Throttle not responding to pedal

coriolis

Known Member
Jul 9, 2008
Bros,

Sometimes my car would not rev (like no throttling at all) when i step on the pedal while driving, this would go for like 10 secs before things go back to normal. Happened twice already, which is why I'm a bit worried now.

I just ran a diagnostic check at Trial and no problem was found with the fuel system.

Anyone experienced this before?

stepwyew

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
yes....i experience b4

mine after replace the air flow sensor , everything back to normal

coriolis

Known Member
Jul 9, 2008
Aiyak.. guess it means my air flow sensor also dying already :bawling:

Stephen, how much it cost you to change it last time?

ckcivic

Known Member
Sep 25, 2006
i also experience ,but i think not the air flow ploblem.
coz what ever o2 or air flow sensor for altezza ,i oledi replace the new unit.but ploblem come back again.:bawling:

stepwyew

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
Aiyak.. guess it means my air flow sensor also dying already :bawling:

Stephen, how much it cost you to change it last time?

If i m not mistaken is around rm400.00 .......actualy u can clean the air flow sensor by d.i.y but it wont last long.....:)

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
Coriolis..try to clean the MAF sensor first. If after cleaning the problem goes away ..then it is very possible the MAF is faulty. Then u can replaced it with a new sensor.

coriolis

Known Member
Jul 9, 2008
Grey/Step,

Thanks for the heads-up! Didn't realize there's a thread on MAF sensor cleaning on this forum also, I'll get to work on both the MAF and O2 sensor this weekend. Hopefully that will sort things out :)

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
omg... i thought mine was a mystery..!.
guess what?
my car also same.. especially after i drove it for 10minutes, and then stop the car (off engine) for some breakfast, and then start it again 30minutes later. It would show exactly the symptom.
the rev won't response well and it's like retarded at 2~3k rpm.
and also guess what. mine is SEG with Levin 20v.. i guess it's also
some air flow or MAP sensor prob ??

coriolis

Known Member
Jul 9, 2008
Just did MAF cleaning with contact cleaner yesterday.. the engine does sound better, so I brought it for a test drive on a 2km stretch. I noticed that when I reach 3k+ rpm, there's a jolt and surge forward with the rpm rising steadily after that. Is this normal? No noticable throttle response lag yet, though more driving is needed.

I'll probably take apart and clean the whole airbox + MAF sensor + o2 sensor this weekend.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

There may be a new contender at Pikes Peak this year and the team is looking to dust off some dirt on their way up the legendary hill climb challenge ahead of the regulars in the Open Class like Nobuhiro ‘Monster’ Tajima and Rhys Millen.

The contender in question originates from the Andros Trophy, a French ice racing series that pulls in all thebig names from the continent, much like how Pikes Peak pulls...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience