Throttle Body and intake manifold

soulseaker

500 RPM
Mar 22, 2005
Hi guys, changing the throttle body can cause any problem to the engin or not?
Do i need to retune my ecu?

Now i'm using perdana throttle body on 1.5 intake manifold. Didnt feel much different, maybe already used to it. Going to change it back to 1.5 throttle body to feel the difference.

Is changing the intake manifold give any difference to the engin reponse. cause i still have a ECI Multi intake manifold with 1.6 throttle body lying around in my house from my previous 4g13 engin.

Another question is, My previous engin use 4G15 MMC ECU which use an Air Flow Sensor, and my current engin use 4G15 MMC ECU which use a map sensor. If I decided to use the 1.6 ECI Multi intake manifold, can i still use the 1.6 throttle body?
I also dont know what i'm asking already.

Is there a different in throttle body using Air Flow Sensor and Map Sensor?

Any comment, anyone?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
A good bigger intake manifold and bigger throttle body plus a good air filter will give u some improvements..
You can see those GTRs or EVOs or SRs change their intake manifold to bigger ones when they modded kau kau..

Kopi

500 RPM
May 18, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
Soulseaker, i recommend u install an adjustable fuel regulator. As bigger TB sucks in more air, there is need for more fuel to even the AF ratio, especially for high RPM (for proton, between 4700-6400rpm). Why not arrange a meet with Mr EFN, he makes adjustables fuel regulators... and test out a unit on your car?

jee_square

Known Member
Jun 16, 2005
Taman Melawati
soulseaker said:

Now i'm using perdana throttle body on 1.5 intake manifold. Didnt feel much different, maybe already used to it. Going to change it back to 1.5 throttle body to feel the difference.

Is changing the intake manifold give any difference to the engin reponse. cause i still have a ECI Multi intake manifold with 1.6 throttle body lying around in my house from my previous 4g13 engin.

Another question is, My previous engin use 4G15 MMC ECU which use an Air Flow Sensor, and my current engin use 4G15 MMC ECU which use a map sensor. If I decided to use the 1.6 ECI Multi intake manifold, can i still use the 1.6 throttle body?

Any comment, anyone?

There is no difference in throttle body, anything also still the same thing.. Air flow sensor is the K-Jetronic fuel injection system type and the Map sensor is for L or D-Jetronic type.. Different ECU for both of them coz different input..

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
soulseaker said:

Any comment, anyone?
its easy man, if you dont feel much different than thats it !!! Not much different lah, thats da truth.

soulseaker

500 RPM
Mar 22, 2005
My previouse 4g13p engin really bring a lot of different, After i change the intake manifold, throttle body, injector, ecu and air flow sensor. Pick up can play with 1.6.

Now my current engin can roughly win gen 2 only. Aiyoh

Boink Boink

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
Pardon my limited input, but could it be that the reason why you dont feel any difference by a throttle body swap is because the throttle body was not the major impedement to your air flow in the first place?

Perhaps the major obstruction to your air flow could be ;
The plenum, the head itself, the extraction, exhaust system

The above also assumes that fuel can be increased to accomodate the increased airflow, and also assumes that your sensors can read the bigger flow?

Not to mention that you have enough scope ony our ECU in the first place? sooner or later a stock ECU is going to say toitself
"Now there CANNOT be THAT MUCH flow coming through right?", and act accordingly.

Dunno, lots of things to think about, I think. But ya ya your headed in the right way.

soulseaker

500 RPM
Mar 22, 2005
Thanks for all your guys info.

My next project, 1.6 ECI Multi intake manifold with perdana throttle body and fuel regulator to my 1.5 engin.

partyJOE

2,000 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
soulseaker..
i face the same problem like yrs b4... i use 4G67 tb on my 4G91...
i even bore the intakes as well... but felt lose of more power...
then i consult a foremen n he told me that the TPS is not 'ngam' for my engine...
so i used back my 4G91 TPS sensor n more power came...
felt more renponsive n lighter throttle after dat...
u may giv it a try.. may cause no harm....(",)

eye

Jul 7, 2005
Butterworth
what is the best throttle body to fit 4G61T ??
my engine always get "mati" while i change gear, why?? is it related to my t.body??

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
eye : I think this is ur ISC got some problem already...

my 4G91 run with 6A12 throttle body, but is complete full set. of coz it come with tps, I just add in another tps socket + enlong wire to support this different face tps. so far so good, nothing abnormal.

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
Kopi said:
Soulseaker, i recommend u install an adjustable fuel regulator. As bigger TB sucks in more air, there is need for more fuel to even the AF ratio, especially for high RPM (for proton, between 4700-6400rpm).
FYI, the TB don't suck air, the engine do. It's not an issue of "more air", but "higher volumetric efficiency". ECU will sense this, and increase the pulse width of the injectors for more fuel.

Kopi

500 RPM
May 18, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
drexchan said:
FYI, the TB don't suck air, the engine do. It's not an issue of "more air", but "higher volumetric efficiency". ECU will sense this, and increase the pulse width of the injectors for more fuel.
TQ for de correction.

soulseaker

500 RPM
Mar 22, 2005
Any sifu can recommend what fuel injector i can use to my 4g15p engin with my little touch up to my engin.