ask for the cheapest tire, the boss offer me china tire.
i tot he was gonna offer silverstone coz i like silverstone. he said silverstone no gd, very
noisy. in the end he convince me to take Continental for RM180 a piece. he said Continental
is local made, light weight, and longer lasting. so i tot light weight can save fuel wor, longer
lasting then i may try drag it till 100,000KM no worries. some more this continental max
pressure is 350, cheap brand usually 300 only, so this explains something. quality of material
maybe.
Bro., do you use pressure up to 350kpa? Even branded tyres uses 300kpa to bead the tyres only, and not the pressure to be used while driving.

mike77kl

Known Member
Aug 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
can use, only on perfect roads. since roads are not perfect,
so i just follow cars spec and pump 220 only for best confort.

i was just saying my expensive Continental tire max pressure is up to 350
while previously my cheap Silverstone tire max pressure is only up to 300
so i guess it must be the quality of the material different company use
in order for them to make such claim and print on their tires.

Well, actually there are many American run their tires at 51psi.
Daredevils claims they got benefits from saving fuel to prolong the tire life.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
can use, only on perfect roads. since roads are not perfect,
so i just follow cars spec and pump 220 only for best confort.

i was just saying my expensive Continental tire max pressure is up to 350
while previously my cheap Silverstone tire max pressure is only up to 300
so i guess it must be the quality of the material different company use
in order for them to make such claim and print on their tires.

Well, actually there are many American run their tires at 51psi.
Daredevils claims they got benefits from saving fuel to prolong the tire life.
As mentioned the maximum pressure stated on the sidewall of the tyres is the maximum pressure to bead the tyres to the rims, and not the maximum pressure for use. Air pressure should just follow car manufacturer's recommendation plus a few psi if needed.
Even track kakis use 40 to 45psi only.
Using over pressure can save some FC, but at the expenses of uneven tyre wear which is normally the center will wear more....
If not mistaken, my GY tyres maximum is around 42psi also and that is around 300kpa only.

bongek

Known Member
Jan 19, 2007
how much for re-11 225/45/17 and re002 225/45/17..? and one more where tu find reo1r..?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Let us know if you are able to find especially those extreme tyres, because a few other Bridgestone shops I asked, have to order because extreme tyres not everyday bread and butter tyres...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

RWD can cause the car to have more oversteer and AWD make the car to have more understeer when coming to corners

Even Nissan GTR R33 & R34 in Japan GT is modified to RWD with wider tire in the front at is 330mm while car like Enzo FXX front tire is only 255mm or 245mm

But RWD are more likely to spin in corner if throttle is applied, will be harder to turn a AWD as will cause understeer

The reason AWD doesn't spin out that easily is because some percentage of power is transferred to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience