Tinted glass

zackdihaw

Sep 23, 2006
Found this forum a weeks ago while surfing the net...Nice to see so many Altz owners in M'sia.

Im living in Japan now and thinkin bout coming home next year. Ive got an Altz...standard RS200 MT. Nothing to brag bout this Altz but the thing is that Ive got dark tinted glass. Its standard option when I first bought it. To me...its not that dark....you know....not the FBI/Mafia dark. Just worried it wont get through the PUSPAKOM/JPJ checks... Any of you guys got standard dark tinted glass..? Will it be a problem....? I hear that they re gonna get strict on this tinted glass issue this year....

Anyway....thanks to the mods for setting this nice Altz forum.....

hansc

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
KL/WP
Visit site
this is one of the gray area of the regulations......... some said the tinted glass is not permitted....... and according to the JPJ, they are going out full force next year to ban the dark tinted glass....... however, our glass/mirror are not tinted, they are just dark......... and they are called privacy glass........ not too sure if it falls into their category........

if u r bringing ur car back from japan, u would need to send ur car to the JPJ for inspection before they are allowed on the road.... i think its the B2 inspection.... and usually those with dark tinted windows are not passing this inspection.... what they would do is "the other way"......

as this matter does not only affect our altezza, other clubs, such as Wish Club Malaysia are currently in the midst of preparing to have a meeting session with the authority to have a clearer guidelines and clarification........ majority of the WCM members are with the privacy glass........

other members with privacy glass, wat do u guys think? i think i can get ourself to be included in the meeting with the authority.....

hansc

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
KL/WP
Visit site
i am currently having the privacy glass...... the previous owner managed to get it thru during the inspection......... now i dunno if i can pass the inspection

ARSSS

Known Member
Jul 17, 2006
hansc said:
i am currently having the privacy glass...... the previous owner managed to get it thru during the inspection......... now i dunno if i can pass the inspection
When I bought my Toyota Wish, I've to change to clear glass before JPJ inspection.. then change it back to original privacy glass after inspection... I know the people who can lend the clear glass for inspection..

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
to all,

on my way back from shah alam last nite and on the way to tt in ttdi, was stopped by JPJ and they issued me a note asking me to do inspection, 2 problems i had; HID and privacy glass ...

all in all, privacy glass is NOT allowed in Msia. During registation last time, i used "the other way", anyway anyhow, somewhere someday, u still will be stopped.

will change mine to normal glass soon, less hassle.

zackdihaw

Sep 23, 2006
Thanks guys for the replies......guess there isnt much choice huh....Play by the rules...-change it, or do some magic tricks during the inspections....but then you have to be very good being invisible on the road...But I dont think you can be invisible in an Altz huh....right guys...??

Just hope the gov do something bout this...maybe loosen it up a bit. In m'sia, I think we deserve privacy glass. I dont see no reason to say itll raise crimes. Well....some people will romen2 a bit...hehhhee....but crimes....naaaa

hansc

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
KL/WP
Visit site
well, if we can justify why we need the privacy glass, then probably they will consider legalise....... the WCM members are now in action, taking all the pictures of those VIP cars with DARK TINTS.... dunno how they are looking at this matter, but its a good initiative by them......

ARSSS,
i do notice that u r one of the WCM member...... been to any of the gatherings?

ARSSS

Known Member
Jul 17, 2006
hansc said:
well, if we can justify why we need the privacy glass, then probably they will consider legalise....... the WCM members are now in action, taking all the pictures of those VIP cars with DARK TINTS.... dunno how they are looking at this matter, but its a good initiative by them......

ARSSS,
i do notice that u r one of the WCM member...... been to any of the gatherings?
Yup.. WCM is working on it.. they are doing it as much as they can..

Let's hope JPJ will consider our proposal for privacy glass usage.. :regular_smile:

Z_Edition

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2006
I would like to ask a question, why can't we have tinted/darken glass? What is JPJ's reason?

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
I think its maybe because of crime rates.. Maybe they dont legalize dark tint or privacy glass because they scared dont know who is behind those glasses.. haha.. later JPJ call one fella open the tingkap, then suddenly after opened, one double barrell shotgun pointing out..haha...

Z_Edition

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2006
What's the difference? Crime rates are still high. People are still getting murdered, raped, etc. Maybe if the so-called law enforcers focused on the real crime rather than wasting manpower trying to catch us commiting these petty 'crimes', we might have a better Malaysia.

Z_Edition

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2006
Bottom line.....JPJ SUCKS!!!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

dear sifu's, im having this problem currently. driving halfway, my air-cond starts blowing warm air out, when this occurs my engine temp gauge will hit redline - making the driver panic. after that, the air cond becomes cold again, and the temp goes back down to where it should be. it repeats itself.

if engine overheat, it wont go down so fast to my knowledge.

what could be the problem? radiotor? fan not working? something leaking?

:confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience