Throwing rubbish out through the vehicle

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
What chemical can a cigarette butt made compare to a tea bag? While attempt to find out the info that the gov from all countries try to convince people to pay them more money, you can also ask yourselves how bad is a car pollute the environment. How many grams of toxic gas produced by each car per each minutes. Why no people bring it up? It don't need to wait for weeks nor passing any process but will immediately sucked by your nose and take effect on you. It cannot be seen and some probably cannot be smelled. It just kill you slowly (but millions time faster than a cigarette butt on the same weight).

That's is one of the message I wanna bring out when I said I will still throw cigarette butt out from a car :burnout: Assume that everyone also little from a car and accumulate total waste for a year, it will be still too far away from 1% of the daily waste (including exhaust fume and domestic non-recyclable rubbish) that people create.

People will say the position of using asian toilet bowl is very 'impolite' or ugly or shameful. Using Western toilet bowl can have more 'elegance' position. But when they care so much about the surface of a thing, due to face does matter, some issues had been ignored or pretend not known. Don't tell me you never heard some people got S.T.D. or other disease because of sitting on a toilet bowl. Also some lengthy male like me need to hold my stuff because some toilet bowl is just too shallow and afraid my stuff's head will touch the water or bounce to the side wall when the yellow fluid start pumping :proud: This apply to the the littering from car issue too. Why littering can pollute environment but creating rubbish at home or anywhere else can be classified as 'less pollute the environment'? Where the rubbish go? how people treat them? Lack of awareness will not be an excuse cuz end of the day the thing will haunt back like a karma.

Littering from a car is ugly at outside. Creating rubbish and poison fume + think that is nothing wrong is definitely deadly dangerous.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
People will still have their job but we indirectly make their job more secured and the industrial demand more people to work for it, give people a chance to do right things in stead of forcing them to steal, rob and cheat. Of cause, this will not stop the crime cuz human urge is uncontrollable. But at least we give them a chance. As this may sound BS (yes, I did BS :rofl: ), let me tell most of the people that, tens of thousands people in Malaysia throw cigarette butt out from the car every single minute but to be honest, where you can find a place that has accumulate cigarette butts until so bad except designated smoking area or inside a disco/pub or a spot that people gather? If don't believe me can observe your own. KL is a place that has most cars in the country and it is not difficult to find cigarette butt on road side and please ignore the pics from internet and look by your own eyes. If you can see, write down ZTH.com on a piece of paper and put beside the butt and snap a pic with your phone then upload.

Littering is a very bad habit and I have no doubt of it. Throwing rubbish like plastic bag and so on out from the car not only pollute the environment but may also effect other drivers'/riders' safety. But when talk about cigarette butt, I think it is too fake for me to join the holy group of people. I'm not a cowboy but not yet a priest. I like to go closer to the reality and feel no shame for using Asian type toilet bowl. So, I'll still throw cigarette butt out from the car cuz practically it will not effect anything but the what what job security is only a joke as the labor demand is high on this job due to we are creating more rubbish than what we throw out from a car.

Sorry for turning a big round then only cum on everyone's face :rofl: Revise yourselves as I'm revising my own since 17 years ago although no progress yet to be shown except using slightly expensive biodegradable rubbish bags. If too good, scare god will call me to heaven earlier :rofl:
The way you state it sounds really irresponsible bro, is not about being holy or
whatsoever. One person change their ways/attitude will make a lot of difference.
Like you said, everyone does that in public by throwing off their ciggies butt in
public or even out of cars. Just because everyone does it, doesnt mean we should adopt
what they are doing...

Ciggies butts may be SMALL, but imagine how many people are smoking everyday. Sikit-sikit
lama-lama jadi bukit. Is not about an article from the internet or what. Is about Human's
attitude and consideration in making the world a better place.

A lot may think, why should I change, me alone won't help much. Which is indeed not true.
One person makes a lot of difference in every aspect.

Worse of all, a Cigarette Butt DOES NOT decompose in a week or two. Is a biodegradable
items but doesn't mean it will decompose fast. If we think a biodegradable item can
decompose easily, why bother throwing papers, cardboards or even newspapers in a proper
place? Let it decompose by itself better? You can try throwing your ciggies butt in your house
flower pot, see how long it will stay there. Is gonna be a long experiment for you...:top:

Wind and water will blow or wash it to god knows where...end of the day it might cause
floods (dont be surprise since many are littering it as mentioned), and even lid a FIRE without
intentions but just irresponsible actions. Birds picking on it, and end of the day the living
things in the sea will be suffering due to our actions.

Just think for the sake of our next generation. Imagine your kid next time picking up
a ciggie butt and put in their mouth, would u like that? There are so many other
living things besides us humans. Be more considerate.

Find ways to keep it in the car which I see some considerate smokers of my friends are using a
soft drink can as a temporary ashtray...

Saying giving others a job opportunity in keeping the streets clean sounds real nice
and considerate. However, is just an excuse to comfort oneself in continue to litter those
ciggie's butts. Ya I know is a joke, but I believe a lot are saying that actually..

Too much for me to say here, read it yourselves in the link:
CigaretteLitter.Org - The Facts About Cigarette Butts and Litter - Smokers

Bro, as u mentioned, it takes 1-2 weeks to degrade. While it degrades, it releases bad chemicals into the environment. And as the second point you mentioned; kl is jam packed with drivers or even normal pedestrians who just fling the butt to everywhere. If a thousand ppl doing this, you will have a thousand ciggy butts on the road.

Then come the mighty rain. Where does this all go? Some end up in the drain, some in the river. Is it a holy act TO NOT LITTER? No. It is a responsible act. There are thousands of smokers who do this almost everyday. 1 day 3 ciggy butt, 1 week 21 butts. Times with 5k smokers you get 105,000 butts in a week.

A holy act is done by one person but can save millions.
Totally agree with you bro! :top:

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
This is monkey see, monkey do attitude. Why he throw I cannot throw?
When I was in Japan, I had this piece of tissue paper to throw and looked around for a dustbin, and to my surprise there was none around, but yet the street is clean. I had to put the tissue into my pocket and take it back to the hotel to throw.
The Kinza area and tourist temple area, people smoke only in designated areas, throw their cigarette butts into dustbin allocated, before they walk off. Imagine as I was walking downtown, suddenly see a group of people all crowding around. First thought got sales going on? so as I approached the group they were actually crowding round a smoking area dustbin. Finish off their ciggy, threw the butts into the dustbin, then only walk off....:adore:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
That's why I like Singapore's FINE SYSTEM and also the way other countries educate their
people.

I just find that, if you can prevent yourself from throwing the ciggies butt in a shopping mall,
you can do it in public as well as in outside. Pavillion is one of the best examples,
where most people will go out and smoke by standing near the dustbin, done with it,
throw it into the dustbin for ciggies.

So, if you can do it in shopping malls, I dont think you cant do it outside. Just whether
one is willing to do so or have the heart to do so...

Just imagine one day, your kid ask you.

Son: "Dad, why do you throw your ciggie butts out of the car"?
Dad: Oh, is nothing son, EVERYONE DOES THAT. Is common.

If you can say that to your son. Then please continue doing what you are doing.
You will see what your son gonna grow up as with that kind of mindset...go figure..

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
For us is losing battle. Even if we can educate our own people, too many imports coming in too.....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
For us is losing battle. Even if we can educate our own people, too many imports coming in too.....
Yup, is not easy, but it makes a lot of difference if more smokers were to be more considerate
to make the world a better place for future generations and also the nature's sake..

Not stopping them to smoke, but at least a considerate smoker. :top:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
If we doing our own part of saving the environment, it make a diff, doesn't matter what other do n say, we are doing this for the future of our children's children's, not for those brainless ppl...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
If we doing our own part of saving the environment, it make a diff, doesn't matter what other do n say, we are doing this for the future of our children's children's, not for those brainless ppl...
Agree!

Part of our responsibility to make the world a better place for few generations down ahead. Our ancestors had did their part in making this world a better place for us.

Cars, Planes, Lights, IPHONE and etcs. All these are hard work of those people in the past which is
why we should be grateful we get to enjoy their hardwork today. Is our turn to do our part
as they ancestors have left the world...

Appreciation is very important...

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Interesting sentence from bro csl... the chemicals from internal combustion engine fumes are mostly harmful. I have to disagree with you when you say nobody give a damn bout it. There's Kyoto protocol. There're euro 4 euro 5 fuel. There are tons of green items out there for cars which get more and more popular due to demand. Ppl are getting aware although not everybody give a shit bout it but the number of ppl going green increases day by day. Hybrid cars, fuel cell cars, electric cars, or some ppl even resorted to paddle to work. I cycle to buy chicken rice nearby my house only :biggrin:

The fact that we are still using cars is because there's nth much we can do bout it if we are in need of transport. Yes we can use public transport but it is still impractical to some, in Malaysia. Imagine I tell my client over the phone for a meeting, "yaya I'm on the way, waiting for train". For sure if I'm the client, I'll be like "dafuq? Take taxi laaaaaa"

Cut it short, we will encounter difficulties if we do not drive. But would we have difficulties from NOT disposing rubbish properly? That's just pure laziness and irresponsible.

See Bangkok for example..they are not more developed than us. But I can assure you that you can hardly find rubbish bin there as well as rubbish. I encountered the same thing bro v2rturbo been through in Bangkok! It was really surprising

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Simply because everyone does it, then they follow...just good things we human don't tend to follow easily, while negative things attract
more negative things...

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
No..we are from apes wakakaka...a more evolved primate instead of monkeys LOL. But it seems day we are not evolving any further but deteriorate instead...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ever wonder when you will really get your ass screwed by the most unsuspecting person?

A greedy uncle who help tow my car to the nearest shop gave me just that, a damn RM500 BILL!!! EPIC RAGE on my part when i saw that number.

This is a damn crime against a person who only need a small favour, and i would gladly pay the fee of the proper RM150 cost!!! Damn im pissed, isn't there any other way i can settle this?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience