Tinted glass

zackdihaw

Active Member
Senior Member

zackdihaw

Active Member
Senior Member
Sep 23, 2006
27
1
1,503
Found this forum a weeks ago while surfing the net...Nice to see so many Altz owners in M'sia.

Im living in Japan now and thinkin bout coming home next year. Ive got an Altz...standard RS200 MT. Nothing to brag bout this Altz but the thing is that Ive got dark tinted glass. Its standard option when I first bought it. To me...its not that dark....you know....not the FBI/Mafia dark. Just worried it wont get through the PUSPAKOM/JPJ checks... Any of you guys got standard dark tinted glass..? Will it be a problem....? I hear that they re gonna get strict on this tinted glass issue this year....

Anyway....thanks to the mods for setting this nice Altz forum.....
 

hansc

Known Member
Senior Member

hansc

Known Member
Senior Member
Nov 14, 2003
490
30
3,028
KL/WP
Visit site
this is one of the gray area of the regulations......... some said the tinted glass is not permitted....... and according to the JPJ, they are going out full force next year to ban the dark tinted glass....... however, our glass/mirror are not tinted, they are just dark......... and they are called privacy glass........ not too sure if it falls into their category........

if u r bringing ur car back from japan, u would need to send ur car to the JPJ for inspection before they are allowed on the road.... i think its the B2 inspection.... and usually those with dark tinted windows are not passing this inspection.... what they would do is "the other way"......

as this matter does not only affect our altezza, other clubs, such as Wish Club Malaysia are currently in the midst of preparing to have a meeting session with the authority to have a clearer guidelines and clarification........ majority of the WCM members are with the privacy glass........

other members with privacy glass, wat do u guys think? i think i can get ourself to be included in the meeting with the authority.....
 

nitrospeed

Known Member
Senior Member

nitrospeed

Known Member
Senior Member
Oct 12, 2005
111
0
1,516
www.nitrospeed.net
i think dark tinted is not allowed anymore even the privacy glass. before you go to inspection. u need to change the normal glass first. but u can keep your privacy glass and change it later :D
 

hansc

Known Member
Senior Member

hansc

Known Member
Senior Member
Nov 14, 2003
490
30
3,028
KL/WP
Visit site
i am currently having the privacy glass...... the previous owner managed to get it thru during the inspection......... now i dunno if i can pass the inspection
 

ARSSS

Known Member
Senior Member

ARSSS

Known Member
Senior Member
Jul 17, 2006
263
3
1,518
hansc said:
i am currently having the privacy glass...... the previous owner managed to get it thru during the inspection......... now i dunno if i can pass the inspection
When I bought my Toyota Wish, I've to change to clear glass before JPJ inspection.. then change it back to original privacy glass after inspection... I know the people who can lend the clear glass for inspection..
 

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Senior Member

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Senior Member
Sep 21, 2005
1,859
8
1,638
Kuala Lumpur
to all,

on my way back from shah alam last nite and on the way to tt in ttdi, was stopped by JPJ and they issued me a note asking me to do inspection, 2 problems i had; HID and privacy glass ...

all in all, privacy glass is NOT allowed in Msia. During registation last time, i used "the other way", anyway anyhow, somewhere someday, u still will be stopped.

will change mine to normal glass soon, less hassle.
 

zackdihaw

Active Member
Senior Member

zackdihaw

Active Member
Senior Member
Sep 23, 2006
27
1
1,503
Thanks guys for the replies......guess there isnt much choice huh....Play by the rules...-change it, or do some magic tricks during the inspections....but then you have to be very good being invisible on the road...But I dont think you can be invisible in an Altz huh....right guys...??

Just hope the gov do something bout this...maybe loosen it up a bit. In m'sia, I think we deserve privacy glass. I dont see no reason to say itll raise crimes. Well....some people will romen2 a bit...hehhhee....but crimes....naaaa
 

hansc

Known Member
Senior Member

hansc

Known Member
Senior Member
Nov 14, 2003
490
30
3,028
KL/WP
Visit site
well, if we can justify why we need the privacy glass, then probably they will consider legalise....... the WCM members are now in action, taking all the pictures of those VIP cars with DARK TINTS.... dunno how they are looking at this matter, but its a good initiative by them......

ARSSS,
i do notice that u r one of the WCM member...... been to any of the gatherings?
 

ARSSS

Known Member
Senior Member

ARSSS

Known Member
Senior Member
Jul 17, 2006
263
3
1,518
hansc said:
well, if we can justify why we need the privacy glass, then probably they will consider legalise....... the WCM members are now in action, taking all the pictures of those VIP cars with DARK TINTS.... dunno how they are looking at this matter, but its a good initiative by them......

ARSSS,
i do notice that u r one of the WCM member...... been to any of the gatherings?
Yup.. WCM is working on it.. they are doing it as much as they can..

Let's hope JPJ will consider our proposal for privacy glass usage.. :regular_smile:
 

Z_Edition

500 RPM
Senior Member

Z_Edition

500 RPM
Senior Member
Aug 11, 2006
500
1
1,518
I would like to ask a question, why can't we have tinted/darken glass? What is JPJ's reason?
 

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Senior Member

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Senior Member
Jun 1, 2006
1,473
119
1,663
Anywhere
I think its maybe because of crime rates.. Maybe they dont legalize dark tint or privacy glass because they scared dont know who is behind those glasses.. haha.. later JPJ call one fella open the tingkap, then suddenly after opened, one double barrell shotgun pointing out..haha...
 

Z_Edition

500 RPM
Senior Member

Z_Edition

500 RPM
Senior Member
Aug 11, 2006
500
1
1,518
What's the difference? Crime rates are still high. People are still getting murdered, raped, etc. Maybe if the so-called law enforcers focused on the real crime rather than wasting manpower trying to catch us commiting these petty 'crimes', we might have a better Malaysia.
 

WindT2

Known Member
Senior Member

WindT2

Known Member
Senior Member
Jun 25, 2006
178
3
1,518
hmm
i changed mine to clear since my previous job needs vr vr hard travel. dun 12 get stop all the way, waste of time, petrol and also might get a summon.

as our pro Jahax said, less hassle. the clear ( the shopper said china maded) 5 pieces (rear door glass 2 pcs, rear door smaller glass 2 pcs and rear wind screen) cost RM1600 on me and installation is RM300..this done in butterworth.

the jeipeejei reli sucks, keep geeting our sweat smell ringgit out from our wallet. why dun assign those staff to go handle the snatch thief, robbery, rape case instead of trying to make ppl poor.

or if they claimed that jeipeejei dun mix with porleese, at least go take k of our car there. keep our beloved Malaysia like other advance country, no car alarm system needed, remote central locking will do.

many suffering glass broke and stuff stolen, where the hell jeipeejei when the case happen? drinking COFFEE which paid by the drivers!!! car scratch...rim gone..

but one thing good, they r warm..."Bang u ni bawa sportcar, kaya la u..barang hilang, ganti aje la...apa marah marah ni.."

hmm laywyer, can we propse to the goverment of changing the summon to work like street cleaning, grass trimming instead of paying summon ah? so the ANTI RASUAH dun go to N-ANTI RASUAH (NON-ANTI RASUAH)

everyone..just a joke..jeipeejei dun kacau me..shoooo
 

goosfrabar

Known Member
Senior Member

goosfrabar

Known Member
Senior Member
Mar 20, 2005
410
0
3,016
Pee Jay
Visit site
JaHaX said:
to all,

on my way back from shah alam last nite and on the way to tt in ttdi, was stopped by JPJ and they issued me a note asking me to do inspection, 2 problems i had; HID and privacy glass ...

all in all, privacy glass is NOT allowed in Msia. During registation last time, i used "the other way", anyway anyhow, somewhere someday, u still will be stopped.

will change mine to normal glass soon, less hassle.

eh Jahax... i tot u have that "Bar Council" sticker on your car that was actuslly suppos to b above the law???:shades_smile:


kena tangkap jugak ker..... eh berani dia saman lawyer eh!!!:shades_smile:
 

WindT2

Known Member
Senior Member

WindT2

Known Member
Senior Member
Jun 25, 2006
178
3
1,518
our lawyer is a Mr. Nice Guy..he fight for the truth..unfortunately..he know that his glass against the law so he just accept the truth
 

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Senior Member

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Senior Member
Jun 1, 2006
1,473
119
1,663
Anywhere
WindT2 said:
hmm
i changed mine to clear since my previous job needs vr vr hard travel. dun 12 get stop all the way, waste of time, petrol and also might get a summon.

as our pro Jahax said, less hassle. the clear ( the shopper said china maded) 5 pieces (rear door glass 2 pcs, rear door smaller glass 2 pcs and rear wind screen) cost RM1600 on me and installation is RM300..this done in butterworth.

the jeipeejei reli sucks, keep geeting our sweat smell ringgit out from our wallet. why dun assign those staff to go handle the snatch thief, robbery, rape case instead of trying to make ppl poor.

or if they claimed that jeipeejei dun mix with porleese, at least go take k of our car there. keep our beloved Malaysia like other advance country, no car alarm system needed, remote central locking will do.

many suffering glass broke and stuff stolen, where the hell jeipeejei when the case happen? drinking COFFEE which paid by the drivers!!! car scratch...rim gone..

but one thing good, they r warm..."Bang u ni bawa sportcar, kaya la u..barang hilang, ganti aje la...apa marah marah ni.."

hmm laywyer, can we propse to the goverment of changing the summon to work like street cleaning, grass trimming instead of paying summon ah? so the ANTI RASUAH dun go to N-ANTI RASUAH (NON-ANTI RASUAH)

everyone..just a joke..jeipeejei dun kacau me..shoooo
nice one.. you got my agreement and vote for that:_: