The Multi-Purpose Rescue Vehicle (MRV), a World’s First and Made in Malaysia!

d4rk

Known Member
Jul 26, 2010
Johor Bahru

Natural disasters are pretty much inevitable. And since Malaysia gets quite a lot of rain throughout the year, natural disasters like flash floods and landslides could occur at any time, without any warning. And in such incident, the response time of the authorities in mounting a rescue mission is very important since it could mean life or death. Realizing the degree of such situation, the locally-based LWK Automotive Green Technologies Sdn Bhd had came out with the world’s first multi-purpose rescue vehicle (MRV) to take on such task.

Of course, there are other vehicles that could do the same job as well, but not like the MRV. While other conventional rescue vehicle could only assist during a disaster, the MRV could be the spearhead of the rescue mission. So, what makes the MRV stand out from the others?

Firstly, it has a waterproof transmission system and fuel tank which has claimed to be able to wade through six feet of water and still have the engine running. And just like a fire rescue vehicle, the MRV also has a 630psi pump for fire extinguishing purpose. It also has enough room to fit up to 15 people at one time if an evacuation is needed, and an electric generator onboard which is capable of producing 20kW of electricity.

And since this vehicle will be needed mostly on rough grounds covered with mud and debris, it is no surprise that it is four-wheel drive. Although the MRV is only powered by a 2.0l diesel engine, it is mated with a hydraulic-powered drive system. With that, the vehicle is able to approach an angle of 45 degrees and having a towing capacity of over 40 tonnes, due to its 9,000Nm of maximum torque.

This new MRV is primarily aimed for local agencies like the Defence Ministry, the Police, and also Mercy Malaysia.

“We have received many enquiries from Thailand, Brunei, China, Myanmar and Bangladesh. However, our main aim is to market the MRV locally first,” said LWK Automotive Green Technologies CEO Tan Sri Robert Phang.

Source:

World’s first multi-purpose rescue vehicle made in Malaysia launched - Cars Bikes Trucks

Attachments

Slide!

Apr 1, 2008
I dont see how 15 people can fit in there...
also they dont state the ground clearance and a fording capabilty of 6 feet with a snorkle is no big deal. any 4 X4 with a snorkle can do that. they obviously have not hear of the Unimog... which can be configured anyway you want it. Plus, since its been around since the 1940s and is built by Mercedes Benz and is used in the armies of Germany, France, Sweden and Singapore, i think that if i were in trouble or were doing some rescuing, i would rather be in a Unimog.

is the rescue truck above the worlds first? i dont think so.

Last edited:

drMpower

May 1, 2006
i forever ask them to have hovercrafts ready and they are doing this crazy MRV thing
a hovercraft can be use either on dry or wet conditions

and it doesnt need a wheel. a propeller, wind which is super unlimited. and thats about it

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
hahahahahahahahahaha made in malaysia???? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

from the first pict. i already knew it...

if assembled in malaysia i believe it..but made in malaysia? nahhhhhhhh :smokin:

ak.101ss

M50B25TU Crazy.
Jun 5, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
if they wanted a real rescue vehicle, they could have bought these... DT-30 Vityaz. Youtube them and you wont be disappointed.

AIDS

Known Member
Mar 31, 2006
this thread is almost worthless. zerotohundred in how many years????

rageaccel2

Known Member
Dec 22, 2010
Shah Alam
haters will hate.. bashers will bash.. especially on local product..

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i didn't meant to bash..but... it just a mere rebadged china product and assembled in malaysia....even all the parts coming from china....i've seen it first hand (in different palm-oil fruit carrier)...thats why i says,malaysian's technology more than capable to produce their own..but u know la cheaper to get product from there and put our own brand and says this is Malaysian Made...hahahahaha :rofl:

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Damn it doesn't have portal axles..... =(. So 1 up for Unimogs...

Akang Gabriel

From Facebook
Oct 9, 2010
www.facebook.com
9000Nm is enough to rip off the earth into two =___="" , and i don't know how they can manage to fit 15 people inside..
or do they mean ON the MRV...

---------- Post added at 03:07 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:07 AM ----------

i mean 15 people

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

There’s no doubt about it, The Jungle Book is one of those stories that is just simply timeless. It has everything you could possibly want: lovable characters, singable songs, and a dancing primate. But who knew that a bunch of jungle animals and a man-cub named Mowgli would teach us so many life lessons? Not us. But lessons we did learn. Ones like these:

A 3 door...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience