Things to rectify in ur car b4 autocross

KillerB

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Originally Posted by canken2
LanNismo,

1st timer no need to re-build cars. just make sure brakes and engine working well. after the event you'll have a better idea what you want to improve on and mod. even the champ is doing continuous improvement.;)

ermmm izzit...even got some problem wif dry-shaft...or bumpy...absorber...
please help me...@

any training...???

Lan

I've copied the post in previous thread to widen the topics of discussion. But really the Khong brothers shud do the talking here :p

If your drive shaft's got sound, then u gotta change it first. At the same time u can also check your drive shaft boot covers to see if they're broken or not. If it's broken, change it, cuz a broken drive shaft boot will shorten the lifespan of ur driveshafts.
Absorbers; you can use whatever is existing. Drive it round the course for the first time, then make necessary changes the next time around. Make sure all nuts are locked tightly.
Alignment; make sure they're checked and done. This is one of the cheapest tuning u can do first.
Anyway, if it's ur first autox, drive with whatever u have, then make necessary mods and tuning later. This way u can chart ur progress and improvements by looking at where u stand in the next round of autocross. For example, the satria R3's started with Stage 1 in sso4 last year, and in sso1.5 recently, they've upgraded to Stage 2 specs which have improvements in handling. So stage by stage modding is good.
The autox grounds are the training gounds. Evey run is considered training. There's 1 practice and normally 2 or 3 timed runs. U can use this as training grounds, unless u've got a group/team/posse big enough to come up with money and share the rental of a carpark lot for training purposes.

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
does autocross killl your stock absorbers, cause i noticed there are some HB turns and all...just curious... :D

MK84

1,500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.mk84.com
HB turns won't kill your dampers, it'll wear out the suspension bushes first.

julianpang

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
gavan said:
does autocross killl your stock absorbers, cause i noticed there are some HB turns and all...just curious... :D
I think it doesnt wear much on the bush. In autocross, you do not hand brake in every corner. You only do handbrake turn on certain corners. Yesterday's Autocross I only pull handbrake 2 times in a run. And thats only during the "figure 8" the rest I didnt pull. Afternoon session layout, I never pull at all. All in all, I only pull 8 times the whole of yesterday. Thats not a lot right?

I have been hand braking my car for the whole year of 2004 during BFG Autocross & Autokhana event and I am still running the same bushes, suspension & clutch (standard).

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
lolz, bro, your absorbers are not stock marr....

so i guess its not too harsh on it huh? okie then :D cause my bushes are definately gone after the previous SSO, think i it tore after the first run as i was pushing my car way over the limits(first time in an SSO so i was pushing my car real hard), then i learnt that it was not required to even push that hard, just drive normally...and my times improved dramatically, butthen sadly my second timed run was changed...so erm, i dunno how fast was i exactly during that run cause during the third run i just relax all the way....(cause SSO was timed by the fastest run, and my second run seems to be very good, so i relaxed on the third run, which was also faster than my first)

so, was waiting for the next SSO till yesterday i was at the KKS autocross..woah, really caught my attention tho... :D

julianpang

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
gavan said:
lolz, bro, your absorbers are not stock marr....

so i guess its not too harsh on it huh? okie then :D cause my bushes are definately gone after the previous SSO, think i it tore after the first run as i was pushing my car way over the limits(first time in an SSO so i was pushing my car real hard), then i learnt that it was not required to even push that hard, just drive normally...and my times improved dramatically, butthen sadly my second timed run was changed...so erm, i dunno how fast was i exactly during that run cause during the third run i just relax all the way....(cause SSO was timed by the fastest run, and my second run seems to be very good, so i relaxed on the third run, which was also faster than my first)

so, was waiting for the next SSO till yesterday i was at the KKS autocross..woah, really caught my attention tho... :D

I am running on upgraded absorbers but I am still running stock bushes.

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
i see...lolz, i know the bushes at my absorbers are screwed lorr.....ekekke :P dunno wether need to change anot leh?? do you think i need to change them??

KillerB

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
If you want consistent and gradual improvements during autocross and sso, start with not driving to the limit first, right from your first practice run. THen analyse your driving and see where you need to improve. On your next run, improve particularly on the part where u need to improve but the rest remain the same. Repeat the same process in the next run. I n sso u get total 4 runs including practice. So normally your 2nd last or last run shud be the fastest. In autocross, this allows you to have a more consistent timing compared to running flat out in every run. Hope this makes sense.

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
thanks for advice bro, the last SSO was my first time entering, so the first run i whack all the way, then only i noticed actualy i need not do that, just relax and focus and i can run better.. :D

peterink2000

Known Member
Jan 8, 2005
Old Klang Rd
Visit site
hi Gavan,

carpark race is really adrenelin pumping right? ..for a start larr......later go on to track racing. kekekkeee...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all MODmasters,

I have a Cordia 1.8L and now using magma 1.5L.I just bought this car from my bos last year and trying to change the engine.The cordia engine was blown before this my bos told me.I'm a noobie in modding cars but are keen in learning and getting a new engine for a start . I plan to play turbo since i never had one before. so the questions goes like this:

1. What are the list of engine should be compliant to my car?

2. What are the price for each engines, since i'm...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience