things to check when buying used e46

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
Never buy basic spec beemer which usually comes with smaller engine coz it'll give u the taste of 'Banyak Masuk Workshop' experience.....get the 6 cylinder above but if u looking at 4 potter, better look at other makes which give u less headache..

pac_jb

Known Member
Feb 28, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
How bout 2.0 6 potter compared to 1.9..its either 1.9 or 2.0 6potter for me now...i not going for 2.5...cause got 2 more cars to maintain

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
drive it around ... go uneven road to see if the steering pulls aside or any top absorber mount sounds appear..reason being ..the e46 common wear and tear parts are the front control bush and the absorber mounts... and also the brakes...u accelerate and u hard brake it ...see for judder... disc is also another e46 wear n tear parts... all this is not expensive to replace.. but check first so that u need to know wat u need to spend to refresh...

regarding the choice... go 2.8 or 3.0 if u can find one.. i currently own e46 330ci ...gotta love it.... but even its a 3.0 couldnt expect too much in the hway as theres aloooot of much faster cars out there... hehe

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Don't forget to check all the coolant and oil hoses. When these things fail, they usually will cost you dearly. I learned it the hard way when I bought a second-had car some time ago.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It is very popular among car enthusiast to say that contis are more fun to drive. However, what determines a vehicle to be fun to drive. Is it the engine, chassis, suspension, steering or what?

Kindly discuss..........:idea::idea::idea:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience