Tire Price list Zth

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Many things to consider for FC. But since you only mention between tyre size, weight and diameter, here is mt 2 sens worth.
Changing from 175/70R13 to 175/65/R14, there is no change in tyre width, therefore road surface contact friction does not come into play, but however the tyre diameter have gone bigger by 1.36%. If you are comparing traveling at 80kph to 100 kph constant speed then the larger diameter will not have much effect, but if you are driving mostly in town on a stop/go traffic then the larger diameter will require more force to turn initially and this will need more fuel to move it.
Normally when we mention upgrade to bigger rims, yes we reduce the tyre aspect ratio to get the closest diameter to the original size, and at the same time it is for safety and handling. Safety in getting wider tyres and handling as in lower profile. Having said that another size suitable for your use is the 185/60/R14 size, which is closer to your original diameter......:driver:

feezdya

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2006
Pee Jay
www.takaful-ikhlas.com.my
Federal 595 ss

225/35/19 - rm 650 pc

Nexen

235/35/19 - rm 600 pc

mike77kl

Known Member
Aug 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Many things to consider for FC. But since you only mention between tyre size, weight and diameter, here is mt 2 sens worth.
Changing from 175/70R13 to 175/65/R14, there is no change in tyre width, therefore road surface contact friction does not come into play, but however the tyre diameter have gone bigger by 1.36%. If you are comparing traveling at 80kph to 100 kph constant speed then the larger diameter will not have much effect, but if you are driving mostly in town on a stop/go traffic then the larger diameter will require more force to turn initially and this will need more fuel to move it.
Normally when we mention upgrade to bigger rims, yes we reduce the tyre aspect ratio to get the closest diameter to the original size, and at the same time it is for safety and handling. Safety in getting wider tyres and handling as in lower profile. Having said that another size suitable for your use is the 185/60/R14 size, which is closer to your original diameter......:driver:
Larger diameter need more force to turn? I tot only heavier wheels need more force to turn. Now i only increase diameter but reduce weight due to the stock wheel is made of steel and there was more rubber on the 13" stock wheel. What about larger diameter covers more distance per engine revolution thus save fuel, this theory not true? What if i choose the smaller diameter tire, will that save more fuel instead? I am confuse, ok lets make it simple, say weight and width of wheel are same. Now...smaller diameter, stock, and bigger diameter, which one save more fuel? Smaller one or bigger one?

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Best price n place for GoodYear GS-D3 215/40R17 (German) in KL?
Bro.,
GY GS-D3 have been Thailand made for many years already.
Recently have been replaced with GY F1 D5 or Directional 5.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Larger diameter need more force to turn? I tot only heavier wheels need more force to turn. Now i only increase diameter but reduce weight due to the stock wheel is made of steel and there was more rubber on the 13" stock wheel. What about larger diameter covers more distance per engine revolution thus save fuel, this theory not true? What if i choose the smaller diameter tire, will that save more fuel instead? I am confuse, ok lets make it simple, say weight and width of wheel are same. Now...smaller diameter, stock, and bigger diameter, which one save more fuel? Smaller one or bigger one?
Not only heavier wheels. As mentioned, if you are doing constant highways runs, then not much difference, but if driving in town on stop/go traffic there is.
Imagine your drive force is coming from the center (The drive shaft) and have to turn 2 big diameter wheel, or turn 2 small diameter wheels, which is easier to turn? Of course the small diameter wheel is easier to turn, right?

mike77kl

Known Member
Aug 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Ok u r right my friend, smaller diameter wheel is easier to turn.

Here is a gd read: Are smaller wheels faster?

Anyways, choice already been made. Now i just want to take gd care of my new tire
so that it stays soft longer. I will keep it properly inflated. Now what chemical should
i use to wash it in order to keep it clean? A clean tire last longer, rite?
I scare use the wrong thing would eat rubber.
Last time i use oil to sapu on my tires to make it looks black and shiny, what a stupid idea
coz only now i realize oil will react to rubber, oil eats rubber! Now i can only think off, to use
dish washer liquid, easy on the hand, should be gd to rubber too, rite?

Oops, i asked too much, now not to forget to contribute.

Continental 175/65R14 82H TL Comfcon CC5 @RM180 a pcs
Germany Tubeless Valve @RM3 a pcs
Absorber P/Saga/Iswara 1.3/1.5 Front Sapura (SFG-211) Red @RM100 a pcs
Absorber P/Saga Rear Sapura (AFGO-001) @RM60 a pcs
Alignment, Balancing, Continental Mug, all FOC
Aircond Gas R134 @RM45

After change new tire and absorber, suspension system is damn gd, feel like new car.
Especially on the highway, is like sailing on a boat in the sea. Last time damn teruk, tire
spoilt and making strange vibration even after balancing, rear absorber also spoilt,
car rattling noise like crazy and drive me nuts. Now i am happy.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ok u r right my friend, smaller diameter wheel is easier to turn.

Anyways, choice already been made. Now i just want to take gd care of my new tire
so that it stays soft longer. I will keep it properly inflated. Now what chemical should
i use to wash it in order to keep it clean? A clean tire last longer, rite?
I scare use the wrong thing would eat rubber.
Last time i use oil to sapu on my tires to make it looks black and shiny, what a stupid idea
coz only now i realize oil will react to rubber, oil eats rubber! Now i can only think off, to use
dish washer liquid, easy on the hand, should be gd to rubber too, rite?
You can wash the wheels/tyres with normal car shampoo.
To make it look nice and shiny, apply those tyre shine products. Many brands and you can get from Hypermarket shelves. Apply with a sponge is easier.....:driver:

mao_3873

Known Member
May 4, 2008
205/45/17 & 215/45/17 Dunlop SP9000.. anyone know the prices and shop selling them?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
205/45/17 & 215/45/17 Dunlop SP9000.. anyone know the prices and shop selling them?
Still have SP9000 in the market? I used them quite many years ago.
Latest are Sport Maxx TT (Asy) and older pattern is Sport Maxx (Directional) and before was SP9000

mao_3873

Known Member
May 4, 2008
Still have SP9000 in the market? I used them quite many years ago.
Latest are Sport Maxx TT (Asy) and older pattern is Sport Maxx (Directional) and before was SP9000
owh ic.. hmmm.. are those come with rim guard/protector like falken ST115? i'm searching for those as i search on the net as these are the series that have the rim protection type..

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
owh ic.. hmmm.. are those come with rim guard/protector like falken ST115? i'm searching for those as i search on the net as these are the series that have the rim protection type..
Most tyres in the Ultra Low profile nowadays comes with rim protector already. Even CC5 in some 55 series I see them with rim protector already. Maybe the cheaper tyres may not have.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I need help. Recently my honda city 2009 dashboard warning light on very frequently. I sent to Honda service centre to checked. After several checking, they are sure that my car's ECU is ok, no error code appear. But it still happen again when i drive out from the service centre.

The warning light all on when in few situation :
- It happen when i gear in.
- It happen only when gear 1 & 2.
- It wont light on when after reached normal speed.
- It happen when i parking.

And when...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience