Puspakom checks

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Just creating a thread to share my findings regarding Puspakom checks.

Doing a simple name change there are 3-4 basic checks :

1. Engine and chassis number must match the registration card.
2. Car must not be welded at any of the seams indicating a cut and join. Meaning no indication of cutting
3. Tinting must be removed. Fark you if you say your tint will pass Puspakom checks.
4. Overall outlook of the car must not differ too much from the original look.

#4 is quite important because I just wasted RM100+ getting an old junk Daihatsu Charade G11 inspected and failed because of retrofitted Waja headlamps and extreme front bodykit/bumper that makes the car no longer look like original.

If you're getting a bank loan for your car, then the check will be a thousand times more detailed. Make sure your headlights/rear lamps are not tinted, no tint, no significant engine oil leaks, no modified mountings, hell - make sure your windscreen wiper fluid is filled properly. They even check that the headlights are working and is the proper colour. So make it easy to pass as possible.

Some say you can bribe, sure. But it's not worth the money paying the runner to do this for you for thousands when you can just pay RM100+ (including GST) for them to come to your house at an appointed time and pass/fail you. It's too easy to be worth calling the runner to do it for you. You only need to 'bribe' the officers who come with ice cold 100plus and be friendly. They usually will tell you what you need to do to pass if there's any problem with the car.

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
not quite agree with the tinted tips...

I've experience dealing my own car, no runner at all... to:
1. Puspakom Kuantan circa 2005
2. Puspakom Mak Mandin Penang 02 times...with different car. one in 2008 one in 2009.
3. Puspakom Teluk Kumbar Penang 2008
4. Puspakom Shah Alam 2011
5. Puspakom Pdg Jawa 2013
6. Puspakom JB Nov 2014
7. Puspakom Manjung Perak this is the latest. circa Dis 2014

i came to all the puspakom with ONLY front and rear tinted removed and i passed all the test. I only acted normally, i mean no whatsoever super friendly gesture, humble to the max...offering cigar, drinks etc. Because I know that all the tinted on my car basically passed the VLT. (If super dark or super reflect like mirror off course need to peel or remove, logic sense. Less hassle)
I am not a car dealer though or a runner. Just a plain simple normal looking man with no cables inside or personally knew anyone working in puspakom.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But many of my friends also say the same thing as bro. Izso. Even their tint is light also fail.....:banghead:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
the tint can kautim if its lightly tinted...mine was 80% double layer, when PMI came to my hse
I asked them need to remove anot? they told me don't remove 1st, let them use their VLT gun.....if cannot pass then only remove.

even asked can kautim anot? as the VLT percentage is keyed in manually in the report. they say cannot cos need to take pictures.

just be nice to them & offer them drinks & some snacks you're fine....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I personally didn't have a problem with my tint because I removed it anyway (selling car) but I've heard many stories from others who've had no luck with the tint. Some even argued with the tint shop that guaranteed their passing of the tests. Personally I'd avoid the hassle and just leave it untinted since some glass are already pre-tinted to some extent like the Chromax glass.

My car confirm would fail any tests if I wanted to take the risk. :biggrin:

MKMD428 : Sounds like you've changed cars a lot. Do they normally just scan the front and back screens only?

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
I personally didn't have a problem with my tint because I removed it anyway (selling car) but I've heard many stories from others who've had no luck with the tint. Some even argued with the tint shop that guaranteed their passing of the tests. Personally I'd avoid the hassle and just leave it untinted since some glass are already pre-tinted to some extent like the Chromax glass.

MKMD428 : Sounds like you've changed cars a lot. Do they normally just scan the front and back screens only?
izso bro..changing cars and change the engine. All the windows were scan.
At Puspakom Shah Alam i was told to remove the front tinted, go outside, peel it off, start over again..really waste my time. Lucky i went very early in the morning and they only inspect the window (since I passed all other inspection point)

I understand why u say tinted must be remove..its all about avoiding the problem of going for a re-inspection. Its a waste of time lining up just for the sake of checking the windows only. But hey, if a person is confident that his tinted will pass..and time is not a problem, just give it a try.

Usually my car will use the same VLT percentage for all of the windows..bearing that the front n rear VLT's are not the same as the side window screens, so like it or not I have to remove it.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Maybe like bro. Danz mentioned they need to take pictures so they take from the front.....:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
In which the so called legal tint. The 1st time I went to puspakom just to have ownership transfer. That time I did not know most cars tinted will usually fail. So mine was tinted and still went ahead with the inspection. I wasn't worried about the tint at all since is legal tint.

As confident as I was that day, apparently it failed the test. The Puspakom officer ask me to come over, he scanned the machine on the front passenger window and shows that my percentage was 48% slightly not pass.

He told me to peel it off after scanning a few times to make sure and it didnt pass the approve percentage. I say really? He said yes.

So, all tint is okay except the front passenger side which I'm kinda curious on why only 1 not pass.

Went back to tint shop n they tell me we dont cover puspakom inspection. I said u guys said is legal tint within approve rate.
They say yes but we did not state we cover Puspakom inspection because usually they will fail the tint during inspection.

I was pissed with it. Instead of saying they dont cover at least offer me a solution, they say we can help u tint the whole car again and offer me another promotion.

I just walk away. Offer me another promotion means asking me to tint the whole car again.

After that only learnt that not many cars that is tinted pass the test at puspakom inspection. Well except for my kelisa, I bought it the time it was adi tinted but not the dark ones.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
To be safe, most remove the tint then send for check then re-tint......hahhahahha
Ya, if is not tinted by me, i wont be bothered. Will tear lol. Cuz is tinted by me then really sayang to remove but lucky is not those few thousands ringgit tints

Oct 29, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
My experience is "The tint is JPJ approve" tint shops will cover the cost if it's a JPJ saman. They do not cover it if the car goes into Puspakom inspection as most if not all tint will fail.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ya, if is not tinted by me, i wont be bothered. Will tear lol. Cuz is tinted by me then really sayang to remove but lucky is not those few thousands ringgit tints
You tint means your car already, no need send to puspakom check mah! Buy over 2nd hand car then that is tint by previous owner, but like my wife's car if sell, tint is Ray Tech one woh!:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

My experience is "The tint is JPJ approve" tint shops will cover the cost if it's a JPJ saman. They do not cover it if the car goes into Puspakom inspection as most if not all tint will fail.
Haha, yah! I remember also they say if JPJ saman not Puspakom check.....:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
You tint means your car already, no need send to puspakom check mah! Buy over 2nd hand car then that is tint by previous owner, but like my wife's car if sell, tint is Ray Tech one woh!:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Haha, yah! I remember also they say if JPJ saman not Puspakom check.....:driver:
Yup, they say they state clearly JPJ. RayTech one mahal orr...lol and sell time also cannot be selling point hahaha!

So moral of the story is, if dont intend to keep the car, dont tint expensive ones lol

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, they say they state clearly JPJ. RayTech one mahal orr...lol and sell time also cannot be selling point hahaha!

So moral of the story is, if dont intend to keep the car, dont tint expensive ones lol
Well, buy new car time, sure think of keeping longer loh! Especially Chery low resale value how to sell fast....hahhaha
Anyway, Mine was package. Came with leather seats, DVD player, roof mount monitor, rear camera, rear sensor and front sensor....:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Have any of you watched the video where Michael Schumacher takes a gorgeous red SLS and loops it in a tunnel? While some are still debating on the authenticity of the commercial, it is still an impressive video nevertheless. I personally like the part where all the crew members are preparing for the run, showing how much preparation, precise calculation and teamwork involved in accomplishing a specific project...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience