Thanks for all the help, and a lesson learned

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
To all ZTH’ers,
<o:p> </o:p>
Thanks for all the help and attention, but this is already the fifth day, and still heard nothing about my Avanza. I guess, it gone for good
However, I want to share my experience and to remind you all what you can do or don’t when your car is hit or …..
It all happened this way<o:p></o:p>
In the morning as usual, I reversed my car from the porches and out to the road. I waiting for the gate to closed and ready to move out to work as what I had been doing for the past six years
As I am reaching an intersection (T junction) my avanza is knock from behind (quite a knock), I am angry at that time because I had live there for almost 20 years and had never get such a thing.
So I take off my seat belt, and getting ready to get down the car. So I turn off the engine and ready to swear at him her or who ever. Just as I reaching to the door latch, there is this huge black figure right beside me and its pulling my door opened and it grab on me.
It pulled myself out of the car and drove it away.
Few things to watch out here
  • When I turn off the car engine, the door lock automatically pop up (BAD design)
  • I am angry instead of staying calm
Lesson Learned
  • Always keep the door lock and don’t get down at any give time
  • Never get angry especially under unexpected events (which is hard for me but hope you can do that)
  • If you are alone, never get down the car by yourself (I am thankful he didn’t have a whole gang to hurt me)
  • If the hitter is an Indian (sorry to say this) pay EXTRA attention, because you know these folks aren’t the nicest ethnic people in your neighborhood
  • Come to the worst, stay in your car whole time, wait for help, call up your friend or families or the police (never the passer by because you don’t know they might be the same gang)
Best lesson learn in my life for time being, pay little too much… :shcokedcamo:

t0il3t_duck

500 RPM
Apr 17, 2005
www.csee-loong.com
yea... that's another case on today's newspapper.... guess the best way is drive to a crowded place such as gas station and talk over there...

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
no offense jeffayn, but i think you are being racist a bit.

personally speaking, I am always becareful whenever I am on the road. road bullies can be not only of Indian ethnics, but also can be a Chinese and also the rich Malays....

if not mistaken, all Toyota cars come equipped with auto lock function right? the doors will automatically locked upon reaching 2,000rpm or 20kmh.

in future, make use of our phone camera. especially in movie recording mode. that could be a very strong evidence

I had come across many nice people...including chinese and indians so lets not have prejudice here ok?

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
Zan,
sorry bout my comment, but it just my personal comments.

By the way, if next time your car is hijack, please use your phone camera and upload it let me see, K ...

Thanks

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
no pun intended; but usually this type of cases you don't have any time to react...
U'll just got stunned. Normal reaction.
It's like my friend tall guy; was carrying laptop with a sling bag. A bike came from behind and snatched it.
Than after we heard about it we're suggesting do this lar do that lar....should have pulled hard lar, pull and let go lar lar....kick the bike lar watsover fark lar...
U know what's his reply. "wait till u r in that situation than u later tell us what you'll be doing".

What he meant is sometimes logical or illogical thinking doesn't really helps in that type of situation!

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
and pls ppl stop picking up on general statement and say it's a racist or no racist....
have been through a lot of post...
the guy just got a real case. Pls show sympathy and understand the frustration and anger.

really had it!

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
boon,

thanks for your support.... its not something racist just pure anger....

thanks for being understand...

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
no offense jeffayn, but i think you are being racist a bit.

personally speaking, I am always becareful whenever I am on the road. road bullies can be not only of Indian ethnics, but also can be a Chinese and also the rich Malays....

if not mistaken, all Toyota cars come equipped with auto lock function right? the doors will automatically locked upon reaching 2,000rpm or 20kmh.

in future, make use of our phone camera. especially in movie recording mode. that could be a very strong evidence

I had come across many nice people...including chinese and indians so lets not have prejudice here ok?
But when you off the engine, the door will unlock and the hijacker can just open the door and pull you out.

Best thing is to wind the window down a bit (not too much so that he can put his hand in) and talk there.

Prepare some pepper spray if necessary.

And keep your keys in your pocket or if you think he's going to force it from you, throw it into some bushes nearby. He'll probably give up trying to hijack your car.

And stay calm always!

mafia_boyz

Known Member
Dec 9, 2004
Visit site
i would think life is more important.. if the hijackers has a weapon better give what he wants.. i know losing a car is a big loss.. but it could be recovered or coulde get a new car.. but life is only once.. once gone means bye bye...

i feel for your loss too.. hope it does not scar your life and have permernant effect on your physcology...

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
next time ur car gets crashed by somebody....
just take the other cars plate number and u straight away go report it at the police station...
better safe than sorry ppl...
u never know what ppl do on purpose these days to rob you...
cases like these happen alot....
they've already targeted you for some time....

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
i would think life is more important.. if the hijackers has a weapon better give what he wants.. i know losing a car is a big loss.. but it could be recovered or coulde get a new car.. but life is only once.. once gone means bye bye...

i feel for your loss too.. hope it does not scar your life and have permernant effect on your physcology...

Well said!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Carefull...this is a conman, banking money than no reply n give lots of excuse, like Kena denggi Lah, masuk hospital Lah. Otw to poslaju Lah...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience