The Star: Road bullies on bikes

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
By STUART MICHAEL

ILLEGAL street motorcycle racers or Mat Rempits are the bane of motorists who travel the city’s roads and highways around or after midnight.

These reckless bikers who not only endanger their lives but that of others with their dangerous riding habits have made certain parts of the city their happy hunting ground for their other passion – intimidating other motorists.

A close-up of three motorcyclists executing wheelies at high speed on Jalan Semantan.
Travelling in convoys, these Mat Rempit bikers not only hog the whole road but also force others to slow down as though an ambulance or a VIP entourage was about to pass by.

They also have the tendency to retaliate should anybody challenge their “authority” on the roads.

A group of Mat Rempits was once reported to have used a fire extinguisher to spray foam onto the windscreen of a motorist’s car, all because the driver of the car dared to overtake them.

This incident took place in the respectable neighbourhood of Taman Tun Dr Ismail.

A motorist who wished to be named only as Keith B. said he had encountered groups of Mat Rempits at least 10 times on the Penchala Link alone.

“These bikers occupy the whole road while they perform all sorts of stunts and they never let me pass.

“I’m a careful driver, so I always keep my distance from them for fear of knocking them down.

“These groups are usually made up of around 50 bikers. I’m definitely afraid of being beaten up by them should I knock into any one of them,” he confessed.

In Kuala Lumpur, their favourite hangouts are Dataran Merdeka, Esso and the Shell petrol stations on Jalan Semantan in Damansara Heights, Jalan Pahang roundabout and the BP petrol station in Damansara Uptown.

These youths, mostly aged between 15 and 30, gather every weekend without fail. They would assemble from 11pm onwards before members of these illegal convoys start to race or to intimidate other road users.

These Mat Rempits ride common motorcycles like Yamaha RXZ, Yamaha 125Z, Honda EX5, Suzuki Panther and Scooters.

Some have a woman riding pillion to add to the night’s thrills.

For residents who live near these bikers’ meeting points, the loud exhaust noise are also causing them to have sleepless nights on weekends.

The illegal racers gather at the Jalan Semantan Esso petrol station before they race. This photograph was taken at 1.30am.
A resident said more than 300 bikers would gather at the Esso petrol station on Jalan Semantan every Saturday.

“At around 1am on Sunday, my neighbours and I would be jolted from our sleep. These bikers are a nuisance and they are not afraid despite the presence of police patrol cars occasionally.

“Mat Rempits should go to non-residential areas or open spaces to indulge in their sport. They are disturbing the peace of ordinary folks,” he said.

On the whole, residents in affected areas feel that the traffic police and the Road Transport Department (JPJ) should do more to curtail the activities of Mat Rempits.

My take: Increase the fines, take away their bikes, make jail sentences mandatory and allow more biker traffic cops...

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
invisibleghost,
They like the attention, if you notice it. Notice how they are more daring and more retaliating now? They got no further future.

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
pour a can of black oil on the road during the morning and sit back and enjoy the show at night.. :)

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
evo3,
That's gonna affect the innocent road users too. I'd say we get 2 pickup trucks, a very very very strong thin steel wire. What we do? Refer to picture below.

The thin boxes are the rempits. We basically sweep `em all out. buahaha

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
We need a bunch of turbo-charged Mitsubishi Storm V6. Engine comes from a 6G72 GTO.

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
jun_ek9,
We don't actually need to chase `em. We know where they gather ma. And they're all over the place. hahaha

invisibleghost,
I draw it myself lor. haha The thin wire is actually to behead them. When they go through, it'll be like.... "SNITCH"... and their head goes to the ground. buahahaha And we don't need the speed to run away too cos when their members see, they'll give chase. When they come beside us, we just swerve left and right very hard... and all of them will be on the road licking up dirt. Cool eh? hehehe

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Hahahahaha......satria95. I was laughing like hell when i saw your cute little pics and your posting. Very funny lah you.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

what engine can we put in iswara aerobek without changing tapak and tukar tapak?give me contoh.. :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience